Can't figure out how to sync my iPad Air properly

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by stooney, Nov 15, 2013.

1. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

#1 stooney, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    Hi everybody,

this may be a bit OT but I figured, since Developers hang out here they would know what to do ;-)

My new iPad Air was delivered today, i backed up my "old" 3rd Gen and made a full restore and sync with the new one.

For some reason though, not every app and not every book was installed on the iPad Air nor do any of the missing ones show up on iTunes (Software)

This might be connected to me having two accounts on iTunes in two different Stores.

But even this does not sum up.
    For instance, I have bought Asphalt 7 and 8 with the SAME account. However, only Asphalt 8 shows up, not 7!
    Both instances are still installed on my 3rd Gen with the same account associated.

Also I had ~200 books on my 3rd Gen, but only 127 got transfered to the Air?
    In this case, almost all books, be they PDF or EPUB were "uploaded" to iPad via Dropbox and from there "opened" in iBooks.

I *think* I may have solved the book thing by manually deleting ALL books from the iTunes Folder on the PC and then again put all books into the "Add to iTunes" Folder. This seems to have done the trick, at least the new numbers add up and the bookmarks seem still intact.

But for some reason, I can't seem to access the "missing" apps?
    All of them are still installed on my 3rd Gen, but show up neither in the iTunes Software nor on the Air, whichever account I log in.

Sure I could install them all manually, but I fear that I will lose progress in games and content in apps?

Any suggestions?

Edit: Just to mention it: None of my devices has ever been jailbroken or has been tampered within in any other way. All totally legit ...

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    IDK, but you could try a better program like iTools, which works flawlessly more so than iTunes. I had problems myself with iTunes, music wouldn't sync, or album covers would just vanish. Some of my apps wouldn't sync and error out. iTools has none of these issues, so you may want to try that. It will detect you backup on you PC/mac, and your good to go..

3. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Some software from a Chinese site?
    Ida now?

Meanwhile - through trial and error - I have somehow managed to get the "missing" Apps from mit 3rd Gen into the iTunes Software.

Then I connected the Air and it looks like they are now all copied to it. Only takes some time and is at 50% now ..

However, it can't be that it has to be this complicated, can it?

4. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Not Chinese, in fact it is a clean program and ad-free. It even has access to appstore to update your apps.