GameClub Incoboto (by Fluttermind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    Yes - retina support still in the pipeline. I have it running at higher res, but I'm having to re-author all the darned graphics again.

This is going exceptionally slowly due to my time being split between Fluttermind stuff and Another Place stuff where there are 4 (still unpaid) guys requiring my attention.

Anyway, excuses aside, it should happen and - as ever - thanks so much for your patience.*

As it is, I'm considering handing Inco over to someone else so you guys and the game you bought can get the attention you deserve.

*P.S. This is why single dude companies don't rule the world.

2. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I sure hope this doesn't mean us having to purchase it all over again. :confused:

3. radnussrini

radnussrini Active Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Really cool game ... i strongly recommend to buy this game

4. Rain2024

Rain2024 New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Help-Sincerity

Help I've been stuck on this one for so long! I'm trying to get the star stuck inside the bubble on Sincerity. Only three of the five red lights on the light ring are green, and I can't figure out what to do! :confused:

:DAbsolutely love this game by the way!

5. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Good Lord, no! Nor will I punch puppies in the face, dance in front of cripples, or make jokes about Anne Frank.

Charging again would make me the tooliest tool in the world. In fact, if you covered the floor with all the tools ever manufactured and had someone pick out the biggest tool there, they'd have to point at me.

I will never drop this game's price. I will never add adverts. I will never add 'Freemium' content. You bought it. You have it. It's yours.

Hope you get the point.

If I manage to hand over Inco, it'll be so you have someone looking after the game 24/7, as well as ensuring it finally gets to Android/iPhone and... making a sequel. :)

6. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I see what you're saying now. By earlier saying you were going to give it to someone else, I thought you meant you were planning on selling the game (a la Casey's Contraptions and Rovio) and it would be pulled from the App Store then relaunched under some other house's brand. I couldn't see how that would benefit us users, so I'm glad to hear it's just a change of day-to-day game asset management, not actual game ownership. Thanks for explaining!

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I think it's getting to the point where I will reset my game and play it over. Loved this game so much the first time through! :)

8. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Ooooh, I'd wait. There's a semi-demi-sorta-kinda-HD-bug-fix-and-jetpack-mark2-version coming really soon.

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I will quote that in the first Post so possible upcoming Customer know that they should buy it right now since there is never coming a Sale so they are wasting their Time.

10. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Thanks so much. The HD-ish* version is built, working and - bar testing - ready to ship!

*Not every asset is HD. Just wanted to be honest!

11. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    ...and... it's with Apple even now.

12. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    ...and it's now released!

Enjoy!

13. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    A beautiful and very atmospheric game Dene.If it gets a sequel i hope it comes up to the high standard set by this game.

14. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #254 dclose, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    The update is really nice! The graphics improvement on a retina iPad display is noticeable and very nice indeed!

One thing I'd like to see improved though, is the fact that it asks me, every single time I start the app, if it can access my Twitter account. If I say no the first time, please just have it remember my response. I can always change it later via a menu option, but I really don't want to be harangued about giving Twitter access just because I take breaks between playing levels.

P.S. I am a totally inept grappler! I wish the jetpack was available sooner, or a choice, at least. At this rate, I'll be lucky if I ever finish. :)

15. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #255 dclose, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    Found a bug! With help from another person, I finally got through the grappling bits and got the jetpack. I went back and collected all the star maps, then got all the stars. The game said to go to Gateway, but I went back to WarmSun instead, to find the improved jetpack first. As soon as I claim the improved jetpack, the game crashes. Every time! It restarts me at Passway, and I am not possession of an improved jetpack. If I go back to WarmSun, there it is, waiting for me to claim it, but when I do, the game crashes. And repeat!

Can you only claim the improved jetpack once you've finished the bit on Gateway first
    (the repowering of the suns)
    ? Why not warn you of that rather than just crash?

16. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Yup. Bug. Ugh. Thought I'd dealt with every eventuality of this bit of the script. I guess I'm diving back into the code again!

17. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    LOL, I have a reputation: if there's a bug, I will find it!

I will help you test your next game. :)

18. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    dropped you an email Dene :D
    really glad the Retina update is finally here :D

19. Kamizak3

Kamizak3 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    School, beta testing apps, learning programming
    California
    It's so beautiful! Thanks Dene :)

20. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Hey, no problem folks. Thanks for the support - as ever. I hate every one of you who posted a bug, by the way. :) Hate. And love. But mostly hate.

Well maybe a bit of love.

I'll be doing some more bug-fixes over the next week or so (will it never frickin' end?!), and maybe up the rez of a few more bits and pieces here and there. Then, I'm afraid, I'm AFK for about a month!

In the meantime, I have a question to ask (and not in a poll!).
    When you first heard about Incoboto, were you most interested in it because of:

a) The graphics
    b) My background (Fable)
    c) The promise of exploration
    d) The promise of puzzles
    e) Experiences with Flaboo!
    f) My fine selection of English cheeses.
    g) The weird name.

The reason I ask is that I have been sooooo impressed by the general niceness and intelligence of the Inco fans, and I'm trying to figure out what brings those kinds of people together in their interest for a game like this. 'Cos it's a damned weird, depressing, bleak game, really...

Any information is really interesting to me. I'd like to know what kind of weirdoes I'm dealing with.