Universal Pork Chopper - pig-based action RPG-lite (WIP + HTML5 demo)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SnoutUP, Oct 11, 2016.

1. SnoutUP

SnoutUP Well-Known Member

Good day, everyone!

I'd like to show you something I'm working on and I hope you will like it. Pork Chopper is a tiny action RPG-lite, where you control an adventurous piglet exploring floors filled with various enemies.

[​IMG]

Different environments will have different enemies, outfit items and weapons to unlock. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring and some surprises in to mix the gameplay up and avoid pushing player in to an endless grind.

[​IMG]

Due to limited controls, I'm focusing on melee combat, but not losing hope to make ranged weapons viable and fun to use.

[​IMG]

Current status

It's had to estimate how much of this project is already completed, because I keep thinking of new things I'd like to add to it before the initial release and, also, I'd like to prepare it for the things I MIGHT want to add in the future. That being said, I'd love to launch something significant (a gamemode capped at 100 floors, which wouldn't get too boring) before the end of this year. I think I'm at ~40% of that content-wise.

Web demo (HTML5) is already available, although for some reason it runs awfully in iOS devices (could be an issue with Safari browser), so better to play on Desktop for now.

https://snoutup.itch.io/pork-chopper

Let me know what you think!

---

My latest iOS release (TA thread):
    [​IMG]

2. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    played the beta

I had the opportunity to mess with an early version of Pork Chopper for a bit and I am super excited to see how the final game turns out!

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Hope I can get in on a beta.
    Your games have a unique style and I'm glad our sticking with a theme.
    You have unique characters like Nintendo

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Nice. Bring this on. As a fan of iron snout let's do a beta do I can help you with some suggestions.

This game is right up my alley!!!

Billy

5. SnoutUP

SnoutUP Well-Known Member

Thank you, guys! When the game will be available on Testflight I'll definitely let you know. For now it has a HTML5 version, but I'm having issues to make it work well on mobile iOS devices (something is wrong with scaling), but it should work fine in desktop browser to get a taste of what it's going to be.

It might take a while to get to full release, because I currently have some work projects to deal with and a want to release an experiment game first (which might be fun too!).

6. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Having had some time to play with the demo, this game is shaping up to be something special

7. Rohan Narang

Rohan Narang New Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I think this is a really neat prototype you have here. I like how you've mapped the hold and tap inputs to the attack and block actions. It did take a little time to get used to, but I cannot think of a better way to make things work. I also imagine this working better on a touch screen.

If I had to throw out some suggestions without having to worry about how good or bad they are; Maybe put in a storyline, complete with NPCs and different areas? Some boss battles? Maybe tapping left/right of the character turns it to face and move/attack/block in that direction? The last bit may even allow you to create battle scenarios with multiple enemies, although at the expense of the simplicity the game enjoys now.

I'd love to see where you take this game design-wise! :)