Universal rainblocks: A fast puzzle game in the rain

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by revenantkioku, Jun 4, 2014.

1. revenantkioku

revenantkioku New Member

May 28, 2014

Hi! Name's Eric and I'd like to tell you about my upcoming puzzle game, rainblocks.

What?
    rainblocks is an arcade puzzle game where your goal is to match color blocks. But you can only match one color at a time.

Huh?

Remember ROY G. BIV?

Match Red. Then Orange. Then Yellow. Green. Blue. Indigo. Violet. Repeat.
    If you set up the board so the next colors are already lined up, you'll make combos and score more points. The blocks never clear, they just change color after being matched.

The timer is constantly ticking and you'll have to avoid ice, mud and other hazards while trying to make as many matches as you can before the sun sets on this charming little shrine.

Who?
    Designed by Eric Koziol (Me. I made subaku and run the Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta.)
    Art by Dominik Johann (http://dominikjohann.de)
    Music by Manami Matsumae (Mega Man, Shovel Knight, Mighty No. 9)

How much?
    rainblocks is free. There are ads but you can remove them and unlock starting difficulty selection for $0.99. That is the only In-App Purchase. No energy, no coins. Play as much as you want any time of day. Free with ads or a dollar for no ads.

When?
    Thursday, June 12, 2014

But! I have a few codes to give out. Let me know if you are interested in trying it early! If you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear them.

Where?
    iPhones and iPads running iOS 7.
    Homepage: http://letsplaying.com/rainblocks

[​IMG]

It was a blast to make and I hope you'll check it out. (I live in Japan so time zones are a bit funky compared to most of you. I'll keep checking this thread and send out a few codes when I am able!)

2. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Looks really interesting! I love puzzlers. I'd love to try it out if you still have codes to distribute.

3. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I dig the pixel artwork. I'm definitely interested and thanks for the offer of some early codes. I'd like one if you have any to spare. I'll post some initial impressions in return.

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks for the code. Apparently, I'm having problems with understanding game mechanics today...

When I pair some tiles together they disappear. When I pair other similar tiles together, they don't. Please help me differentiate what moves constitute tile removal and which don't.

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I love puzzles and this one looks unique. If you have any promo codes left I would love to have one.

6. revenantkioku

revenantkioku New Member

May 28, 2014
    Thanks for giving it a try!

On the top of the screen it says "match" and there is a block. That is the one to match and the only one that will match. Once you match Red it will change to Orange, then Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. Then Red again.

So if Orange is lined up and your goal is to match Red, they will not match. But if you match Red while Orange is lined up, Red will match and then Orange will also match. The next block to match will then be Yellow.

Let me know if this helps!

7. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    #7 fiskadoro, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    Look forward to trying this one as I love puzzlers and matching games.

Thanks!