Could someone recommend a game...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by apauloisdead, Sep 23, 2010.

1. apauloisdead

apauloisdead Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I'm looking for a game I can play a few minutes at a time. I work the scales at our local dump, and although I stay fairly busy, I always find myself having a few minutes here and there to play around with my phone.

I'm not really concerned about the price. I really enjoy turn-based rpgs and strategy games. I also like something really customizable. Baseball Superstars seems really cool, but it doesn't support fast app switching like i'd like it to, and I'd probably be better off waiting tell the '11 game comes out.

I've read tons of reviews and such, but I figured asking here would be my best bet.

..and thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this!

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    My favorite minute-to-waste games:

Monster Dash
    Doodle Jump
    Ninjump
    Run!
    Super Juicy
    Traffic Rush
    Action Buggy
    Fastball and Fastball 2
    Piyo Blocks and Piyo Blocks 2
    Zombie Hero
    Bouncedown
    Axe in Face
    Veggie Samurai/Fruit Ninja

Hope that helps!

3. mrholder

mrholder Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    It's not turned based, but Across Age is a Zelda like rpg that I've been playing. You can play for short periods of time if you want. Angry Birds and Doodle Jump are on my home screen. Perfect for short plays. Welcome to TA.

4. apauloisdead

apauloisdead Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Thanks for the speedy replies! Across Age looks good, I'll definitely check it out. I'm trying to avoid high score games, as they're not really the type of game I enjoy. I've purchased both Doodle Jump and Angry Birds, neither get much play time.

Games I've considered are the Gamevil sport games, Civ, Sim City, and The Sims. I'm sure there's a ton of games I've overlooked though.

5. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
  6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #6 Cilo, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    Solomon's Keep is a great lil Gauntlet clone, and the endless mode version Solomon's Boneyard is free right now. I also can't stop playing Super Mega Worm, yes it's another high score title, but the retro graphics are awesome - also once you get a hang of the mechanics, it's nonstop chaos!

Oh as far as Gamevil, I used to be addicted to the baseball one, it's like homerun derby/jrpg/anime - and the latest version has tons of options for different types of play. For example if you want just a quick burst game, or develop your own team, or follow the career of a player, it's all there.

7. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Canabalt
    Tap Tap

8. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    Next time put this in the mass what should I get thread... And try virtual city, it's better than sim city

9. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I picked up Plunderland a few days ago, and I'm really liking it! It's definitely a great game to play for a few minutes at a time.