Are there any games as art games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by brof, Oct 28, 2009.

1. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    #1 brof, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    Hi forum,

I am looking for new gaming experiences here :)

let's start a list with games which try to have some artistic meaning or try to convey meaning, emotion etc... or do things differently

I know that the Jason Rohrer game Passage is in the app store. I think that is the best known art game.

Passage

The critically-acclaimed breakout-hit from art game designer Jason Rohrer. Passage is a tiny, touching, five-minute game…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The critically-acclaimed breakout-hit from art game designer Jason Rohrer. Passage is a tiny, touching, five-minute game about life.

"More than any game I've ever played, it illustrates how a game can be a fantastically expressive, artistic vehicle for exploring the human condition." -- Clive Thompson, Wired

"Passage may look primitive but it's an absolute pinnacle of videogame development." --Andy Chalk, The Escapist

"Portal is a fine game---nothing less than excellent... Passage is even better." --Nick Montfort, MIT

You can read an in-depth profile of Jason Rohrer, along with an extensive discussion of Passage, in Esquire Magazine's December 2008 "Genius" issue.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Strategy
    Release:Dec 19, 2008
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Spider by Randy Smith is doing some interesting things with exploring an old house ...

there is that creepy audio game with a house, but I don't remember the name. But I think it is a candidate...

if you stumble upon an "art" game, share it here!

2. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    #2 brof, Oct 28, 2009
    Ian Bogost - Guru Meditation

that is a game using Atari VCS style graphics.

Guru Meditation

"Achieve Mobile Enlightenment With Guru Meditation"
    --G4 TV

"If you want to relax but just c…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Achieve Mobile Enlightenment With Guru Meditation"
    --G4 TV

"If you want to relax but just can’t seem to break away from your iPhone, Guru Meditation could be just the app you need."
    --Weekly App Store Pick, the Apple Blog

"The lines between handheld, retro and next-gen gaming have never been so blurred, and hats must go off to Ian for accomplishing such an unusual and ambitious project as Guru Meditation."
    --iPhone Otaku

Guru Meditation is a relaxation game. Unlike most videogames, it is played through a lack of interaction rather than an abundance of it.

The game is an iPhone port of my Atari 2600 game of the same name, itself an homage to the folkloric game played by Amiga OS developers on a Joyboard peripheral, circa 1982.

(A numbered limited edition of 10 for Atari is also available, with Atari console, Joyboard and yoga mat -- see website below.)

To start, tap the bouncing iPhone icon on the title screen. The game requires that you hold your iPhone or iPod Touch as still as possible. A screen will help you orient your device: place your thumbs on the bottom corners of the display, hold the device parallel to the floor, and insure that the noise level around you is kept to a minimum (microphone input on iPhone only).

Once the input requirements are met, a yogi will appear. The yogi slowly rises if you remain properly situated. After a few moments, he will float gently and the timer will start. Remain calm and focused.

Time passes subtly during the game. Clouds move. The time of day changes, roughly every hour, from day to dusk to night to dawn. You can select a different starting time of day by waiting to choose a starting point on the title screen.

If you move or a sound disrupts you, the yogi will fall and the game will end. Touch the screen to see your recorded time for this session, as well as your average meditation time across all sessions. You might consider setting a meditation target for yourself each day, and using the average score display as a way to track your goals.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Apr 07, 2009
    Version:

very interesting concept ... I like the fact that it looks like an Atari 2600 game.

3. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    #3 brof, Oct 28, 2009
    is the appinfo tag working? How do I do it?

4. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    zen bound - boring as tears, but artistic
    inkvaders - love the paper art style of the game
    Z is for Zombie - some of the best doodle art I've seen in quite awhile

5. #5 phoenixreanimation, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    You should try FancyStacker,It's Art style.
    Here is the link for more information:

A FancyStacker

FancyStacker is featured in the "what we're pla…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    FancyStacker is featured in the "what we're playing" section!

Another Topple this is not. The closest I think it comes to is Stacked. The BIG difference though is that while you are given an ordered set of shapes to drop and balance, the order in which they appear is not necessarily the proper way to complete the level. For instance in one of the earlier levels you get a triangle and then a long plank. But the only way to get them to balance is to get the long plank UNDER the triangle - so you have to drop the triangle from high on the screen, get the plank and quickly drop that one so that the triangle lands on it - reversing the order. Then there is a level with balls rolling down a ramp and a spinny thing at the end. Now to prevent the little balls from falling down you need to get one of the last shapes offered on the spinny thing before all the little balls. So as you can see the game takes quite a bit more planning and manipulation than the other stacking type games.

Review form http://www.toucharcade.com/
    By New England Gamer
    Please read this:

Controls
    When you touch the screen, a shape will auto catch,you need not to grab it.
    Move the shape into the desired position and release your finger to let it go.

Tips
    Position your shapes carefully; if you place one over another it will pop out of it an into the closest available space, but will cause a small piece of havoc in the process.

What's new in next version:
    1.Redesign some levels.
    2.Add training section.
    3.Once you type your name need not type it again when submit scores.

Email:[email protected]

Please fellow us on:http://twitter.com/reanimation2009

Want a walk through?This is 1-10level on Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0QA6jiA0-c
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Family, Kids, Puzzle
    Release:Nov 05, 2009
    Version:
    User Rating: (2)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=26947&highlight=fancystacker

6. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Zen Bound is really an great example for an art game. I would not call it boring, except if someone would find it boring to go to a museum and look at a painting.

What I love about the game is the spatial feeling you get when you touch, rotate, stringing the object. Really great!

here we go :D

Zen Bound™

Zen Bound™ is a calm and meditative puzzle game about wrapping wooden sculptures with rope. A game in which a high score…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Zen Bound™ is a calm and meditative puzzle game about wrapping wooden sculptures with rope. A game in which a high score is not the goal - instead it is something to focus on and enjoy at your own relaxed pace.

It is a tactile experience: a game of wood, stone and rope with the most beautiful graphics yet seen on the iPhone. The visuals complement the controls to provide interaction that feels natural and comfortable.

A major element of the game is the unique, dusty and soothing down-tempo soundtrack designed and composed by 'Ghost Monkey'. It features binaural processing that creates an enveloping soundscape when headphones are used.

Zen Bound™ is different - an alternative and subtle gaming experience that is difficult to describe. But in its own small way, it defines what gaming on the iPhone can be.

FEATURES:
    - The most beautiful graphics yet seen on the iPhone - 3D models that almost feel 'tangible' in your hand.
    - Intuitive and natural multi-touch controls (tilt supported)
    - 76 levels included (Tree of Reflection, Tree of Challenge, Tree of Nostalgia)
    - A captivating 22-minute downtempo soundtrack from 'Ghost Monkey'
    - Game soundtrack 'Bound' available as a free download to all customers in uncompromising 320kbit MP3 quality
    - Touch the 'Secret Exit' button in the main menu to download the free soundtrack.

See the gameplay video at: zenbound.com

For the latest news, please follow us: www.twitter.com/chillingo

Also available from Secret Exit:
    SPiN - Super Shape Puzzle
    *BEST PUZZLE GAME of 2008*-IGN Wireless Awards

Zen Bound™ is developed by Secret Exit and published by Chillingo Ltd

Here are some outstanding reviews:

*EXCELLENCE IN 3D*
    IMGA (International Mobile Gaming) Awards winner 2009

*BEST iPHONE GAME* & *AUDIO ACHIEVEMENT* Double finalist in IGF Mobile 2009
    IGF (Independent Games Festival)

“This is one of the best games you can buy for your iPhone - I recommend Zen Bound to each and every iPhone gamer.”– Incredible, 9.5/10 -ign

“Editors Choice 5 stars - An amazing puzzle game that was designed purely for the iPhone.” -MacWorld

“Zen Bound is an interactive poem which organically ties together contemplative gameplay and beautiful presentation” 10/10 Platinum Award - Pocketgamer
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Puzzle
    Release:Jul 23, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating: (1)

7. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    inkvaders.. hm.. okay, it looks like a comic strip and plays like a standard sidescroller... I think it is a good game/toy, but does it really convey other emotions than fun?

I think 99% of all games do target fun as the main purpose (rightfully so), but I am interested in that 1 % which have a different agenda/theme like Passage, Zen Bound, Guru... where fun is not the main thing...

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    OK, you can count me in that category...yeah, I have zero interest in going to a museum to look at paintings. You would have to pay me to go and then buy me a nice dinner afterwards.

hmmm, games that try to convey other emotions...that is a tough one

iChainLife is a simple chain reaction game, but each subsequent explosion causes a note on a piano to be played and you can create interesting sounding tunes just from the randomness.

Volcano Planet - you must suppress volcanic gases on an asteroid, but each volcano has it's own tone. Once you've lost, the game plays the song you've composed during the course of the game.

9. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    #9 brof, Oct 28, 2009

iChainLife

September 16th,New features:
    1.Fix crash bug
    2.Fix high…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    September 16th,New features:
    1.Fix crash bug
    2.Fix high score server access issue
    3.Intergrated with OpenFeint service.
    New features:
    1. Significant performance improvement.No lag when any number balls appear in the screen simultaneously.
    2. Online leaderboards,you can compete with users all around the world.
    3. Visual effect enhancement.

iChainLife will be a very popular game, the aim of the game is to explode a set number of flying balls by setting off a chain reaction. The bigger the chain reaction, the bigger your score.

There are 12 levels to work through, and each level gets progressively harder with more balls flying around and more balls you need to explode.

Most people seem to begin by doing exactly what is needed to complete the level – i.e. explode n number of balls. This is simple enough, but will never get you the big scores.

To obtain a high score on iChainLife, you need to set off a big chain reaction in sequence, and you want to explode 90-100% of the balls on the screen as close to one after another as you can possibly manage. You will find that by doing this, each explosion is worth more and more points and once you get up to the biggest sequential chain reactions, each ball can be worth millions of points.

Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Sep 15, 2009
    Version:

reminds me of Bloom by Brian Eno (which I own since Day 1 :) ) Bloom is really relaxing. The sounds/music is really unique to Eno. And it is interactive! Technically, I would not call it a game since there are no rules, no goals, no progress etc...

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

p.s. thanks Mod, this place for the thread feels much more appropriate. I was worried it could get buried in the other thread... didn't notice that the other thread is only for releases... sorry

10. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    #10 brof, Oct 28, 2009
    yeah, that's the kind of experience I am looking for, but in the interactive medium or game space (if you want).

There is really some good work of game art to be found here!
    Still very niche though...

btw: a lot of people go to the museum... what else do you do if you travel to a foreign country...? you go to a museum and get bored :)

11. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Zen Bound and this Chinese Calligraphy and watercolour game are the only games I can think of.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

And I'm surprised Brof didn't plug his own game (which I would consider artistic)

Avoid Hitting Piano

Beethoven in Vienna, 1826. Running and jumping. He was a bit late delivering the musical score for his most recent strin…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Beethoven in Vienna, 1826. Running and jumping. He was a bit late delivering the musical score for his most recent string quartet, opus 131 in c sharp minor.

In this highspeed tour-de-force you play as Beethoven in the fastest iphone/ipod game ever. The music is going faster and faster as you progress in the game.

Your high score will be saved locally.

New music, composers and features are being prepared on a regular basis.

To get the most out of the game, we would recommend using headphones.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Music
    Release:Feb 04, 2010
    Version:

Jounce

Full version FREE til 3/29/2010 to celebrate PAX East.

Jounce is a nearly infinite Music Puzzle Game, featuring…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Full version FREE til 3/29/2010 to celebrate PAX East.

Jounce is a nearly infinite Music Puzzle Game, featuring over 32000 music generating levels and Open Feint support. Read on, as I try to find a way to explain it in text.

First off, the most requested feature, deleting Bouncers, is in the next update which is currently going through our final QA and will be submitted soon (yes, I do listen, I'm just a bit slow at times)

So what is Jounce? It is the result of my boredom. More specifically, it is a Musical Puzzle Game, so let's call it an MPG (yay, new acronym!) Balls fall from above, and you place bouncers with a flick of your finger to direct them around obstacles towards the goal somewhere along the bottom. Technically, there's no music in Jounce though. So where does the M in MPG come from? Each time a ball hits a bouncer, it plays a sound, there are about 2 octaves worth of sounds the bouncers select from when you create them, so you end up with this cool generative music thing going on.

If you've bothered to read this far, I guess that means you're probably at least somewhat interested in Jounce, so if you haven't yet, why not go ahead and buy it now? I'll wait till you're done to continue...ready? Ok.

I don't care for games that have you trying for the fewest moves, because that puts a hard cap on just how good you can be. With Jounce, I took the opposite tack: each bounce increases a balls value by one point, so to really rack up a high score, besides getting the balls to reach the goal, you have to make them bounce. A Lot. Like an entire room full of kids on a massive sugar high.

The controls are pretty simple: Just tap and drag to place a bouncer. Want to remove a bouncer? Now you can! Just tap on one once to select it (turns red) then tap again to remove it. Tapping or dragging anywhere else will unselect it.

Oh yea, there are just over 32,000 levels...so let's see <mumbles to self...carry the one...> that's somewhere around 1000 hours of play time if you wanted to play every single level, just one time (you'll get a shiny Open Feint Achievement if you actually manage to do this!).

I want to improve Jounce even further - I think multiplayer could be quite fun in it, and I'd like to try some other stuff out like a music creator mode, and maybe a more structured arcade mode. But I admit, I tend to be far more productive when it appears ya'll are playing jounce, and the easiest indicator I have of that, is the number of downloads it gets. So please, get everyone you know to purchase Jounce, and help me be productive!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Family, Puzzle
    Release:Dec 28, 2009
    Version:

Lilt Line perhaps: (followed by a few music games)

lilt line

different cloth
    lilt line is a massively single player astral flight simulator with a dubstep flavour! ~~~~~~~~~~features~~~~~~~~~~ ~ …
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    lilt line is a massively single player astral flight simulator with a dubstep flavour! ~~~~~~~~~~features~~~~~~~~~~ ~ igf mobile audio achievement award winning! ~ fourteen levels of hack'n'slash musical mayhem! ~ fluid, innovative sub~orbital control mechanism! ~ genuinely filthy dubstep provided by 16bit! ~~~~~~~~~~opinion~~~~~~~~~~ "simply wonderful. get it!" ~ creativeapplications.net "clever, colourful and mimimalist" ~ edge magazine "delivers a refreshing concept that I love" ~ toucharcade.com "a game like no other on the app store right now" ~ iphonegamenetwork.com "lilt line will open your ears and eyes to the future of musical games" ~ appcraver.com "one of the most original games to hit the app store so far and is highly recommended" ~ theappleblog.com "merges gradient splattered levels, twisted paths and dubstep music to create an addictive package" ~ weplayiphone.com "a musical experience that really activates more than just your hearing and wraps every part of you around the sometimes chaotic beats of the music" ~ appvee.com "a brilliant representation of interactive dubstep" ~ dopecool.com ~~~~~~~~~~trailer~~~~~~~~~~ check it out at liltline.com ~~~~~~~~~~summary~~~~~~~~~~ don't delay, get your slice of emergent synaesthetic role-playing stealth action today!
    Information
    Seller:different cloth
    Genre:Action, Music
    Release:Apr 27, 2009
    Updated:Sep 27, 2017
    Version:1.5
    Size:125.0 MB

Poppi

Check out Poppi Lite for a flavour of what Poppi has to offer.

The Shapes are invading!

Welcome to Pop…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Check out Poppi Lite for a flavour of what Poppi has to offer.

The Shapes are invading!

Welcome to Poppi, a game of quick reflexes and joyous screen tapping. The aim is to stop the falling shapes from reaching the bottom of the screen. Tap the screen with your fingertip to deflect the shapes into each other to clear them. A unique blend of colour matching and finger juggling action, with a slice of billiards!

Pop your way through waves of shapes with unique behaviours. Colourful rings and flowers, Heavy metal lumps and zippy light bubbles. Destroyable bricks and a wrecking ball. Its not all nice stuff though... Avoid pushing the shapes into spiky mines and don't tap your finger near those bombs!

Features:

- Silky smooth unique gameplay provides for an incredibly tactile experience.

- Colourful sharp visuals, played against a soothing backdrop of animated colours and patterns.

- Like wind chimes, the sounds of strange melodies emerge as you interact with the shapes.

- Different skins to choose.

- The stress less simplicity of having only one game mode to play!

Poppi is the latest piece of fun from PomPom Games, independent creators of videogame loveliness. We hope you enjoy our game as much as we do.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Jul 15, 2009
    Version:

Bopple

"Combines the attentiveness of a match-3 and the quick thinking of a Tetris with the musical beats of a Tap Tap Rev…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Combines the attentiveness of a match-3 and the quick thinking of a Tetris with the musical beats of a Tap Tap Revenge."

"Accelerometer controlled, Bopple can be played in any position because the marbles move around just like real marbles inside a box. With auto-flip functionality, you can even shake the device to scramble them and re-orient your device accordingly. In addition, the marble physics seem spot on and realistic with some nice sound effects as marbles hit each other (think Skittles bouncing off each other)."

"The more I played this, the more it just became more of a relaxing experience."

"the challenge will keep you engaged, but the music will keep you addicted and wanting more."

"The music in Bopple and how notes are incorporated into the individual marbles really sets it apart. The soundtracks vary from jazz to blues, and the polish of the game is very evident from the menu screens"

"deliver some terrific gameplay."

[Big Albie - Touch Arcade Reviewer]

"Interactive Fan are showing themselves to be an eminently capable team that design polished, entertaining games that make an effort to innovate in ways that aren’t just for the sake of being different. Sick as most of you probably are of matching games, you may want to take a good look at Bopple."

[Eric March - Frapstr.com]

There are NO LOADING TIMES, just START PLAYING IN NO TIME.

TAP ONLY ONCE the screen to listen to the melodies your marbles play or DOUBLE TAP to skip the music and speed the game.

Videos at: www.youtube.com/interactivefan

Get a higher score!
    -Explode longer chains of balls to get a higher score.
    -If you clear the screen of marbles you will double your score.
    -If there is a marble with two notes in a chain, you will get two times the score.
    -If there is a marble with three notes, three times the score.
    -If you combine a marble with two and a marble with three notes in the same chain you will get six times the score!

Also from Interactive Fan:
    - Fan Caps
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Music, Puzzle
    Release:Jul 18, 2009
    Version:
    User Rating: (2)

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Forgot one

LuckyBulb

DOWNLOADED over 3 MILLION times.

★★★★★

IQ test takes up to two hours, but it doesn't give one an answe…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    DOWNLOADED over 3 MILLION times.

★★★★★

IQ test takes up to two hours, but it doesn't give one an answer to the main question whether it helps one ultimately realize oneself.
    Smart is not the same as lucky!
    This program measures your luck in an instant, since your whole future may depend on being lucky.

Press the right bulb relying on your luckiness.
    You choose the rules of the game: it is up to you how many bulbs you guess from and how many steps it takes. If you consider yourself to be lucky - try the total mode and guess the right bulb until the first loss.
    Develop your insight everywhere, whenever you like, no matter how long it takes.

Planned future add-ons:
    ✓Online statistics.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Dice, Trivia
    Release:Jul 18, 2009
    Version:

14. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    #14 brof, Oct 28, 2009
    do you have the name of this chinese calligraphy game? That sounds interesting...?

15. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    #15 brof, Oct 28, 2009
    here is another game. 5 Minutes to kill yourself.

5 Minutes to Kill (Yourself): Reloaded

ALL NEW!
    • The Adult Swim Games classic, now bigger and better
    • Lots more rooms and more ways to do yourself i…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ALL NEW!
    • The Adult Swim Games classic, now bigger and better
    • Lots more rooms and more ways to do yourself in
    • OpenFeint leaderboards

Put the "dead" into your dead-end job by committing career suicide...literally. You've only got five minutes before your next pointless meeting, and it looks like death is the only way out.

Inflict undue bodily harm upon yourself with all the objects in your environment. Paper cutters, microwave ovens, and even copy machines suddenly adopt new and extremely hazardous uses. Slam your head in a car trunk. Impale yourself with an umbrella. Even interact with your coworkers and inspire them to beat the life out of you.

Anything to get out of that dumb meeting.

Five Minutes to Kill (Yourself) is an updated and expanded version of the original game, with loads more content and many more rooms to explore.

Help us address crashes by sending what happened, what device/iOS version you're on to [email protected]. Thank you!

Privacy Policy: http://www.adultswim.com/privacy/index.html
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Oct 23, 2009
    Version:

It has kind of an interesting concept. But the game feels somehow shallow even with this kind of heavy subject matter. The problem is here that the creators seem not want to start a meaningful conversation with the player, the story does not evolve... Is it art? Yeah, but not great art :rolleyes:

to come back to the beginning of the thread. I think almost all of games want to sell something that is fun in exchange for money. That is great if you are out to produce a game or toy. Nothing wrong here. Some games out there seek something else... (some are mentioned in this thread)

If you think of art in a different context like books, paintings, cinema, music, architecture, sculptures. They don't try to sell fun. They are more concerned with craftsmanship, legacy, history, context, zeitgeist, truth, emotions other than joy/fun. ...

In this art context I would count following games:

Passage
    Zen Bound
    Bloom
    Guru Meditation
    Volcano Planet (?)
    iChainLife
    Jounce
    Lilt Line

well, thanks so far... looking forward for new recommendations! Thanks Devilishly Good, phoenixreanimation, Aurora, drelbs

cheers

16. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
  17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Perhaps once there is an official version of Carcassonne released that might count - I know after a long game of Carc it's interesting to sit back and view what had been created during the game - Xeno Sola is a decent Carc clone, but it has a very different graphical style, and isn't quite the same...

[​IMG]

18. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    I like Mr. Bounce, I'm pretty good at it, too:

Mr. Bounce

Old-school arcade gameplay meets pinball physics. Mr. Bounce was one of the first true multi-touch games on the iPhone a…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Old-school arcade gameplay meets pinball physics. Mr. Bounce was one of the first true multi-touch games on the iPhone and iPod touch. We're bringing it back with this new, revamped version.

Use your fingers to control direction, height and speed. The path of the ball is visualised with a trajectory projection.

When you have mastered the skills of basic bouncing, the game will challenge you with walls, bouncers, blockers, pipes and wind!

“Mr Bounce [is] easily entering the list of CAN’s top 10 games this year. Simply wonderful!”
    – CreativeApplications.Net

“… a very musical experience in what is a very challenging but compelling game.”
    – appweek.ly

“Mr. Bounce has an immediately enticing, hip and retro style that suits its knowing gameplay alchemy perfectly.”
    – PocketGamer

Features:
    - 30 unique levels
    - Game Center Leaderboads and Achievements
    – Slowmo feature
    - Multi-Touch controls
    - Different music track for each level
    - Procedural Music Visualizer
    - Left & Right hand controls
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Oct 15, 2009
    Version:

19. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    @drelbs

I thought that was an image from an Carcassonne iphone clone! I was ready to buy, boy now I am disappointed!