Sony unveils PlayStation 4!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Feb 20, 2013.

1. #1 Haruhi, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

2. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Here we go!!!

3. #3 Haruhi, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    [​IMG]
    PlayStation 4 confirmed. Shocker!

4. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    Remote Play!!

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Like WII-U?

6. #6 Haruhi, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    Huh, thread got split. I guess I unintentionally made a new PS4 thread. :p

I'll update OP with my observations as the night goes on.

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    So the next question is...where is the Xbox 720?

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Weird controller. Was hoping they'd make it more like 360 (heavier, better grip, dpad/left stick placement). Not really sure how useful that (barely reachable) touchpad at the Center is going to be....

9. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    Dat Killzone Shadowfall... Damn...

10. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    With remote play for PS4, iTV with airplay on the horizon and whatever Microsoft cooks up it seems like the WiiU wont be breaking any sales records this generation

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Diablo III and Destiny o.o.

12. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Killzone looks good but I'm suspicious Sony hasn't mentioned any form of optical disks, still need to know much more about the system before I commit but the Vita remote play could be really good if they actually implement it this time.

13. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I think I might re-buy Diablo III if I do end up picking up a PS4, I still would like to see what microsoft has to offer.

Another thing i would like to discuss, anyone else think nintendo is going to suffer this console generation even more then the last because of how underpowered the Wii U looks now that we've had a taste of the offerings of a TRUE next generation system? Even though the official specs haven't been announced you can definitely tell this is going to be much more powerful then nintendo's current offering.

Also, have they even shown a picture of the console? Unless i missed it seems only pictures of the controller were shown today..

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Nintendo is already suffering and it will more in the upcoming Months if it comes to the WiiU and to be honest some believe that only the Nintendo 3DS/XL is keeping Nintendo alive because the WiiU clearly isn`t.

I still won`t sell my WiiU since I wanna finally see a new Zelda/Mario Game and till then I will play the older Wii Titles since the current one are...not worth it at all.

Overall it was nice to see all those Games at the Press Conference but I kinda felt sad that Sony still hasn`t shown anything of The Last Guardian.

At least we will hear more about the Console at the upcoming E3 and I`m looking forward to hear how much the Console will go for.

My first guess was around $600 ~ $700 but after seeing today the Parts of it I don`t see it higher priced then $499 with an smaller Model at $399.

15. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I'm guessing it will be no higher than $400, even if it is being sold at a big loss like all console makers they will make their money from games not hardware.

16. I'm starting to update the original post with videos for those of you who missed the stream.

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    No no no no no, I KILL YOU! The PS controller hasn't changed because it works. I don't care if people with fat, sweaty fingers can't get a grip on it, I don't want a big and chunky kids toy as my controller.

The biggest complaints from MS fans about the Sixaxis was always the triggers curving the wrong way and the sticks being slippery. I've never had trouble with either because I did the smart thing and actually tried using them, but regardless, both of those "issues" have been addressed.

18. Wow, wish I could get one. Stuck with my wacky tech demo ipad console system. Doubt that I will buy one, but sure the heck jealous, i want one!

19. No need to buy a PS4 for Diablo III. It's also coming to PS3. :p

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    But then you'll know that the only reason you bought it is 'cause you're too broke to buy the superior version. I can't live with that!