Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. adamreeve

adamreeve Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Student
    Norfolk, England
    I'm 11th. I can't even see your position on the leaderboard...

2. Pocketplanegod97

Pocketplanegod97 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Lmfao well I'm first with 3000+ jobs ;D

3. akpak

akpak Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    I really need the update to hit. I want to de-commission my Birchcraft feeders, but not if they're going to lose the upgrades!

Also, I have starship engine and controls, would trade either (or both) for a SeaKnight. I really want another of those. Also have 2x P-40 warhawk controls available.

4. SilentBump

SilentBump New Member

Jun 13, 2011
    I am also struggling with mystery parts. Only 1 so far, in both the Sea Knight event, and currently the Starship one.

I have tried looking through each airport when it refreshes. Unfortunately, due to the buggy map always opening in the same place (not where I had viewed it last), meaning having to scroll around again to get to the next unchecked city, and the fact I have 20 airports to look through, means that by the time I have finished there is <1 to the next refresh!

Game really needs a way to scroll through the airports in the same way we can scroll through the aircraft

5. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Willing to trade a full P-40 Warhawk for a FULL Tetra-M or P. (No C)

Please be honest with me with this trade. I could really use a Tetra-P or M.

Not a Cargo.
    Not a Cargo,

GC: KitFisto22

6. Pezmage

Pezmage Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
    So just a few general tips that might help you get things more streamlined and profitable:

1. Don't open airports for the sake of opening airports. More airports is not always better. I'm lvl 38 and only have 7 airports open (of a possible 40) with a daily average income of 2,039,813.

2. Try to make sure your airports follow a line or path or plan. Try to make sure your airports all kind of progress from point A to point B. If you have a mashed up web of airports then you get a bunch of different jobs that make more or less that same amount and your planes just end up going all over the place in a very inefficient manner. You say you have "many" airports in N.A., I would imagine it's fairly webby. I would recommend trying to make a route from Seattle or some other northish west coast city to Santiago, then plug in airports in that general path.

3. Don't open airports right next to each other (unless you're feeding!). If you have seattle, don't open portland or spokane. I think most airplanes can go Seattle to San Francisco. Go step by step to Santiago. Then you can start dong the seat-hopping method. Start a plane in the north and fill as many seats to Santiago as possible, then start filling to the next most profitable port along your route. Once you're full, fly to the closest port that you have people for. When they unload, try to fill for Satiago and any other port you have people for. With any luck by the time you get close to Santiago you'll be able to fill the plane completely up with Santiago Bitizens for the bonus and pay off. Then turn around and do it again the other way!

This strategy actually makes slightly more money in general than feeding, so I would recommend doing it until you're higher level and have bigger planes that make feeding viable.

4. Feeding. In feeding you use smaller planes (feeders) to bring bitizens to a father-away airport to "feed" a larger plane. One of my North America to Asia routes goes from New York to Beijing. Servicing this route I have 3 feeder planes, two Aeroeagles and One Sequoia (all M). One Aeroeagle goes from Chicago to New York. In Chicago it picks up bitizens that want to go to Beijing. Once it's full it goes to New York and drops them off as layovers. Then it fills up with as many Chicago people as possible, I generally don't wait for full, and flies back. It does this back and forth forever. My other two planes go from L.A. to New York doing the same thing. Then I have larger planes (Cyclones) that take those Beijing bound bitizens and fly them to Beijing. In Asia I have a similar set up using Tokyo and Shanghai (if you're doing just one route I would recommend Tokyo and Seoul). You use layovers because it ensures that your big planes stay in the air as much as possible. Using this method I have 8 cyclones that can fly pretty much non-stop with a full 25% bonus without any waiting.

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    A cargo item that randomly appears in your airports. It will give you a part of whatever plane is the reward for the global event (currently a starship).

It doesn't generate a profit because it costs so much to fly, speed as well as weight affect the cost of flying.

Yes, based on straight line distance.

8. KitFisto22

Jun 18, 2012
    Really eager so BUMP! :D

9. ChadsterUK

ChadsterUK Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    IT Infrastructure
    Montreal
    I have Tetra M Engine and Body at the moment and need a P-40. Can we do the trade, and as soon as I get the controls I will send them on too?

10. akpak

akpak Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
  11. Anonymous4245

Anonymous4245 Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Anyone interested?
    A whole Huey for a Starship control

GC iD: Anonymous4245

12. Pezmage

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
  13. ChadsterUK

Jul 9, 2012
    IT Infrastructure
    Montreal
    I can do that,GC ID is CHADSTERUK

14. KitFisto22

Jun 18, 2012
  15. Anonymous4245

Anonymous4245 Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Pls accept :D

16. ChadsterUK

Jul 9, 2012
    IT Infrastructure
    Montreal
    Not had a request through yet mate.

17. Pezmage

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
    Guys, take it to PM, please.

18. Anonymous4245

Anonymous4245 Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Somehow GC is kinda late
    But anyways was it all caps? Lol

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I use feeders sort of the opposite way round:
    Smaller planes picking up jobs in Honolulu, San Francisco and Seattle and flying them to L.A. to drop them off as layovers.
    They always fly full, they pick up jobs in this order/priority:
    1. Bux jobs worth 6ish or more bux
    2. Tokyo + Seoul
    3. Beijing
    4. L.A.
    In L.A., they either pick up a full load of either Honolulu, San Francisco or Seattle jobs, for the 25% bonus, then deliver them, or if there are high value bux jobs they will pick these up and take them to San Francisco to store them as layovers.

Aeroeagles and Sequoias then full up with either Tokyo and Seoul jobs, or 100% Beijing jobs, then fly to Beijing where they either deliver them or drop them off as layovers. The same system happens the other end of the route.

20. Pezmage

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
    Yeah I think either way should produce essentially the same end result. I think the way you do it creates a more jumbled layover pool but has less time waiting for feeders to fill, I've had one feeder this morning that just will. not. fill. I've needed one more Shanghai guy and he hasn't shown up in like 4 or 5 new job checks. Which is really gumming up my whole system because I'm ~really~ feeder light at the moment trying to see if it works.

The way I play it borders on OCD and is probably far too structured to be considered fun or a game anymore lol.