iPAD>> mass "what should i get?" thread <<iPAD

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ziotoo4, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ziotoo4

ziotoo4 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Hello everybody! Ziotoo4 here.
    I didn't have any plan of getting an iPad, but i won first place at the "design your case" contest over at a popular review site, and so i have an ipad coming my way.

So...i know i will play mostly my iphone games (pixel-doubled) on it. But, among the huge selection of ipad-only games...what should i get? What are the ipad games that truly stand out of the crowd?

Post it here if you want, so that it can be useful for each and every iPad newcomer.

As a side note, it would be nice to know what iphone games won't work pixel-doubled on the ipad (i.e. red conquest has some issues, i heard) and what games are "universal apps"

Thanks!
    Fede

2. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I don't own an iPad, but I managed to play Zen Bound 2 (i think) on the iPad. I must say, it was a gorgeous, relaxing, fun game. Everyone who enjoyed the original MUST get the iPad version.

3. arturogoga

arturogoga Member

Oct 14, 2009
    hey
    Just got mine yesterday, and so far, the best games i'd consider essential for a complete "iPad experience" are:

Mirror's edge
    Warpgate HD
    Real Racing HD

Scrabble is a lot of fun if you also have a couple of iPhones around.
    And now that Soosiz HD is 0.99, it's a must buy.

4. Flipangle

Flipangle Active Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Plants vs Zombies

I don't generally like tower defense games but this game is SO much fun. Lots of variety and great graphics.

5. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
  6. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    I havnt downloaded many games yet but having fun with Plants vs zombies, Minigore, and chain link HD. They all look beautiful on the iPad.

$10 for PvZ I thought was a little much but the graphics are stunning and the gameplay will keep you busy for hours.

Downloading Geometry Wars maybe tonight. Not a fan of the prices but you gotta pay to play... :(

7. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Mirror's Edge HD.

8. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    What I've enjoyed most so far

Let me preface by stating I'm a fan of more casual games, so that's the context of my list. Here's what I've enjoyed most so far, both games and non-games:

Words with Friends HD - Just like it more than Scrabble, and it's way cheaper.
    Parachute Panic HD - Freaking awesome. The latest update fixed the crashing issues you may see written about in app store reviews. This is a universal app.
    Doodle Bowl Pro - You can pretty quickly and easily unlock about 10 different themes, which is cool.
    Flight Control HD
    Magic Piano (Smule) - A great way to show off the iPad.
    Zombieville USA HD - Looks awesome and they've added some nice, new content.
    Art Studio - great amount of tools and depth for the price.
    Click.clock - I just think it looks awesome. Music controls stink but you can just play your iPad's iPod then run the app.