Tiki Bar

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CalderaStudios, Sep 29, 2009.

1. #1 CalderaStudios, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    Hey, everybody!

I would like to introduce you to our fourth iPhone/iPod touch game. It's called Tiki Bar, and it’s coming soon to the iTunes AppStore.

Slice it! Squeeze it! Shake it! DRINK IT!

Fast drink mixing action, the faster you make drinks the more tips you get. Unique interface with more cool iPhone gestures than you can throw a bottle of rum at - shake, cut, juice, pour, stir, and blending gestures. Original Tiki lounge music. Fabulous art by Emmy Nominated Nate Funaro of Cartoon Network.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More screen shots will be available on our website.

Coming soon... to... http://itunes.com/app/tikibar

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    looks like it could be fun...definitely a clever use of the iphone interface

3. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I'm watching this one closely.
    I like the art and making drinks is unusual :)
    The gestures seems interesting too.

Any idea of price and date for the release?

4. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Are you gonna be able to upgrade things with tips.

5. Mr Crazy-

The idea for now is to wrap this up, and get it into the store. We're on the fence about delaying the release to add unlockables, in lieu of adding them in free updates 'ala PocketGod. What do you think?

Thanks
    Jeff

6. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Well i think you should wrap it up then add unlockables in updates.

7. monteboyd

monteboyd Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great use of the interface and I love the Tiki theme. Hmmm, I feel like a Margarita right now.

8. #9 CalderaStudios, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
    Screen shot blow out!

We'd be curious to hear what you think! And yes, the sugar spoon pours by tilting the phone forward!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. otggamer

otggamer Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Graphics are fantastic, can't wait to see how the gestures work. I've recently been playing MonsterKill and their gestures work pretty well. If you have a lot of possible gestures, I think the key is going to be to have the gesture actions be different enough so that the game doesn't think you are doing one guesture when you are really doing a different one. From my Wii excperieince, that can get frustrating.

10. #11 CalderaStudios, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    "Graphics are fantastic", thanks! Kudos go to Nate for foreground elements and Santino for the background! Marcus gets credit for music, but haven't heard that yet! :)

There are LOTS of gestures. All with helpful hints if you don't know them. Spent a good deal of time making this easy to pickup. Thankfully, there is NO opportunity for the gestures to get confused! So no fear OTGGamer!

11. otggamer

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Any updates on Tiki Bar, I haven't heard any news recently on this eagerly anticipated game?

12. Hey! Thanks for asking. We were shooting for a Holiday season release, but it's looking more like January at this point. We've been working on the worldwide high score system and tuning game play.

Thanks!

13. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    a really interesting idea :)

14. #15 CalderaStudios, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
    There is *huge* momentum in the developer community to release applications quickly. The longer you spend on any one application, the more chance there is of putting yourself out of business.

I've seen quite a few applications get released too early. Your first experience has to be good. We're doing a LOT of usability testing on TikiBar since it has some unique features. I'd also like to see the scoring make sense before people start posting ridiculous scores online!

Thanks
    Jeff

15. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    Wow, I love the artwork! It gets kind of old when devs try to make games with really realistic graphics but fail miserably. I really like the look of this. I also love it when devs take advantage of the ipod touch's interface. I will be keeping my eyes on this one for sure! Congrats!

16. otggamer

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I applaud you...

I find it very frustrating when a dev sends me a game to review and there are obvious and immediate bugs, that should have been fixed BEFORE the app was ever submitted to Apple. Sure, it could be easily fixed with a point release, but one additional week (or even day) of testing would have caught this so it didn't sour my first impression of the game.

It's one thing if you are sending a work in progress or something to beta test and I know that there could/will be bugs, but what you submit to Apple should have been thoroughly tested and ready for prime time!

I think you guys are taking the right approach.

17. jefarmstrong

jefarmstrong Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    This looks cool. I'm keeping an eye on it!

18. AjBlue7

AjBlue7 Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    yes man definitely submit now and updates later, 1. we get to play sooner. 2. you get money sooner

19. sulpherr

sulpherr New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    When will it be available?