"LetterMeister" puzzle game FREE for a promotional period

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by javamex, Feb 29, 2012.

1. javamex

javamex Well-Known Member

#1 javamex, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
    Dear all,

I am offering my new game LetterMeister free for a promotional period in the hope in particular of getting some feedback/ratings on the App Store.

LetterMeister

Neil Coffey
    The language puzzle game for word lovers and language learners, playable with English words, French words, Spanish words…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The language puzzle game for word lovers and language learners, playable with English words, French words, Spanish words or German words. Rearrange the letters in each grid using colour clues to form a set of interlocking words. Customise the game to your desired pace and vocabulary level. Remember to maximise your use of bonus squares while you attempt to beat the clock in later levels. WHAT REVIEWERS HAVE BEEN SAYING: "LetterMeister is super addictive. I would recommend LetterMeister to anyone who likes word or puzzle games." - GizmoCube.com " "Hard to put down once you get started" (App Store) "Great little 'thinking' game ... really enjoying it and can't put it down" (App Store) GAMEPLAY: Each level consists of a "crossword" of interlocking words. However, some of the letters forming these words have been jumbled up. By swapping pairs of letters, you must get all letters back into the right place. As a clue to their correct placement, incorrectly positioned letters are colour-coded: - RED indicates that a letter is in the wrong word - YELLOW indicates that a letter is in the correct word, but in the wrong position (A letter at an intersection may therefore have two colours.) Swap a pair of letters by successively tapping each letter of the pair that you wish to swap. Once the letters have been swapped, their colours will be updated to reflect their new status. Once a letter is moved into its correct position, you have a limited time to move another letter into its correct position in order to be awarded a bonus. Try to beat your record for the longest "chain" of correct letter bonuses. LEVELS Each successive level becomes more difficult, with more words on the board, more letters out of place, along with restrictions on the time available and permitted number of wrong moves. In later levels, also look out for BONUS squares: if the first letter moved to one of these squares is correct, then you will be awarded bonus points. OPTIONS From the OPTIONS screens, you may choose between three vocabulary levels and three time settings depending on your desired difficulty level. JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: Enjoy the game! If you have any questions or feedback, please see the LetterMeister Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/LetterMeister/325504977493417
    Information
    Seller:Neil Coffey
    Genre:Puzzle, Word
    Release:Feb 16, 2012
    Updated:Sep 20, 2017
    Version:3.0
    Size:9.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Please try the game, and if you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating! If you have constructive criticism, please also let me know as I would welcome suggestions for the next update! Many thanks,

Neil

2. Rafnel

Rafnel Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    I gave it 4 stars because it is a really good word game but it doesn't save the level that I got to so maybe level saving could be a new feature. Other than that, really good!

3. javamex

Rafnel --

If you break off a level mid-way through, it won't save where you got to. (Though if you come out of the game and go back in, it should go back to where you were, just as with other iOS apps.)

However, when you *complete* a level, that should be remembered, so that the next time you start a game, you have the option of starting at the last level that you completed.

N

4. Rafnel

Rafnel Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Oh, I see what I did wrong, nevermind then, I'll change my review.

5. Tuilelath

Tuilelath Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Licensed Optician
    Just downloaded and played a few levels. Will leave a favorable review. Thank you for the opportunity to try your game.

Gameplay was smooth and easy to understand, though I wish the letter-swapping animations were faster. I like the game concept, it's pretty original, and I play a lot of word games.

What I didn't like:
    The muddy background.
    I think the letter tiles need to be brighter.
    The splashes of color indicating incorrectly placed letters could be better, perhaps an outline on the tile. Anyone who has a red-green color deficiency in their vision won't be able to see the pale red splash of color. Many men are red-green deficient to some extent...optics is what I do for a living and I see this a lot.

Hope this helps.

6. javamex

Hi -- many thanks for this excellent feedback. The issue of red-green perception has actually been mentioned to me by a couple of other people, and so for the first update I'm actually working on a second colour scheme (the player will be able to select which they prefer). I don't know what you think of the following, which is my plan so far for the new scheme:

[​IMG]

Re the speed of the animations -- in the first couple of levels, they're designed to be quite slow to "start the player off" on a gentle pace. However, by level 5 they should be fairly snappy (a swap takes 2/3 second from level 5 onwards, compared to 1.5 seconds in level 1). I don't know if you've played up to Level 5 yet -- I'd be interested to know if even by then, you still think the swaps are too slow?

As I say, many thanks for this feedback which is definitely very helpful and I hope you enjoy the game!

Neil

7. Tuilelath

Tuilelath Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Licensed Optician
    Hey Neill,
    Thanks for the reply. Checked the speed re: levels, it does get much better.
    On the color issue, I still see mostly reds and greens with touches of yellow. Don't think this will solve the issue above. You might consider blue as a secondary choice or make the second option an outline on the tile, which would solve the problem for those with all levels of color blindness. It doesn't have to be anything that deviates sharply from your design esthetic, perhaps some mild black cross-hatching on the borders of the misplaced tiles.
    I still think the background of the tiles needs to be brighter, as the whole presentation is a bit muddy and dark. Is it possible to give the user options for the background? The one you have currently is very unnattractive and doesn't seem to work with the rest of the design's palette.
    Graphically, I find the look confusing. Are you going for grunge? Retro?

8. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The app store is showing this for $1.99, so I guess the promotion is over.

I am interested in your app and I would like to know if you plan an HD/iPad version?

9. javamex

Promotion still on

Hi -- just to let you know, the promotion is still on. If it wasn't showing up as free in the app store, please check again as it now should be. Please do download and rate/review!

Re HD version -- yes, I'm definitely *considering* this, but it's probably a couple of months away as I want to get some other developments finished first. Of course, if I get a lot of people shouting for the HD version, then I may revise my priorities :)

Anyway, hope you enjoy the game!

Neil

10. javamex

First update in review

Just to mention -- an update to the app with a 'brighter colours' option similar to the above is currently in review. In the 'standard' colour scheme, I've also brightened the tile backgrounds a little and increased the saturation of the red/yellow. A few other commentators who previously had trouble said that they found the 'brighter' option much better. (I confess I personally don't like it as much, but pragmatically it appears that it does help some users, and e.g. one user from Mexico said they preferred the scheme -- there may be some cultural aesthetics at play here!)

However, I've just seen Tuilelath's comments and it's sounding like to please everybody, I will need to include some kind of shape indication as well as the colours. So I'll have a further think/experiment with this...!

Many thanks for all comments so far. If anybody else would like to try the game, the app is STILL FREE for at least the next day or two. If you do try the game, please, please consider leaving a review and rating on the App Store!

Neil

11. Sensei

Sensei Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Teacher, writer
    Japan
    Great game. I gave it 5 stars. But I will also throw my support toward an iPad version (or even better a universal app with cloud saving). Thank you for the game. I will definitely be following this one.

12. javamex

#12 javamex, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    Free again today

Just to let people know that LetterMeister is free again today. If you haven't already checked it out, grab your copy now!

LetterMeister

Neil Coffey
    The language puzzle game for word lovers and language learners, playable with English words, French words, Spanish words…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The language puzzle game for word lovers and language learners, playable with English words, French words, Spanish words or German words. Rearrange the letters in each grid using colour clues to form a set of interlocking words. Customise the game to your desired pace and vocabulary level. Remember to maximise your use of bonus squares while you attempt to beat the clock in later levels. WHAT REVIEWERS HAVE BEEN SAYING: "LetterMeister is super addictive. I would recommend LetterMeister to anyone who likes word or puzzle games." - GizmoCube.com " "Hard to put down once you get started" (App Store) "Great little 'thinking' game ... really enjoying it and can't put it down" (App Store) GAMEPLAY: Each level consists of a "crossword" of interlocking words. However, some of the letters forming these words have been jumbled up. By swapping pairs of letters, you must get all letters back into the right place. As a clue to their correct placement, incorrectly positioned letters are colour-coded: - RED indicates that a letter is in the wrong word - YELLOW indicates that a letter is in the correct word, but in the wrong position (A letter at an intersection may therefore have two colours.) Swap a pair of letters by successively tapping each letter of the pair that you wish to swap. Once the letters have been swapped, their colours will be updated to reflect their new status. Once a letter is moved into its correct position, you have a limited time to move another letter into its correct position in order to be awarded a bonus. Try to beat your record for the longest "chain" of correct letter bonuses. LEVELS Each successive level becomes more difficult, with more words on the board, more letters out of place, along with restrictions on the time available and permitted number of wrong moves. In later levels, also look out for BONUS squares: if the first letter moved to one of these squares is correct, then you will be awarded bonus points. OPTIONS From the OPTIONS screens, you may choose between three vocabulary levels and three time settings depending on your desired difficulty level. JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: Enjoy the game! If you have any questions or feedback, please see the LetterMeister Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/LetterMeister/325504977493417
    Information

As before, if you do try the game then I would be very grateful if you would leave an App Store review/rating. Many thanks to those who have already done so!

Neil

13. javamex

Game now playable in French and Spanish; new promo codes

The latest version of LetterMeister is playable in French and Spanish as well as English, so should suit language learners as well as those who simple like word puzzle games. A couple of additional promo codes are available here:

HRFWMXYTJXRK
    XXMXMMLXFAMJ

Further promo codes, along with a desktop version of the game, are available here:

http://lettermeister.javamex.com/

Enjoy, and feedback always welcome!

Neil

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Took XXMXMMLXFAMJ. Thank you.
    I'm into word games and my device holds plenty. I'll play and rate at the store. Looks to be a nice game too.

15. javamex

Free for another promotional period

LetterMeister is currently free again for a promotional period. Please do take the opportunity to grab yourself a copy if you haven't already!

Since the original release, the game is now playable in French and Spanish in addition to English, with more languages such as German on the way shortly.

Enjoy!

16. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Good to know. Thanks in advance! Recommended! All the animations in the game are cute but they could run much faster (maybe ten times faster). (Tested on iPad 3.)

Your sales are always very short. Please take in mind that the word needs a while for going around that little world. Better less sales but with more hours (48/72 hrs min). Just my honest opinion.

17. javamex

Thanks for your feedback! Just to let you know -- the free offer is going to be on for at least the next couple of days, so do get your friends to take advantage.

Re the animations: they actually do get quicker in later levels. The idea is that they're slow in the first few levels to help you get the hang of what's going on, but they do speed up as the overall pace of the game speeds up as you go through the levels.

However, it is something that a few people have mentioned, so maybe I'll speed up the initial speed, or at least put some kind of message to make it clear. Thanks for your input!

18. javamex

FREE today: LetterMeister puzzle game for iPhone

Don't miss out on this opportunity to grab your free copy of LetterMeister for iPhone!

LetterMeister is an original word puzzle game that combines elements of a crossword/Scrabble layout with the dynamics of code-breaking puzzles.

[​IMG]

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lettermeister/id501188860?mt=8

Please tell friends and consider leaving a rating/review in iTunes or the App Store if you enjoy the game!

LetterMeister

Neil Coffey
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Information

19. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    just bump

free

20. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    First impressions are very good but will give it more time later, I was wondering what dictionary is being used in the English version?