iPad Gridlee: Emulated with MAME4iOS 1.3.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Seleuco, Jan 26, 2013.

1. neoNinja

neoNinja New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Need help on this whole missing files thing sooo Pm Me please??

2. TonyMac

TonyMac Member

Jan 27, 2013
    #242 TonyMac, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    Could someone PM me with help on how to get the SNES/NES roms working? Thanks!

Having some trouble with missing files as well. Almost every game I have added has this problem so far. Any help would be great!

3. iPad_2

iPad_2 Member

Jan 27, 2013
    bios files?? what bios files and are they placed in rom folder?

4. magicplums

magicplums Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Although it gave me the same kind of headache I had 10 years ago, I eventually have fatal fury 2 and samurai showdown working faultlessly.

Currently now working on snes and megadrive.

Never thought I'd be playing mame on my iOS device. I'm not a fan of breaking my devices :)

5. oldvictor

oldvictor Active Member

Feb 23, 2012
    #245 oldvictor, Jan 27, 2013
    WOW!!!

Don't forget your artwork files for anyone who has not noticed this time around...

...it also supports alternative backgrounds as well, look at the two Space Invaders screens.

Accidentally left scan lines on as well as CRT and had to compress files. They look perfect when running, picture quality does not do justice.

Attached Files:

6. stevenc89

stevenc89 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Any kind soul out there can pm me how to get the SNES/NES rom working?

7. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Can you only have 7 games at a time? Can't seem to add more. ROM Title screen doesn't appear to scroll.

8. Smc1978

Smc1978 New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Anyone else get a black screen when trying to run SMB1?

9. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Is there anyone who know how to get "Super Mario Bros. 3" to work? Or where I can download a version that actually works. I know that I need "Playchoice-10" to be able to run NES games, but is it correct that the size is only 37KB?

If someone know how to make any NES game work, I would be so happy to receive a PM or an answer here. :)

10. ExtremeGamer

ExtremeGamer New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Same here. Can get other files to work but no NES/SNES Roms. Please PM me help!! Thanks!,

11. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Most of the ROMS i get come up with the Missing file error, would someone be so kind as to PM me the location of a reliable place to acquire usable ROMS

12. retrofuture

retrofuture Member

Jan 17, 2013
    This is awesome. I found a Mame4ios 1.3 rompack on Google and it had loads of Neo Geo and Capcom games in it. Was about 2tb in 9 parts. Metal Slug 1-5 perfectly emulated on iPad 4 aswell as all the capcom fighters and Mortal Kombat 1-3. Also found things like the original Donkey Kong and Bomb Jack. Every Capcom game upto SF Zero 3 I have tested has worked 100 percent perfectly as has every Neo Geo rom...amazing! :D

13. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

I would like to play Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong using this app on my iPhone 5. Could somebody PM me with instructions? I'm a noob when it comes to this.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hey, what about the speed? Do they work 100%? I'm on an iPhone 4S and Neo Geo games seem to run choppy. Bad Dudes VS Dragon Ninja also runs very choppy. They all ran well in iMAME. Am I the only one experiencing this with old games such as Robocop, Bad Dudes, etc.? The frameskip in 0.139 is around 5 running at 100%, while in 0.37 is in 0 at 100%.

I've read in the help docs that this is normal because MAME 0.139 is much more power-dependant than MAME 0.37. Seleuco also recommends that if the games run well on both versions, you use iMAME (0.37) because it consumes less battery and works smoother.

15. retrofuture

retrofuture Member

Jan 17, 2013
    All the Metal Slugs and Capcom fighers are working 100 percent flawlessly but remember I am using a 64gb iPad 4th Gen which has a 1.4ghz dual core A6X and quad core graphics. Can't comment on older iDevices as I don't own any!

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I have tried to get iPhoneBrowser, iFunBox and iExplorer to work, and none of them do... I can't believe I've wasted 5 hours on trying to get access to my stupid frick'n ipad.

17. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #257 Gwarmaxx, Jan 27, 2013
    hi oldvictor, where can i find skins & backgrounds like those? can you tell me also how do i put them in the app?
    thanks a lot pal

edit: i've just found a link with all backgrounds and have them working...

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks! I guess that since the 4S was the first A5-device, I'm running MAME on the low end segment of the intended processors for it. I guess the problem is this, no more no less. Therefore, to have the emulator run well Neo Geo games, it's clear that you need an iPhone 5 or an iPad 4th gen.

Anyway, Capcom brawlers work perfectly and World Rally and Mille Miglia work great too. This, along with the save states, is perfect for me :D

19. qlpc

qlpc Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Does anyone know how to install a bios?

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    A BIOS is a ROM. As with any other game, copy the ZIP file to the ROMS folder :)