Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I like to think that they would be reasonably happy with its performance so far. It sits 5th most downloaded free game and 30th highest grossing on the Aussie App Store. It's rating is still 3.5.
    Hopefully with a few of the omissions we've mentioned included in the final release we can get the game we were after and the EA fatcats can still go manhunting with diamond bullets in Fiji for Christmas

2. Ahhh, I am looking at you a little strange too!!! Haha

Just got home from going to Santa Monica And Venice Beach. Boy, I really thought I would be playing RR3 by now, but got so busy with stuff this President's day weekend. Yesterday, it was the new year parade in chinatown. Tomorrow, thought I was going to be free, but my friend called and I have to go hang out with him. He just bought an android tablet the nexus 10 over an ipad 4.

Of course against my recommendations. None of my real friends ever seem to listen to me about hardware and games. Another friend awhile back bought a 16 gb ipad, I told him to get 32 gb, sigh, no one ever seems to listen.

So right now I am going through my ipad to clear out disk space like crazy for RR3. Hopefully I will get a chance to install it tomorrow if my friend's visit doesn't last too long.

Ahhhh.... I hatez clearing disk space, delete Asphalt 7 cause it has a tracker? Or cut the rope cause it has icloud? Lili? Wraithbourne? Nfs shift?

Oh, the pain!!!! Hehe

Oh, here's a picture of Santa Monica Beach and pier proud location sets for baywatch. Somehow my sexy bicycle got into the picture too. I like biking especially on my beach cruiser on thr beach bike lanes. Good scenary. :)

Ahh back to work, I'll let you all know what I decide to delete for RR3.

Attached Files:

3. @Connector Backup some of the bigger games that you could install afterwards, delete them, and reinstall them again and put your save game back

Just a little heads up, the game is 1.8GB installed

4. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Just a heads up!

If someone is experiencing trouble in getting on 1st place or get to the required km in Endurance mode,just enter Airplane mode or disconnect from WiFi.Yesterday I was at a place with no internet connection and the requirement for a Endurance race was cleared (previously was 33.1 km - killyb1lly's record :p ) So I could easily beat the preset time.

5. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    IAP fixed?

Some of you commented about making IAP once the game is released offically in your part of the world. I happen to look this morning and noticed that its displaying for me £ not $ so in theoy you wont need to wait for the official app in say the UK store....

6. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I've always had the euro signs in the store and by the looks of it (although I've aborted every single time) I could purchase it while being logged into my Dutch iTunes store account.
    But I haven't taken the risk as people here recommend waiting to purchase IAP once the game is released and downloaded from one's own local AppStore.

7. z1mb0bw4y

z1mb0bw4y Member

Feb 14, 2013
    If you try to make an in-app purchase, your iOS device goes through all the motions of asking you if you want to continue and asks you to put in your password, but then it pops up a message saying that the IAPs can only be purchased from the account that downloaded the app. So if you're an American (like me) without a NZ payment method (also like me), you've got to wait for the worldwide release.

On the topic of the game, I bought myself the McLaren MP4-12C today. That car has an absolutely psychotic acceleration, I just wish the handling could, well, handle it. I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my Audi R8 V10 Coupe, with the Porsche 911 GT3 RS likely to be my next purchase. I'm really hoping I'll be able to save enough coins to make the purchase of the Zonda R bearable, at least for my real wallet. Not sure if that's going to be possible though, I messed around with instant repairs and paint jobs early on and that might come back to bite me in the end.

8. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Ditto to that. KillyBilly has one at 33km and another in Brands Hatch at 41km. I went as far as 37km in Brands Hatch, and my thumb hurt like mad afterwards. I regretted even giving it a go. Airplane it is then :)

Weird thing is, I never won these before. If KBilly won his endurance, why are we seeing his time? It should be GOLD. And if he didnt win with those times...

9. Mister Bump

Mister Bump Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Dunno why anyone would spend any money on gold in this game - airplane mode and clock adjust works a dream...

10. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Once you get your fourth car you won't be doing that anymore. Only initially it helps, a lot.

11. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Just wondering, would anyone be interested in a single lap flyer kind of event? Maybe a TSM exclusive thing? You start one or two corners before the start line, and you go all out. Basically trying to get the best time possible.

I'd love to do this on Southbank and compare times with the peeps. Going through turns two, three and four flat-out is just ball busting.

12. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I've got the Audi and love it. It's funny coz I haven't used it much as I'm always trying to beat GC peeps

13. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    I sure won with those times!
    You don't have to win to see GC friends in the same race afterwards, at least that's what i have experienced.

14. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    But I always thought that if a TSM friend wins an event, you can only go up against him/her if you yourself win the event first. These friends are listed as "gold".

Or does this not apply to endurance races specifically?

15. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Hey guys & gals...

I bought the i5 in preparation for RR3 last Tuesday... Add me on GameCentre!

GC: -K0N3-

As others have mentioned...add #TSMTA

16. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Is there any point to buying the 2nd and 3rd cars in each tier?

I ask this because the way I have been playing is to buy the cheapest car in each tier, just to unlock it but as I get more TSM friends, I see that they seem to be winning with a maxed out 4th car. So, it appears, once you have unlocked a tier, buy the 4th car and then upgrade it to max. Are there any cases where the 2nd and 3rd car are better than the 4th?

17. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    If you want to max out your car upgrade you have to spend gold so you still have to do the levels to get the gold to upgrade your car.

18. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Indeed. In the first few championship classes, just buy the 4th car. I said this right at the start of the thread. No point wasting money buying a lesser car.

As for your question, yes, indeed in the latter championships all 3 or 4 cars can be good. One might have mighty top speed and be necessary to win at Spa or Mt Panaroma, while another could have supreme downforce to win at Tracks like Suzuka and Laguna Seca.

This is where you get headaches. I have got the Audi LMS Ultra, which has monstrous downforce levels, but I cannot win at Mount Panaroma or Indianapolis speedway. Even a full engine upgrade won't help. So you need to be intelligent.

However, if you want to avoid headaches, just play the earlier championships and do yourself a favour by getting the 4th car right from the get go.

PS: You can study this easily by clicking on a championship, then its event and compare all the cars side by side. If you move between 3rd and 4th car and every stat increase, then the 4th is the clear winner. But if you move between 3rd and 4th and the stats fluctuate, then each car will be suited to different tracks.

19. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    IGN has given a brief hands on with RR3. Not a proper review. Just details the frustration of the timers at 1st and how it gets better
    Not sure if this link will work as I'm on my phone

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2013/02/14/heres-what-you-see-when-you-download-real-racing-3-for-free

20. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Racer 007 you are the go to guy for RR3 info without a doubt