Snuggle Truck HD & Snuggle Truck free limited time!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Leslie, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Leslie

Leslie Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Part time editor/reviewer of iOS
    NYC

Snuggle Truck HD

Owlchemy Labs
    Now with over 30,000 free community levels included! Create your own and race, now optimized for Retina! The premiere s…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Now with over 30,000 free community levels included! Create your own and race, now optimized for Retina! The premiere snuggling game :) Featured by PC World, TouchArcade, Kotaku, Joystiq, Penny Arcade, George Lopez Tonight and countless others! Reviews: ***** PocketGamer - Game of the Week "It's bonkers, hilarious, and utterly addictive... A perfect addition to your home screen." ***** SlideToPlay - Must Have 4/4 "Whether you call it Snuggle Truck or Smuggle Truck, this game is an absolute blast." ***** Kotaku Gaming App of the Day ***** Penny Arcade PAX East Boston Indie Showcase Snuggle Truck is an over-the-top physics-based driving game where you must save your cargo full of animals by delivering them to the zoo quickly. Tilt your truck, catch flying animals, avoid TNT, rocket off of cliffs, and blast through hills, caverns, deserts, and forests while trying to keep those animals in the truck! Features: - New recording feature for saving the funniest and most amazing replays. Upload straight to Youtube! (iPhone 4 / iPad 2 and up!) - Bumpy physics gameplay makes for hilarious results -- keep those animals in the truck while bouncing over obstacles and down cliffs. - Optimized for retina with crisp hi-res graphics! - Access to tons new content thanks to community-created levels. - Beautifully hand-painted backgrounds and high resolution graphics crafted by the genius artist of 'Curse of Monkey Island' fame. - Built-in Level Editor - showcase your creative side! Make crazy-fun levels and share them with others. - Rocket boosters, flying animals, backflips, loops, roadkill, moose, TNT, and more! - Game Center leaderboards and achievements - race for the fastest time! - Dynamic medal system rewards multiple gameplay styles. Try to save every passenger or go for the Speed Run and ditch the passengers! Read about the story behind the game at Snuggletruck.com
    Information
    Seller:Owlchemy Labs
    Genre:Arcade, Racing
    Release:Apr 28, 2011
    Updated:May 14, 2014
    Version:1.9.7
    Size:78.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Snuggle Truck

Owlchemy Labs
    Now with over 30,000 free community levels included! Create your own and race, now optimized for Retina! * The premiere…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Now with over 30,000 free community levels included! Create your own and race, now optimized for Retina! * The premiere snuggling game :) * Featured by PC World, TouchArcade, Kotaku, Joystiq, Penny Arcade, George Lopez Tonight and countless others! Reviews: ***** PocketGamer - Game of the Week "It's bonkers, hilarious, and utterly addictive... A perfect addition to your home screen." ***** SlideToPlay - Must Have 4/4 "Whether you call it Snuggle Truck or Smuggle Truck, this game is an absolute blast." ***** Kotaku Gaming App of the Day ***** Penny Arcade PAX East Boston Indie Showcase Snuggle Truck is an over-the-top physics-based driving game where you must save your cargo full of animals by delivering them to the zoo quickly. Tilt your truck, catch flying animals, avoid TNT, rocket off of cliffs, and blast through hills, caverns, deserts, and forests while trying to keep those animals in the truck! Features: - New recording feature for saving the funniest and most amazing replays. Upload straight to Youtube! (iPhone 4 / iPad 2 and up!) - Bumpy physics gameplay makes for hilarious results -- keep those animals in the truck while bouncing over obstacles and down cliffs. - Optimized for the iPhone 5 with crisp hi-res graphics! - Access to tons new content thanks to community-created levels. - Beautifully hand-painted backgrounds and high resolution graphics crafted by the genius artist of 'Curse of Monkey Island' fame. - Built-in Level Editor - showcase your creative side! Make crazy-fun levels and share them with others. - Rocket boosters, flying animals, backflips, loops, roadkill, moose, TNT, and more! - Game Center leaderboards and achievements - race for the fastest time! - Dynamic medal system rewards multiple gameplay styles. Try to save every passenger or go for the Speed Run and ditch the passengers! Read about the story behind the game at Snuggletruck.com
    Information
    Seller:Owlchemy Labs
    Genre:Arcade, Racing
    Release:Apr 28, 2011
    Updated:May 14, 2014
    Version:1.9.7
    Size:74.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (9)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    looks fun! will download!! :)

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    lmao... just bought this last night... =oP

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Random purchase..

5. RagManX

RagManX Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Had this for a while. Fun and funny game. Remember when it was named smuggle truck - bummed they had to change it, but I understand the need.

6. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Not too surprised to see it go free after their 1.6 update. Added a bunch of IAPs (also added some occasional ad popups)...still it's a pretty great game and had been on my wishlist....very well worth downloading for free.

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah... ended up getting an iTunes gift card last night... went through my wish-list and picked up a couple of games that hadn't gone free since release...

Snuggle Truck, DeBlob and Catan...

Oh well... decent game... definitely worth checkin out while it's free. =oP

8. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    IAP's again???

9. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Nothing too bad, unlike some games that add IAPs.There's like a new truck, the 'unlock all levels' one, and a couple more 'support' type ones...

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah... IAPs when done like this... when they're essentially "support the developers" and get a little something in return - is a great way to use the IAP feature.

11. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    oh, one game less from my wishlist...finally free!
    bad luck synteticvoid :p anyway I was close to buy Lara Croft when it was at 2.99$, before the 99cents drop FIUUU lol

12. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Great! Been waiting on this one. I see its still priced out on my wish list but iTunes says its free at this time.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Got this back in August when it was on sale for $.99 and don't regret it. Great game. Still have an on my iPod Touch.

14. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I have this weird little habit of buying cheaper iPhone-only versions at launch for my iPad when a title has me slightly curious and often later on I get a free HD bump, or a cheap one like Contre-Jour @ 99c.

I ain't complainin' :)

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    WOAH. Get it now :D New update with level editor just rocks :d

16. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Question: Are there actually any good user-made levels? I played the '5-star' ones and they were all pretty terrible.

17. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#18 Habakuk, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
    Downloaded. It's really fun and I recommend it.

But maybe I would prefer devs who care more about new levels than about an IAP & iAd system that complicated and ingenious. They must have needed weeks to program that.

Thanks to tA/Jared Nelson for clearing that up (okay mostly of the IAP "features") in such a long article. That's exactly how the devs should explain their IAPs in the main game description in iTunes/App Store. It can't be the job for game reviewers to find that out like a detective. The more complicated those IAPs are becoming the more you have to care about that instead of doing that what you wanted first: playing (and maybe reviewing) games. Or is it some kind of a mini puzzle?

Anyway: Thanks for the free levels. Donate the contributors of well-rated user levels with something. Maybe even pay them.