iCloud Game Sync Issues?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bigsid, Sep 19, 2012.

1. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm having an issue where iCloud game syncing only works for SOME games (e.g. Swordigo, League of Evil) but not others (e.g. Cut the Rope). For games that it does not work, no save data shows up under 'Manage Storage' in the iCloud Settings page on either my iPhone 4/iPad (3rd gen).

I've made sure to enable/disable iCloud syncing multiple times on these games so I know it should be working. My iCloud and Game Center accounts use different email addresses but everything is setup the same on both devices. I have tried switching everything to my iCloud email address but that did not change anything. I've also tried looking for anything obvious in the menus, but Document syncing is enabled and DOES work for some games.

I've seen other people allude to this problem on the forums but I can't seem to find a fix - can anyone help?

2. c4r105

c4r105 Active Member

Apr 3, 2010
    IT
    UK
    I'm surprised you got it to work with swordigo, I never have. For the most part it never works on most games for me. But Slingshot and GOF2 for example always do. GOF2 probably cause you do it manually. I rather games gave you the choice to do it yourself as I'd prefer the control. Anyway, hopefully IOS6 will fix it.

3. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Rayman Jungle Run is another one that works flawlessly, no idea why others don't. Yes, hopefully iOS 6 will fix it.

4. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Well, with an iPhone 5 and iPad running iOS 6, iCloud sync is working for almost every game now! I was hoping this would happen but didn't actually think it would work out! :)