Fleet Air Superiority Tactics?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by somedude445, Jun 14, 2009.

1. somedude445

somedude445 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    hey guys, ive been playing this game for a bit, but i just can't figure out how to effectively dodge missiles without flares. can someone help me out?
    i mean i can dodge them sometimes but its usually just by luck.

BTW anyone who wants to play join the 2v2 room toucharcade :D

2. seyDoggy

seyDoggy Active Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Theme Developer
    Kitchener, Canada
    I love this game, but for such a popular game that has generated the sort of revenue it has, it boggles my mind that SGN doesn't have a forum of it's own for F.A.S.T.

I just want a common, purposeful meeting place to discuss issues, tactics, real FAQ's (not the canned variety on their site), etc... Is there any user-run forums, Google Groups, etc?

I have searched high and low, but sadly "fast" is not the most unique keyword Google has ever seen. Trying to narrow it down to results a little deeper then press-releases has been difficult.

Any group/forum/community suggestions would be appreciated.

tnx

3. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    if you have 1400+ you can join the sgarrista air brigade. go to quick links, social groups, sgarrista air brigade. make sure you meet our requirements. 1400+, no b2

4. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #4 Frumius, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    Here is a better F.A.S.T. forum thread that is extremely active:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=15128&page=102

As for dodging missiles, I have no surefire way to without flares. You can shake them when you and your opponent are in a tight spiral together, otherwise... You will prolly dieeeeeeeee! Except if I'm going head-on with missiles, sometimes a quick movement at the right moment will have them shoot past, it seems like. The other day this guy kept going behind mountains; the missiles take the short line to target and hit the mountains. Can't always do that, though, can you?

The only sure way to avoid too many missiles is to keel first.

Go check out that forum thread I mentioned above. It's extremely long, but just dive in a the end.

And YES, SGN needs to provide forums. Our Sgarrista Air Brigade has submitted a long list of possible features for SGN to consider, and that was certainly one of 'em.