Change THPS2 music to what YOU want!! and iPad Jailbrea?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iphoneprogrammer, Apr 2, 2010.

1. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I found a way to replace the original tracks in THPS2 with songs from my iTunes Library. It requires you to have OpenSSH installed on your iDevice and a SSH client installed on your computer. First off ssh into your device, then navigate your way to private/var/stash/applications. In this folder you will see a bunch of subfolders with a mixture of letters and numbers. Search threw these until you find THPS2.app. Once you have located THPS2.app open it up. Inside you should see 8 files named Song01.mp3, Song02.mp3, so on and so forth. Make sure you make a back up of those 8 mp3 files in case you wish to get the original songs back. Now, pick 8 songs from your iTunes library. Make a duplicate of all of them and then rename all of them, so that they read Song01.mp3, Song2.mp2, Song03.mp3, Song04.mp3, Song05.mp3, Song06.mp3, Song07.mp3, and finally Song08.mp3. After you have renamed your Itunes library songs drag all of them into the THPS2 folder. Your SSH client should ask if you want to replace SongXX.mp3 with SongXX.mp3. Click yes. After that respring your iPhone and open up the game. Enjoy your new songs for THPS2!!

If you have any problems PM me and ill help you out as best I can.

And in a unrelated matter take a look at this picture for me.

http://toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/wwf_ipad_screent03.png

Now if you look in the top right hand corner of this picture, to the right of the iPad status bar battery you will see a 100% image. Now im pretty sure that the status bar power % indicator is for jailbroken idevices only. All the iPad screenshots on the Apple website do not have a % battery life indicator on their devices, so that leaves one question....is there already a jailbreak for the iPad? If you could enlighten me on why there is a 100% image next to the status bar icon i would greatly appreciate it!!

Please post your comments and responses!! I want to know what you think!!

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    No, iPhone 3GS's can get the battery % icon without being jailbroken. I'm assuming the iPad can do it to without jailbreaking. It's just a setting. There is no iPad jailbreak.

However, Geohot has announced that his jailbreak *should* work for iPads but he has no idea yet. We have to wait until people get iPads before they can test out jailbreaks and if they work or not.

3. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    ah well then cool....however if that was a feature that the iPad has why would there be any screeshots of it on Apple.com? The only place where i have seen this battery level indicator was on toucharcade. And trust me ive looked at tons of screens of the iPad lol.

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Look at screenshots of iPhone 3GS's on apple.com, they don't show it there either.

5. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Here's a better question: why the hell does a game like THPS2 not allow you to play your own music natively anyway?

I'm now really wishing Apple would add a global option which would prevent all apps from disabling the music you're listening to and playing their own. Maybe make that 2 options: "disable app music", which would block plaback of MP3, AAC and OGG files as well as preventing access to the music player app, and "disable app sound" which would block all application audio, period.

6. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    You have to remember this is taken from an iPad simulator as 98% of developers don't have real units yet.. It's probably just something from the software.. No Jailbreak solution will come that fast :)

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I've heard that the battery percentage and showing your available RAM in the status bar are features that are actually built in to the OS, Apple just disables them for some reason. All the JB does is allow you to enable it. I'd guess that with 4.0 those features may show up as regular options, but who knows. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be, but then again it's Apple.

As for switching songs in THPS2, I'm going to have to try that, thanks. It's definitely stupid that you can't play your own music already. Having 8 of my own songs will be better than silence. I really dislike the soundtrack.