Gonna announce my game soon. I'm all nervous. Is my trailer ok?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Wizardo, Apr 1, 2013.

1. jlptn1

jlptn1 Member

Oct 21, 2012
    I like that the game has a well defined art style! I hope it does well.

About the trailer: after the initial text explanations, I expected more text to come, so felt a bit lost as the many random gameplay scenes appeared. I think your plan to make it shorter is a good, but just note that you could still give the random scenes segment more direction by grouping them into themes and making a little caption that explains a game element (e.g. the ending scenes are about love so you can make the caption "and unrequited love" before cutting to them.) Just a thought.

2. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I think the music is great! When are you going to release

3. Wizardo

Wizardo Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Starving indie developer
    New Jersey!
    :) Blushes.

Yup. You got what I was going for, but I was being too mysterious, and it could have been edited better.

Thank you! I'm halfway done with the new trailer. Once it's done, I'll begin my all out media assault! Release announcement will be made then.

Also, I plan on being very honest with sales statistics and the like. I've always enjoyed when developers discuss their marketing attempts and the results, so I'll do the same.

4. Devster3

Devster3 Active Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I enjoyed your trailer. I agree with most of the post before me but you need to cut the trailer down to 1 minute or your going to lose viewers attention.

Ideas is you can pick your favorite parts and have it start as you do but then just speed up the video to run through several scenes much faster and to enhance the excitement.

I also recommend you place a Release date or now available at the end of the video.

As for pricing you should consider releasing it for free for the first few days, or giving out promotions to several bloggers and weskits that rate games, as well as the people who have given you feedback through forums. I also believe you have a much better chance at getting more downloads at 99 cents. But I understand the time that went into this and you need to decide if having more players is more valuable then potential profit.

you can always start at 2.99 and if that business model doesn't work, rebrand yourself and release it for free with ads.

Looks Great and Good luck!

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I quite liked the way I had no clue what was going on, but I did start skipping through it when I got bored. Keep as many of the same scenes as you can but cut through them a little quicker.

6. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Yeah, shorter would be good.

7. jaybee2002

jaybee2002 Active Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Looks Good

Congrats on the soon release. I may have to give it a look. It reminds me of the old Simon The Sorcerer games which were the best!

Again keep it short. Its a slow paced Trailer with slow music so you do have less time before the viewer gets bored to get your info across.

Good luck on the release! i will be looking out for it.

8. Wizardo

Wizardo Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Starving indie developer
    New Jersey!
    Thanks again guys. The new trailer is done. I cut about 30 seconds (I just couldn't cut more) and I think it's a lot less confusing. I need to work out the release date so we can add it to the trailer, but I should be uploading it soon.

Really appreciate all your helpful and encouraging comments.