Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (March 20)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Mar 21, 2014.

?

What was your favorite release the week of March 20th?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2014.
  1. Adventure Beaks

44.7%
  2. Cardinal Quest II

10.5%
  3. Star Horizon

10.5%
  4. Triblaster

7.9%
  5. Roll Back Home

2.6%
  6. Darkstone

5.3%
  7. Shin Megami Tensei

7.9%
  8. Shooting Showdown 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Tank Battles: Eastern Front 1942

5.3%
  10. World Cruise Story

5.3%
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im still missing one penguin for a full house. i'll post when i get him unlocked ;)

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Adventure beaks for me, i on,y dloaded a few days as the free tag put me off, but the iaps are absolutely not needed here, this game does everything right.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    You traitor! I thought for sure you'd vote for Star Horizon!

JK. :)

I agree with you that it is short and I hope they add more content, but I had to give it GoTW because, IMO, there just aren't very many really good space shooters (I'm talking strictly action based shooters, not ones with mining, resource management, etc.). I'm anxious awaiting Strike Wing's story based campaign as well. But I personally think the gameplay in Stat Horizon is better than Arc Squadron. Just wish it was longer.

Anyway, Adventure Beaks is easily my second choice of the week. It's also a fantastic game and I have no problem if it takes GoTW.

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    My vote went to Darkstone, really enjoying this nice port of the old PC RPG.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha! Yeah Star Horizon was gonna be my GotW til I finished it and started paying attention to Adventure Beaks and i was just blown away. Star Horizon just ended too soon and i even maxed out everything. Im only still just missing a couple GC Achievements.