Gemcraft Comes To iPhone!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Greyhoundgames, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyhoundgames

Greyhoundgames Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    #1 Greyhoundgames, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    Like gems? Like tower defense? Have we got the game for you!
    Gemcraft, the online sensation is coming to iPhone.
    Gemcraft for the iPhone is a completely new chapter in the Gemcraft series featuring all new user interface, art, and levels designed specifically for the iPhone.

The goal in Gemcraft is to combine the magic powers of 8 gem types each with its own special abilities. You can use Pure gems, or combine gems together to craft new and powerful multi-color gems combining their strengths.

Prevent waves of enemies from reaching your goal using gems in towers, traps, and detonating the gems themselves to wipe out hordes of monsters. Gemcraft features 32 levels across 4 worlds, a detailed skill system, achievements which earn you experience and full retina support. Earn experience and level up to unlock 7 different game modes as well as new skills.

I will be around to answer any questions people have about the game.

Greyhound Games is a small independent company who brought you Warlords: Call To Arms, Protector: The Planes, and is also a part of the Legendary Wars team!

We need BETA TESTERS!! The game is almost done and will be sent to apple in 1-2 weeks so if you want to help test it you can PM me. I will discuss the requirements with you on PM. Send me your IOS version, device type and email so I can contact you more easilly.

Enjoy these retina screenshots!
    [​IMG]
    Carefully illustrated graphics just for the iPhone
    [​IMG]
    Thats a lot of monsters!
    [​IMG]
    Use zoom controls to see the whole battlefield
    [​IMG]
    7 different game modes including endurance, game master and much more
    [​IMG]
    28 different skills to unlock
    [​IMG]
    32 levels across 4 worlds
    [​IMG]

2. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
  3. kelchan

kelchan New Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Beta test

I would like to test it out! Ive played GemCraft before on PC and loved it! Look forward to getting my free copy...hehe. (just sent you pm).

4. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    number one! nice contrast. And you spelled "better" wrong, you wrote "beter".

5. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    Thanks. Fixed. Yes the yellow one is winning out heavily. Now how about some questions about Gemcraft! This game is so cool. I'm no biased at all!

6. Maxime Briand

Maxime Briand Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Really excited about this one!

Noooooooooooooooooo... I spent so much time on GemCraft and Gemcraft 0... if this is coming to iOS... I'm doomed. :eek:

Seriously, the original games were extremely addictive, and also had a lot of replay value... combining different game modes with different skills for each level... plus combining gems... led to A LOT of possibilities. Plus leveling up your character, and revisiting earlier levels with upgraded skills... wow. One particular mechanic that I hope you kept was the fact that your total XP was equal to the sum of your high scores for each level... always giving you an incentive to surpass yourself. And finally, achievements that earned you bonus XP...

From what I can see, this is all-new content and levels, and I really dig the art style so... really excited about this! Sadly, I have no questions... and I'm afraid I don't really have the time to test any games (I'll waste so much time when this comes out lol) but I really encourage others to register for this! :rolleyes:

7. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    That mechanic was lost in translation when i converted the game from flash. After reading what you said and talking to the original author (Peter) I totally agree and think that is great. I will make that change tonight\tomorrow.

8. Maxime Briand

Maxime Briand Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Great... that was fast! Glad to know this feature will be back.

9. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    this looks great, i'm interested in testing this out. I sent you a pm!

gonna go try the flash game!

10. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    I have spent more time on Kongreate plyaing Gemcraft than any other game, and am really glad to see it coming out for iOS. Can't wait to play it. I love this game.

11. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    Wow were getting a good amount of requests for beta. After you get my PM, read it over, if you agree follow the instructions. Once i see how many people are in I will post something here and send replies

12. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #12 Delusionaltool, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
    udid sent and sent! hope i can be of some help! lol oops forgot my o/s sorry about that.

13. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    Oh I meant to add. Please PM me your email if you have not already. It is getting hard to talk to this many people via PM so i would like to switch to email.

14. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    haha! ok resent and again i forgot the version of my o/s 4.2.1!!!!! i need go home now work has been a long day!

15. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    Ok we have quite a few of you now. if you havent already send your email. I need to call it a night here and I will hopefully send out betas tommorow. You can dl the game when its ready from your phone using 3G no itunes needed so you can get it anywhere anytime.

Look for my post tommorow and thanks for all the interest!

16. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    Ok all beta test slots are filled. I will be PMing those who I don't have emails from and emailing those that I do later today once I have the beta build ready.

17. Dragu Rawr

Dragu Rawr Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Looks awesome :0 can't wait for release :D

18. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I really enjoyed the flash version of GemCraft and I'm glad to see it's being ported to the iOS. Just curious, what's the relationship between Greyhound Games and Game in a Bottle? Did they ask you guys to help them create an iOS version?

19. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    #19 Greyhoundgames, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
    The beta emails have been sent out. For those of you who I don't yet have a email for, I pmed you asking for it. Once the remaining people get me their emails the rest of you will get your beta invites.

In response to the question about Game In A Bottle.
    I actually recruited Peter and later joined NTT to help publish the games.
    Greyhound Games did all the coding for this version, and Peter(GIAB) provided the original logic and help and support throughout.

This is the same relationship I had with Warlords creator Ben Olding Games as well as Protector creator Undefined. I am very privileged to have worked with 3 top of market flash developers. Combined plays of all these games I worked on in the flash world is something like 200 million. For reference my modestly successful flash game only had 6 million plays.

20. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    ^ Ahh, well I'm glad to hear about your guys' partnership since it's resulting in an iOS version of Gemcraft. I wanted to ask if there would be Game Center support. Since you've already posted retina screenshots, I don't need to ask about that. Regardless, I'll be buying this game ASAP, though.