Tell me our app doesn't suck...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by yarri, Sep 18, 2009.

?

Does our game suck...

Poll closed Oct 3, 2009.
  1. Doesn't suck, I like it

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Doesn't suck, but needs more challenges

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Kinda sucks, not imaginative

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Sucks

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. yarri

yarri Well-Known Member

Hi, I the dev for rideNgive (99¢ + Lite) app that's live on the app store. We think we've got a fun game, full 3D physics, solid frame rates, a kick ass sound track... plus: a monkey, throwing bananas. What more could you ask for?

Seriously, it's been a challenge getting feedback from users and as we're planning follow-up games to this title, we'd really like to hear from TA members.

Links and marketing blurb below.

--yarri

rideNgive Lite
    rideNgive Full

Ride, you crazy monkey! rideNgive Lite, a 3D racing game with 3 levels, and three modes, crazy jumps, power ups and flying bananas! Plus, share your "activator" points with others using Facebook and our global "contributors" board. It's not how much you can win. It's how much can you share?

PLAY

rideNgive is the second in a series of socially conscious games from playNgive(TM) combining strategy, action and social action. Ride through more than 12 levels in the full version. See how many targets you can jump and touch, but watch out for the traffic cones -- throw bananas to clear out the road.

GIVE

Compare your scores to the global "contributors" board and give your "activator" points away by logging into playNgive.com, and connecting with other users through Facebook.

© playNgive, LLC. playNgive is a social mobile and online games network connecting people and charitable organizations. Our company is built with the mission to provide a fun way of raising awareness of important charitable programs through the art of game play and social action through "activators™”.

2. iamnotpretending

iamnotpretending Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Marketing guy, developer
    Chicago
    haaa looks funny

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think it'd help with the marketing if you changed the order of your screenshots on the App Store. The first screenshot should be the gameplay... I have to go all the way to the last one just to get a clearer idea of what I'm going to be doing in the game. I always want to know straight away what the game itself looks like, then if it's nice to look at... menu screens come second. The game over screen should be last.

4. iamnotpretending

iamnotpretending Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Marketing guy, developer
    Chicago
    Downloaded the lite version, would be nice if the game had a accelerometer recalibration in the pause menu... i mean it's pretty much essential. If you happen to be holding the device at a 20 degree angle as the loading menu suggests, you have to pretty much stand on your head in order to get the right angle to make the monkey move forward... Also, maybe i'm doing something wrong but the "hop" button doesn't do anything...

Fun though for what it is.

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Yup. Plus more in-game screenshots instead to just two right now. Also those screenshots need to be rotated to landscape as the the game itself is in landscape mode. Makes it very odd to look at.

6. yarri

yarri Well-Known Member

Would never have thought of that... As a dev, all I see are polys and code.

Thanks!

--yarri

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Ride and give? Wow that sounds like what I do with my girlfriend.

ANYWAYS, ughh..this game's not too special :\.

8. yarri

yarri Well-Known Member

So.... I appreciate the feedback (made some changes) but what you're saying is if I made a game where things blow up, or, even better, you shoot someone that would be better? Quit coding racing games and build shoot-em-ups?

More "shumps," less bikes?

--yarri