Latest and Greatest?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by IKnowHow2Fly, Nov 21, 2009.

1. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Been away from the iPod gaming scene for about a month. Got about 18 bucks left to spend and wondering what has been the hot deals or hot purchases? Any genre is good, except RTS, and certain types of puzzle games.

Thanks! :)

(PS- Not afraid to spend $10 or whatever on an app, anything will be good!)

2. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies. Hands down. And Ravensword.

3. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Cod zombies ftw!!!!!!!!11!!!!!111!11!11

4. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    I'm very tempted for COD, as I have spent many hours on the console version of Zombies. The only downer is one map..which is good, just seems like it will leave a sour taste in my mouth knowing they want more $ for more maps.

As for Ravensword, how long does it last..? I have only played 1 other RPG on the iDevice, which was Zenonia which has taken many hours from my life. I understand this is an entirely different RPG, just seeing how they stack up if compareable.

5. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Seriously, COD is one of the best games I've played on my iDevice, and I've played a ton of every type of game. Don't worry about the downer; the first map is still REALLY fun.

Ravensword lasts about 6 hours not including side quests, which you can do an infinite amount of times. And not including the Mega Troll, which is the strongest monster in-game and can kill you in one hit (you have to use a certain strategy to kill it). The game is great, and I like roaming around randomly killing things, so the game's going to last a LONG time for me. Think the sandbox style of GTA except with swords and arrows.

6. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I got COD zombies days ago and have only played it once because i have been busy but it's fun even if you have played the xbox360 one 100 times.

7. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    Ok, COD seems like a strong contender. I have never really been a believer in Gameloft due to the fact they rarely update, but with the recent Price drops I could pick up: Gangsta, Modern Combat, and Dungeon Hunter...which from all the hype seem like some good deals.

COD seems like the first app I will purchase.

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Jet Car Stunts and MiniSquadron are two solid titles as well.

9. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    +1 to both. They are both a steal for the price!

10. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think my final verdict is:

COD-10
    Krazy Kart Racing-1
    Jet Car Stunts-2
    Some $5 Gameloft game.

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I haven't purchased it yet - but what's so good about COD? (I'm not a zombie fan in any way shape or form)
    Is it the multiplayer?

12. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Online!!!

13. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    +1 The same people into Eliminate like it. :)

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I'm surprised how Eliminate slipped down the charts so fast - and since its free - can it ever make it back up again? I'm not sure that DLC pricing is the way to go. Off topic of course.

15. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    +1
    definitely what you should do.

i think it's pretty smart, cause now they have all their customers playing the game and each customer has the potential to buy power cells numerous amount of times (of course there are those who will not).

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    but if it was that smart - it would be much higher in the charts - around #1 perhaps - its not even top 25 grossing. I know now what the numbers are for #15 grossing - and its not that great! Luckily Russ and I are two people with little overhead (except what we invested into the game of course)
    The lifespan of apps in the appstore is CRAZY fast... just gotta keep putting more out - thats all...

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't want to make your decision harder, you seem like you have your choices made, but Ravensword is sick!! Plus, you'd be supporting a couple indie devs instead of the dreaded Globo Corp Gameloft. Just kidding, I have like every Gameloft game. But seriously, Ravensword is amazing.

And I think I'm about to cave on COD too, I tried holding out but it looks really fun.

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I do too - thanks - and Gameloft has lite versions of almost everything - I'd give those a go first. :)

19. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    I hear ya, I'm trying to hold out but it seems I can't. Ravensword seems fun, it's just that action/fighting seems slow paced..which is good, but not my style.