The Adventures of Monella Vagabonda

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MentalDrink, Mar 29, 2012.

1. MentalDrink

MentalDrink Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Santa Clara, California
    Hi everyone,

we are very close to release our game and we wanted to show to the community a WIP video.
    There are lots of features being integrated while I am writing this message and so we will post new videos soon.

We decided to show this video cause we saw another game coming out from Chillingo in these days that looks very similar to ours, so we don't want to think that we have copied their game.

Particles and new animations are coming soon and the game will be released in about one month. It will be available as Universal build for all the iOS devices including iPod touch.

Cheers,
    Mental Drink Team.

WebPage:
    http://blog.mentaldrink.com/monellavagabonda

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/monellavagabondagame

2. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    #2 AnarKitty, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    Aside from the obvious debt to classic games like the 1980's 8-bit computer hit "Nebulus", there are already several other iOS games that use the rotating tower motif, including Fatcat Rush and a Lode Runner-influenced game whose name I forget. There are several others too, like Sir Lovalot and Power Toppler. At this point, Chillingo's only one of many who've preceded you on this platform. If you're curious about your predecessors, you might want to poke around the App Store and do a little due diligence. :)

3. MentalDrink

Aug 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Santa Clara, California
    Hi AnarKitty,
    yes, you are right about the fact that there are already lots of tower based games out there, starting from 9 bits machines.
    Obviously we have seen so many remakes of this puzzle-type of games and looking at the new game released on the new platforms this should look cute enough (and hopefully with a good story and tower editor) to prove that this type of puzzle games still works.

But yeah.. you've mentioned Nebulus which is one of my favourite games...
    Wooha... good times :)

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Your game looks great to me and with my judging limited to viewing videos, I find it more graphically attractive then Chillingo's new release. The gameplay is the most important thing, however. I look forward to hearing more about your game as it approaches release.

Hopefully there is room on the market to bring success to both titles, if they are deserving. Good luck!

5. MentalDrink

Aug 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Santa Clara, California
    Hi slewis7,

thanks for your opinion about this WIP video.
    The gameplay is actually very good and the control is easy as well. We have been working very hard on the gameplay system hoping to do a great job and we are testing the game worldwide just to ensure that the game is a good game.
    We are not trying to sell something that is not good but we really appreciate any opinions or critics about our game cause we can fix stuff and make it better.

We also have the editor working in the game and possibly we will put a sharing system for the maps.