Assassins Creed 2 Poll

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by craighauser, Dec 3, 2009.

?

What do you think?

1. We should boycott Ubisoft until they become more transparent and improve customer service

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  2. We souldn't care and let thing pan out

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Try a different route

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. You're crazy

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  1. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    #1 craighauser, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    HEY! READ THIS FIRST!

I want to hear from all of you.

I understand what iDevices are capable of and I am frustrated to see that major gaming companies are still coming out with games that are not even close to pushing limits of the devices (with the exception of a few titles from Gameloft). What frustrates me even more is to see these companies treat the iDevice community (which is particularly large if they haven't noticed) as an inferior gaming community by doing things like completely ignoring everybody when they ask about the failure to release a much anticipated game such as Assassins Creed 2.

I believe that we need to come together as a gaming community (sounds nerdy as hell but live with it) and really show these companies that we are a serious market.

I want to hear what you guys think.
    Post some comments too.
    If you have another idea, lets hear it.

2. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Idk wat the big deal is about this game is anyway. Yeah it looks ok, but you run around (in only 2 directions unlike the first) and press one button to attack someone and it plays an animation of you killing em....

Lol this is a 99c game.

3. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm enjoying bloodlines on my PSP

4. craighauser

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    ugh

I am not overly excited for this game either but it is just a prime example of how the companies are viewing the market. I just want some good games on the iPod touch and to have some good customer service from the companies.

5. craighauser

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    How is it? The gameplay looks cool, thats what should come to the iPod!

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Hmmm... its got some mediocre reviews though. I'll probably give it a rental after Christmas unless you're really that impressed with it.

And I'm also waiting on this game. It's the exact same game as the DS one (again), but it just looks really cool. Might be one of the few really awesome 2d platformers I'll get into, like Ghosts 'N Goblins.

7. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    ... we already have a thread dedicated to ACII

8. craighauser

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    sorry?

This is not only about Assassins Creed 2, this is more about customer service and the quality of games in general. AC2 Just happens to be a prime example. Is this not okay?

9. Sainter

Dec 8, 2008
    The quality of games I find is fine.
    It costs an incredible amount to produce games and most developers dont have that kind of coin laying around. They make games they feel can be profitable for them.

And as for bad customer service I have only found two companies that have bad service. One is Ubisoft and the other is Square Enix. All others I have found contactable.

10. craighauser

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    EA is another I have not had the best time with. It seems all the established companies have poorer service while the newer and indy ones are contactable. I am impressed with what Gameloft has offered, but I think that the other companies are stuck in neutral. I believe that the needed profit can be fulfilled if the quality of the game rose, more people would get interested in forking out more money. If “Bloodlines” came out for the iPhone at around $30, a full game many would put down their psps and pick up their iDevices. There are way more iPod touch gamers than there is PSP gamers, at least that I observe. I think that the market has lots of potential but it is being ignored.

11. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    You probably shouldn't name your thread "Assassin's Creed 2 Poll" then. :rolleyes:

12. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Honestly I still dont think that assassins creed was a good game. The graphics were nice but thats all. It just had no substance. Jump and mash buttons were the two things making up assassins creed. It also loks like AC2 is going to be just like it. I honestly hoped that ubisoft was going to go with "real" assassins creed. Like use a game setup like dungeonhunter's. You know, big open worlds, no side scrolling. That would make it a true assassins creed game.
    But everyone has their own opinions.

13. craighauser

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    Yeah, that would make it a lot more fun for sure. Or 3d, we've seen it with Gangstar. An open world AC is possible on the iPod.

14. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Wait until Christmas. It's fun, but it's no syphon filter, gta, or LBP but it's a worthy decent title.

15. craighauser

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    um

Haha does anybody know how to change the title of a thread?

16. Sainter

Dec 8, 2008
    I have 5 Electronic Arts contacts and you can easily get a reply from them by contacting Craig Law via Twitter
    And as I said devs can't lift the quality of their games if their don't have the money to do so. It's not that simple because a game could easily crash and not be seen with over 100,000 apps on the App Store. That's why we see more developers going for the safer option of a cheaper game that can hopefully become another iShoot or Doodle Jump success story.
    Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines will never come out on here for $30, let alone would it even sell remotely well. While the hardcore or gamers we see on TA would buy it, the average gamer prefers cheaper titles with $9.99 seeming like the unofficial high point for now. Yes there are more iDevice owners compared to PSP, hence why the game at 3rd the price should have 3 times as many buyers compared to at $30.

17. craighauser

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    Those are good points, I understand the money aspect but I still believe that a higher level game could make it on the appstore. With proper marketing (i.e. including iPhone on commercials as compatible platforms), many who are into handheld gaming would make the switch to the iDevice and buy those titles. The truth is that nobody knows how it would end up because it has never been tried before. We don't know how successful a high quality, higher priced game would be because nobody has dipped their toes in that water yet. I can see the market booming with the increased storage and improved graphics that we are seeing with each new iPod touch and iPhone. It is moving forward so fast but I think the gaming companies are worried about the possible failure of an expensive game and decide not to even try. I would like to see one major title come as a guinea pig (i.e. when Bioshock was rumored to be coming out in a 3 part installment to fit a ton of material in it) and then truly judge if the market is adequate enough to sustain that sort of level of gaming. Thats just my stance.

18. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I went for your crazy. If it was not an option I would have said to mob ubitsoft but oh well.

19. craighauser

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    haha that seems to be a popular choice for many. I'm diggin your idea though, I should have added mobbin' ubisoft! haha where the Molotov Cocktails at?