iPhone Mechwarrior: Tactical Command

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jmelrose, Sep 27, 2012.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Right well here's my early impressions after playing for half an hour.
    I'll start with I'm not a mechwarrior fan but I do like giant robots and RTS/TBS games.
    First off the AI is dumb for your mechs, unless its a straight line you want them to walk in then they walk into walls and everything in the path, it's like they are just trying to force there way to the point you click.
    But I can overlook this because you should really be keeping an eye on your mechs and moving them small distances at a time not huge across the maps runs,
    It's worth saying that there speech is nonsense to as sometimes you can click in an open space and they'll start walking there but at the same time say that's impossible sir?
    Attacking things is the usual tap your guy then tap the enemy but it seems a bit random as well because there's times when I click an enemy and my mech will run towards them attacking and then there's times when my mechs started running away?

I'm only upto mission 3 but the first mission serves as a kind of tutorial then the second mission has you trying to be stealthy (as stealthy as a giant robot can be I suppose?) where your robots are to weak to fight the enemy so you have to run from point to point avoiding detection! Now it might just be me but I thought I was buying a game with giant fighting robots not robots trying to be solid snake? But hey it's starting to look better on mission 3 as now I'm tasked with actually fighting things.
    Well to sum it up its not the best game and its not the best AI and if I'd paid full price I might not have been to happy but as its on sale and its only 69p you can't complain.
    If you like giant robots then its worth a look for the price but don't go expecting to much.
    Like I said I'm only up to mission 3 and I've only played for half an hour so things might change but I'm not expecting greatness :rolleyes:
    Personally I'd prefer it if it had of been a turn based game with a grid style movement system.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks to Oooooomonkey and Bool Zero for the impressions!

3. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    has anyone been able to run this game on an iPad Air with iOS 9 ?