Launching in individual Countries

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Blue Jungle Studios, May 7, 2013.

1. Blue Jungle Studios

Blue Jungle Studios Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Making Games :-)
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to get your thoughts, is it best launching your game in different countries at different times and days? Or do people still just tick all countries and launch to everyone all at once?

Just wanting to get some data together :)

2. simplymuzik3

simplymuzik3 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    All countries at the same time, unless you have some super huge online game (then test in Canada probably).

3. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    So do you guys simply select all itunes store countries automatically when you launch an app? I find i deselect a lot of them, but obviously include the "main countries"...

4. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Why would you deselect any?

simplymuzik3 had it about right. Unless it's online, launch everywhere.

5. z3dd

z3dd Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    What do you mean saying 'Unless it's online' ? So there is a different tactic for online games ? Can you share it because we're gonna realease such game soon ?

6. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    If it's online, usually it's best to stress test the servers first. No amount of preparation can predict what a worldwide launch will do to your server.

So start with a small launch, like Canada, plug any leaks then go on to the rest of the world. That's what we're doing with All In & Friends and seems to be standard practice.

7. ruka

ruka Active Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Programmer
    Internet
    Even if it's not online (and if you got the time) launching in one country is kinda good to test out the game. I haven't personally do this, but some developer I know released their game in one country first on the first month to iron out issues.

I don't think you don't need to do that though if you already testing extensively the game itself :/

8. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
    Launching in a single country at first has also benefits in terms of user acquisition. You need to test your creatives and copywriting in services as Chartboost, PlayHaven or even on Facebook mobile ads for app installs.