How to get iPhone4 testers?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by mrobot, Jul 16, 2010.

1. mrobot

mrobot Member

Hi this is my first post, but I release my first iPhone game, Zombie Outhouse, a goofy shooter in December 2009.

I just upgraded Zombie Outhouse to a universal app with support for iPad and iPhone4, but I don't have an actual iPhone4 to test on. While it does work fine in the simulator, it would be great to find a tester to make sure it runs on real hardware without any issues before I submit the update to the App Store.

Where is the best place to find an iPhone 4 tester? Are these forums an okay place to do that?

Thanks,

Martin

2. Deth4U2

Deth4U2 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I sent you a PM.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Devs seem to do well asking for users of one particular device/OS on here, you're likely to get a bunch of replies only asking for iPhone 4 testers.

A few developers report better experiences than others. Some of them say the experience was really positive and helpful while others say they hardly got any feedback and all their testers seemed interested in was getting a free preview. I'd have to say I don't think the latter happens too often, if you make a topic in the "Upcoming iPhone and iPod Touch Games" forum and converse with the members a little, you could probably see which ones are serious about the job. Failing that, try to get some recommendations. There are a ton of users here with dozens of betas under their belt and they'll be the safest bets, although they might not all be on iPhone 4's yet.

Oh, and if you don't have a forum of your own you can create a Social Group here to keep track of your testers.