iPhone Titan VG Edition - (Valley Games, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by the9quad, Dec 22, 2011.

1. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post(s) Munkie, the link cplr, and for cleaning it up currymutton. Instapapered! This will probably be enough for me to buy it now.

2. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Does this include the BattleLands expansion? I recently learned that one of the things the expansion adds is the tactical maps where battles between legions take place, and those maps are already there. Does this mean that the higher tier monsters from the expansion are there as well?

3. blibby

blibby Active Member

Mar 3, 2011
    The base titan game comes with tactical maps for every terrain type on the main board. None of the battlelands expansion maps (port etc.) are included. At least, not that I'm able to access.

4. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Nice vid. Can you upload a non-stretched version?

5. AlteaineDranix

Nov 8, 2011
    Oh! I must have misunderstood the information I read about regarding the expansion; thank you for the correction.
    But if there are tactical maps for every terrain type on the board, how do the expansion's tactical maps factor in? I can't find anything on it online, for some reason.

6. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Thanks for the vid, Sanuku.

It's still a bit silent for my videogame taste, but I'll read through the rulebook eventually, so it's not a biggie. With these kind of games half the fun comes from the understanding of the game -- liked that in Cabals and Ghost Stories a lot --, just don't have the time at the moment to immerse myself in the Law of Titan. I know it's coming, and I hope the game will live up to the hype. Bought it to support the devs, but I seriously hope they'll make a good tutorial at some point to persuade some less patient others to play their game.

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

You both are Welcome.

If i find the Time I`ll create a Video Tutorial (Non-Streched) about the Game but currently i have a list of Games to finish that is longer then this Thread and it might take some Time till I`ll be ready for creating the Tutorial.

I still don`t understand the Developer why they didn`t took the Time to create a better Tutorial. To be honest that was one of the Reasons that had hold me back from doing a Feature about the Game for all those Weeks.

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    FYI, the update is out. Press that button, mates.

9. tytylenk

tytylenk New Member

Jan 18, 2012
    where to buy cheapest Mobile Phone for Old People?

10. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    What's in it?

11. PapaT

PapaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    UK
    See page 5 of this thread.

12. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Alright. Downloaded the update, and the battles are definitely slower, if I'm not mistaken. Just won my first match against, and the whole package feels quite right. I think it's time to read that rulebook to pick up the particulars.

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Change the title, please. :)

Run through my first Quick Game (aka tutorial) last nite and it is not as hard to learn as I thought. But definitely, learning how to win is an entirely different level.

Non-zoomable game board is a minor gripe but it is okay. The art work, especially the battle boards, gives strong feeling of paper board games and really brings me back the old days of (my poor) gaming.

Please put in async MP, with proper chat and notifications, soon.

14. AlteaineDranix

Nov 8, 2011
    #75 AlteaineDranix, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    I was finally able to purchase this and play a little.

The UI isn't as bad as I thought it would be; in fact, I haven't had a problem at all. I agree that being able to zoom in on the board would be nice, as would larger images and text on the legions screen. Neither are urgently necessary, however.
    What I would like is for battles on my end to go slower, so I have a firmer grasp on what's going on. But that's just me and I've only played two games, nor have I had a chance to read the manual yet.

All in all, it's a great game, but it could use some polishing in terms of the UI. I'd also like the BattleLands expansion to be available in the future, as with multiplayer.

15. Struan73

Struan73 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Question

Hi,

If I look into iTunes I see that the game is for 2-6 player. But also an AI is mentioned. What does it mean. Do I need always two humans to play, or is there a possibility to play solo against the computer? Can someone help me on that?

Struan

16. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    You can play against several AI player ... and they are really smart ... :)

17. Struan73

Jan 2, 2009
    Tanks

Thanks for the help

Marc

18. Struan73

Jan 2, 2009
    Still

I maybe a Little overcautious, but to make my First question more clear: Can I Play Alone (against the AI) or have to be Always two Human Players involved.

Sorry for bothering

Struam

19. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Don't worry, you can play all alone with this against 1-5 AI opponents.