Those blasted Icons dimensions

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by pinkandpurple, Dec 28, 2011.

1. pinkandpurple

pinkandpurple Well-Known Member

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    I spent 30 British pounds to go and get an app published and was stuck with the Icons as Itunes would not accept the dimensions

I thought they would automatically adjust pictures when uploaded saving us a lot of headache and expense as I have to hire people to alter the pictures

2. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    I see nothing wrong with Apple wanting the images at the dimensions they want. You shouldn't need to pay anyone to resize your images at is really simple. Here is a no-cost option for you using a browser based image editor:

http://www.sumopaint.com/app/

Import your image and go to the Image menu, select Image Size and input the sizes you want.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah, you definitely don't want to be paying for something as basic as that... I hope the whole £30 wasn't just for image resizing. Hell, I'll do minor adjustments for free myself, I'm bored enough.

4. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    Tuition please

Well
    thats nice help for the sumo but please can you do a tuition how to resize pixels with it and round the icon and do the RGB zone thing?

5. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    Where is binary upload?

I got to publish a small app to this page where it says metadata, version info, uploads and EULA but cannot see the binary file upload ?

I dont know if this person I hired has done it as a binary file

6. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    Second app not done

I also tried to add a second app but not complete it and it said you do not have an Apple ID

7. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    ID

So Ido have app ID etc so why is it I cant add new app?

8. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    Anyone going t ogive some tuition to do these Icons with Sumo and why I cannot find binary file upload tab in Itunes half way through publishing a first app?

9. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    Just have the image at the right size using the method I said earlier. Apple does all the rest automatically.

The binary is not uploaded through iTunes Connect. You used to have to do it through Application Loader, but now it can be done direct in Xcode. Choose Archive from the Product menu. Then Verify the file (the option will come up automatically), then send it using the option on the same menu.

10. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    Well I resized to 768x1024 but it still does not accept the Ipad pic

11. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    Eula?

Can I not find the applcation uploader because it says ?

Currently, the standard End User License Agreement (EULA) is being applied to your app. If you want to provide your own EULA, click Edit.

12. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    There is a nice document apple offers devs which has a step by step description how to properly setup and upload an app to itc.

You may want to read it and stop pestering the board with absolutly stupid questions.. its all well documented , aswell as icon size and other stuff ... 786x1024 wtf!

Maybe you should pay someone to read it to you and then someone to explain to you what e just read.. jeez..

I am really looking forward to your next million seller app.. This will blow the appstore away for sure..

13. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    OK so messaging Apple direct got answer about not setting up Distribution and certificates

14. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    Einstein

For the individual this is complicated
    Create iOS Development Certificate

The Development Certificate is used to sign a provisioning profile and associate a developer to a registered device. You may have only one active Development Certificate. To learn more, visit the Certificates section of the Development Overview.
    How to create a development certificate:

Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) with a public key
    In your Applications folder, open the Utilities folder and launch Keychain Access.
    Choose Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate from a Certificate Authority.
    In the Certificate Information window, enter or select the following information:
    In the User Email Address field, enter your email address
    In the Common Name field, enter your name
    In the Request is group, select the Saved to disk option
    Click Continue.
    The Certificate Assistant saves a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) file to your Desktop.
    The public/private key pair will be generated when you create the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) if you use the Key Chain Assistant to create the CSR.
    Submit the CSR through the Provisioning Portal.
    Click the Development tab
    Upload the certificate by choosing the file
    Click Submit

15. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    LOL.

This thread reminds me how I was when I wanted to submit my first app. I totally can understand pinkpurple difficulties and relate to it. It gets worse if English is not your mother tongue. But if you read the steps, carefully, one by one, and doing it one by one with the steps, you will be able to do it. The steps are actually not that clear and not user friendly especially those who are unfamiliar with Mac and iOS.

16. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    THing is I only have limited net access now like an hour a day and so looking at vids is very long

17. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    Simplify it

Maybe you can simplify it Rocotilos for us here to get our file upload buttons working ?
    So thts set up distribution channels and certificates

18. pinkandpurple

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    Millions

Millions I cannot get just because Apple make it to ocomplicated to set up for the aveage individual
    I guess I have to hire someone to do it