Tunnel Vision vs Itunnel 3D vs Deep vs Boost 3D

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cranker, Oct 16, 2009.

1. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    I realize that they are not all completely similar but I think they share many things in common. Which have you played and do you like best ?

I find that Boost 3D is the most addictive so far...

Also any other similar types of tunnel games out there worth mentioning ?

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I have played all three of these (lite of iTunnel 3D) and the best IMHO is Tunnel Vision is the best IMHO.

Graphics/music/gameplay are just solid.

They keep changing the icon for some reason though. :confused: The one before this was a green circle with an i in it (extra life powerup.) I can't remember what the original icon was... It may have been a 3D shot of the tunnel.

3. cranker

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    #3 cranker, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
    The Tunnel Vision Icon is not too nice..................Do you find your hand gets in the way while playing it? and I juts got the free version and am trying to fing out what extras the full has. They seem exactly the same.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #4 drelbs, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
    I use one finger in the lower-right-hand corner. Since the tunnel is round, it's never gotten in the way for me.

I'd have to download the lite to see what the difference is.

EDIT: Looking at it in the App Sore, there's an icon down there - did they add a virtual stick? Last time I played that wasn't there and you could just touch the screen anywhere, then drag to move...

5. cranker

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

I thought your finger had to be near the middle ! That's why I was having problems. It did not seem sensitive in the corner so I will try it again.

If you have time to try the free version that would be nice. It's just curiosity. They really seem exactly the same. Maybe they are and they made the game free and left the other one on to buy to support the developer ?

Have you tried "deep" ?

6. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    You should ask a mod to make a poll in this thread...

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'll try the lite when I get a chance.

I haven't played Deep, but I can recommend Alice's Adventures which is a different game. ;)

Also, avoid Tunnel 3D, I found it to be way too choppy.

iTunnel 3D Lite has good action, but seems a little cheezy compared to the others.

8. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    I read the description of Tunnel Vision and almost tried it, but then I noticed that the controls are touch and not tilt, so I skipped it. Definitely a deal-breaker after experiencing the fine precision rotation on offer by Boost 3D. The screenshots for Tunnel Vision do look impressive, however.

9. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    tunnel vision is pretty, but there are alot of games just like it. boost 3d is definately the best choice of tunnel games. the boost through blocks, transforming to outside the tunnel, the colors, the very tight controls, everything is just refreshing. i was skeptical buying it, then immediately happy. it's a very original and fun take on the tunnel game.

10. Grubjelly

Jun 19, 2009
    #10 Grubjelly, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
    I think Boost 3D is insanely addicting. Once you get into the flow of it, knowing when it's crucial to boost and when to avoid excess speed, the randomly placed obstacles become more navigable, making it more tempting to try again and again to get further along.

There's a considerable jump in difficulty shortly after entering the tunnel the second time, and it's exhilarating when that tunnel unwraps and throws you back outside again, because it's edging up to the 2000 range and anything could happen at that point. You could get some real bad luck and face patterns that seem insurmountable, and end up boosting into a block with others spaced closely right behind it, or cover some very manageable distance as a result of the intersection of reflexes and random obstacle layout being just right. I feel more in control of the random circumstances in Boost 3D than I do with a game such as Canabalt, but the randomness does, almost in itself, greatly influence the outcome.

Boost 3D definitely need itunes music capability though. I was bummed to find out that it wasn't there, even though the included music track is cool. I want to play this game to the tune Wipeout-style music, and to the likes of Aphex Twin, among others.

lukeb

11. cranker

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    After playing them all, I find Boost 3d the best of these games by a wide margin. The others are fun, but I find myself wanting to go back to Boost way more than the others..........graphics, sound, seems to have the whole package :)

I also prefer the tilt control to the touch in this type of game.

12. Sfv818

Sfv818 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Buying Apps!
    California
    Boost 3D!

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    for any1 with Tunnel Vision, have u been able to get the 'complete 10 lvs in arcade mode' and 'complete arcade mode without dying' achievements? i played thru, beat all 10 lvs, and didnt die but i didnt unlock those achievements so idk.. :confused:

14. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    i think that itunnel 3d sounds like an entertainment useless app. tunnel vision as a stupid app which u look a tunnel.. the deep however sounds fun and "deep". boost 3d sounds like it needs a boost... im saying these just by looking at the name.

15. jlanis86

jlanis86 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    You'll be able to in the next version. ;)

In the meantime, you can listen to your iTunes library by turning off the in-game music and sound effects. This actually works for all games, as long as they have an option to disable the audio.

16. Grubjelly

Jun 19, 2009
    #16 Grubjelly, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
    Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I love the sound effects (although the crash sound can be a little teeth-gnashing if you play late) and would miss them, but I'll try what you suggest too. Btw, I added another gameplay vid on youtube, including one run of just under 2k, for anyone interested.