picking an rts

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Themagictouch, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    ok so i'm having trouble deciding on an rts and i hated roboapocalypse, and so i was thinking about something different just name an rts that you think would be good, if you have to base it of something i really like the focus of age of empires for the pc and how that is played alright thanks

2. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    The Settlers.

3. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    i heard settlers is alot of watching or is it like age of empires?

4. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    HATED robocalypse? =O
    I would recommend you an rts, but robocalypse is the only one i have at the moment.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Warfare incorporated
    -closest thing to the traditional rts, includes everything except for unit grouping and attack moving. Comes with an excellent multiplayer engine also. Rated strategy game of the year in 2008.

6. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    +1

there are constantly people online to play with, you can adjust speeds. If you want to wait you can wait for Red Conquest which seems to be a really good RTS made epecially for the iDevice. ,.

Quantum Collapse is a great game too although its slower and takes longer to load, the missions are great. The controls are very well done, you can do groups and control individual units very well. It is not the best but I've enjoyed my time with it. There are also 11 skirmish maps and you can adjust the difficulty and the style of enemy A.I. There is currently bluetooth multiplayer and 3g/wifi global is promised but unfortunately doesnt look to come any time soon.

currently dont like Robocalypse as much and didnt play it due to lack of auto-save. Now with the new update I think I'll be playing it a lot more

Command and Conquer promised to be really good but there are a lot of people saying that its glitchy so I'm waitin gon online play+sale on that at the moment.

VERIDICT: Get Warfare Inc. and wait for Red Conquest. Warfare Inc. has tons of single player missions and a strong online community. If you're looking into more control of units and a good variety of skirmish and single player missions get Quantum Collapse although be warned its slower paced

7. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I'm waiting for John Kooistra's Red Conquest to come out.

8. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    BEST RTS GAME EVER... And I still play it after 8 months later o_o

9. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Red Alert. Its $11. But it's worth it and it has online and bluetooth coming. Like Warfare but with double the units and strategy involved.