Universal Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Yep, not at you, just those who don't understand the dynamic and challenge of this aspect of the game. Same can be said for any game really, even an RTS where your opponent prefers to build a million defensive towers around their base. The only people who hate it, are the ones who don't understand it or the satisfaction gained from defeating a strategy like that.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I don't agree with you either, but ignore solidfart. That's my advice to you.

3. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #1663 Solidfart, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    That's my name don't wear it out plz. Especially if ur a camper. Not that I'm saying YOU are one.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #1664 LOLavi, Dec 14, 2012
    Nvm. Someone may take this as continuing the argument and I definitely don't want that.

5. realtalkmydude

realtalkmydude Active Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Holy hell this game is pure ass. Now I'm not talking about gameplay specifically but about performance specifically on 4s. The game's framerate in campaign is all over the place and can can go from smooth to about 10fps in a heartbeat. Input lag is crazy bad especially when pressing the fire button. Multiplayer framerate gets crazy choppy when most of the players are on screen at one time. The input lag hinders from getting kills online sadly. The gameplay seems like it would be really great if it was actually optimized for 4s(makes me kinda want a Iphone5 but I'm on the S cycle).

It'd be really great if Gameloft patched the game up but no word from them so looks like I'm about to go get a refund from itunes cause I'm feeling pretty ripped off from what I thought was gonna be a great game :(.

6. FSK_VoRteX

FSK_VoRteX Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Lot of you suck at this game lol please if you see me in a game and your on my team, just leave.

7. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Campaign runs smooth most of the time, and the multiplayer lag is down to servers. Create a online game and it runs really smooth.

8. realtalkmydude

realtalkmydude Active Member

Dec 4, 2012
    If you find 10-15 frames per second smooth then good for you but this crap is atrocious. Also multiplayer lag shouldn't affect the framerate(and it isn't, the game is just poorly optimized for 4s). Also that crappy input lag and what's with the weird rate of fire this game has on every weapon?

Overall the game seems like it's fun but it's just horribly optimized for 4s/itouch5. Making sure I get my refund right away.

But if you guys endure all the performance problems and are still enjoying the game even with all the bs, then that's great :D

9. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    #1669 BruteOutlawz, Dec 14, 2012
    I don't think singleplayer has ever gone down to 10 to 15 fps for me, there's a fair amount of dips though but they don't usually last to long. Annoying but not really a game breaker. As for online, it's defiantly server/Internet problems. I can join a match that's full and it will be running great. Then I join another game with the same map and it's laggy. It's not gpu lag online, it's latancy/server related.

Had really smooth games online when it first came out. Now it seems like every game I try is really slow.

Create a game and you can see it runs smooth because your host. Proves its server/latancy issues.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah took me a while to figure that out too. I was really surprised when I saw someone inside it :p

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1671 Rip73, Dec 14, 2012
    There's quite a few on here that are relatively high on the leaderboard that are an advantage to have on your team.
    Not everybody needs or wants to be top 10.
    In regards to the voice chat, in NOVA 3 its just easier to turn it off as there does tend to be a lot of abuse thrown around.
    It's an advantage if the players, like some members here for example, are known to each other but in most cases its not really necessary if your team is made up of quality players. Like a lot on here again, paul202 and lolavi in particular.

12. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    hehehe yeah, it's great for CTF!!!

I'm like there hiding enemies come and it's a very easy kill :D

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I know that MC brings out the dude bro in all of us, but please refrain from calling fellow gamers by the colloquial term for developmental disability. Thanks!

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Dude bro...love it :D

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I do? How sweet of you to mention. :3 >_>

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #1676 LOLavi, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    toucharcap73;2583611]There's quite a few on here that are relatively high on the leaderboard that are an advantage to have on your team.
    Not everybody needs or wants to be top 10.
    In regards to the voice chat, in NOVA 3 its just easier to turn it off as there does tend to be a lot of abuse thrown around.
    It's an advantage if the players, like some members here for example, are known to each other but in most cases its not really necessary if your team is made up of quality players. Like a lot on here again, paul202 and lolavi in particular.[/QUOTE]

me in particular? as flatered as i am, my kdr is like 1 numbee lower than pauls loll

nvm you meant both of us in particular :p still flattered. u forgot agentblank n jinathin tho

17. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    very rude...
    Though I'm a noob...
    I do still try...
    Please don't say sigh
    When I'm on your team
    Cus I beam
    and enjoy
    while you destroy
    my fun
    I know I'm your "Gaming son"

Like the poem? :D

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    As much as we love you, it's not all about you ;).

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    You know Palringo is messed up when this is considered a nice post. Btw just because you nolifed your way to top 10 doesnt mean your better than all of us. Paul here is beast and wouldnt be surprised if hed own u

20. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Real harsh you know
    I know that you were bad when you first started just like everyone and if they were like this you would just stop playing
    I don't know why I play cod any more I get so much hate mail for being bad at it.