Galaga Remix

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by starjimstar, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I can't believe there is not a thread for this game yet. I don't know about y'all but I am checking the App Store every half hour for it.

2. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    same here Galaga is my favorite arcade game of all time. I'll never forget the day I had a competition with my old man at the mall and we spent over $20 playing it at the arcade. I'm so stoked! I would have paid $6 for just the original but I see the remix as a pleasant bonus :D

3. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Before I moved, there was a bar I used to frequent, and it had the Galaga and Ms. Pac-Man cocktail tables. I will probably pour myself a shot glass of beer to set on my iPhone just so I can pretend to feel the authentic experience.

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I just purchased a Galaga / Ms PacMan arcade system for $200 off my local craigslist a couple of weeks ago.

5. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    So any word on the price yet?
    Just wish they would come out with a retro game pac with 4 or 5 of their games for $9.99, the $4.99 per game is a bit much for some of them.

6. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    The TA article says; "Galaga Remix will arrive in the App Store any day now and will be priced at $5.99."

7. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Thanks for the price, I will wait , i love Galaga but not that much.

8. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    It's not JUST galaga. It's the original arcade version as well as the remixed version which is a full fledged arcade shooter take a look at the video on the home page.

9. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I used to have this game on my Razr. I always played on my phone because of that one game. It was so entertaining and all that good stuff,, I love this game. Can't wait until this one hits the App Store.

10. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I have spent so much on Galaga (in quarters.) $5.99 is a bargain.

11. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I skipped school to play galaga at the mall arcade every week. I can't wait!!!

12. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I can't help but wonder how soon "any day now" is. Does that mean it was just submitted and once Apple has approved of DS Effects' Virtual Pineapple, Virtual Doormat, Virtual PaintDrying, Virtual Hot Dog, etc, we will see this in 3 weeks? No, I have to stay positive. I know what will cheer me up; I'll check the App Store! Fiddlesticks: nothing yet. :(

13. App-aholic

App-aholic Member

Jan 20, 2009
    I'm looking forward to this game!

14. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
  15. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
  16. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I have not been more excited about any other game yet. So what is missing from the lite version? It is still downloading so I haven't tried yet. The description makes it sound like it is only missing classic mode. If that is the case, I am shelling out the $5.99 ASAP.

17. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Same here. I mainly want it for classic mode. I'm not a retro nut, but Galga is worth getting excited about.

They did a great job with Centipede, so I'm sure this will be just as good.

18. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Centipede is Atari. Galaga is Namco. But I agree that Centipede is a nice addition to my iPhone games family.

19. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    LOL:p
    Yeah, I guess you're right. Anyhow, centipede was awesome.

Namco certainly seems to be stealing their idea. I'm really not concerned about the REMIX version being good or bad. I just want the original.

20. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

ouch.....$6 would be a bit much for me. I would wait if it were priced at that. And I am a huge galaga fan. I dunno. Maybe $2.99 and I would jump :)

(I say then now, yet I bought Crystal Defenders after I swore I would never buy it. And its one of my favs)