Bullet Skater goes FREE forever

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by BulletDev, Jun 15, 2011.

1. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    #1 BulletDev, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    You can go and download Bullet Skater for free, 100% ad-free. The game first circulated the TA community in late 2008 where I started the concept without any prior programming knowledge, aside from a little HTML. Bullet Skater was signed to be release with Chillingo a few months later, but the slow pace of the project left me to publish myself through "Bullet Development". Anyways, it's a bit rough on the edges but the love and labour is there. Tell me what you think.

I've got plans for a rethought version of the game with different game mechanics, which might see a Kickstarter campagin later in the year.

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/bullet-skater/id356490906?mt=8

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    You allready have a thread for the game here

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=47666

You created that thread and posted on it countless times. So you should not be making a new one. If its now Free forever then you should put that in your older thread instead of making a new one.

3. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    #3 BulletDev, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    That thread was discussing the initial release of the game in March '10. The topic of this thread is different then the game being released, it's about it being demoted to a free download.

I appreciate the punctuality and would agree with moving my post into the first thread, but there's no undoing it - and therefore no point nagging the thread starter!!!

Excuse my misguided rambling.

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Moved to Price Drops sub-forum.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for making this free, a move like that deserves kudos not petty banter. Good luck with the spinoff.

6. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    This image shows some of the ideas for the game's successor. There are tons of details to be gone over as it's a re-imagining of the Bullet Skater concept.

[​IMG]

My plan is to launch a Kickstarter project to raise funds in the summer, hopefully along with the support of TA.

For the time being - go and download v1.0 for free!

7. guywithanipad

guywithanipad Member

Jun 18, 2011
    played the game not bad but very beta-ish. ^^^ nice screenshot though. so he's not a skateboarder in the update?

8. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    in the next version I think the skateboarding angle will be scrapped. The current game isn't really true to skating anyhow. and yes you could definitely look at Bullet Skater as a tech demo/ beta!

thanks for the feedback