Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I agree.

Great game.

2. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Yes, I will PM you. Video might not be possible, but I can tell you that when the change occurs, I either get all "lets" or "faults." I have tried with some success holding the left button area while serving, and that at least allows me to get the ball over the net. However, I can only serve a normal serve -- no spin or placement.

Thanks for replying.

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Latest update is out, just a few important bug fixes..

Anyway, I want to start making a list for a big update ths summer (call it Season 2..) so if any of you have any thoughts as to what you'd like to see added, please let me know.

My current plans are :-
    Changes to the Career Rosters to introduce new challengers over seasons, with a "rival" system.
    Improved Arena graphics
    Some New AI to freshen up the matches
    Stuff to Spend extra stars / coins on : new outfits, special challenges you can enter
    A "Seniors" challenge mode, featuring a roster of characters "loosely" based on some famous old players from the 90s.
    Maybe some kind of timed event/competition system

4. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Hi Elton,

I was keen on checking the same device multiplayer feature. Sadly the game crashes right on the splash screen on both of my devices: iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.5 and iPad mini 4 running iOS 9.3.5. A deletion and reinstall didn't solve the problem. Greetings!

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1345 Uprising Elton, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Thanks for letting me know. Probably something in there requiring iOS10 that I've not handled properly. I'll check I've got an OS 9 device to test on and look into it.

EDIT - I've tested on my iPad mini, which I updated to 9.3.5. Game was working fine for me on that, so I've no idea what could be happening for you. I'll keep looking into it.

Did you play on a previous version and just take the update, or is this the first version you've installed?

6. lezrock

Mar 6, 2010

I allready played it month ago on both devices, so yes it was an updated version but After the crash came I tried to reinstal freshly on the iPad but it didn't solve the problem. On the iPhone it is still the updated version.

7. lezrock

Mar 6, 2010
    #1347 lezrock, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Really strange. Today I fired it up again on the iPad and it launches straight to the game. No crash. I will check back on the iPhone later, where still the "old" updated game sits. Ah and yesterday I had two mad cats controller (mini and regular) connected, which I did not have here right now. Maybe they caused the crash? I'll investigate more later on.

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1348 Uprising Elton, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Thanks for the extra information. Perhaps there's an issue with the timing of it detecting the controllers.. I've only got 1 joypad and it's always worked for me starting up with that connected, so I'll get hold of another and test around that area. Can you try just using the regular and mini controllers individually and see if it's caused by either one of them? Cheers!

9. lezrock

Mar 6, 2010
    Hey Elton,
    Now I got it. Each of the two mad catz controllers connected to my iPhone 6, iPad mini 4 & iPad mini 2 with iOS 9.3.5 let your game crash instantly. When there is no controller connected the game will boot normally to the start screen. So it's definitely an incompatibility happening. Hope that helps.

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1350 Uprising Elton, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Thanks for the update. I'll try and resolve as soon as possible! Does turning the controller on after the game is on the title screen help?

EDIT - I've just tested and ios 9.3.5 is crashing with a controller for me too. It's fine on iOS10 devices. I'll debug this now and see if I can fix in an update.

EDIT2 - I've found the cause and will get an update in this weekend to fix controller support for pre-iOS10 users!

11. lezrock

Mar 6, 2010
    #1351 lezrock, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Awesome! i'm really excited for this feature.
    Great and quick as a snake Elton. Thumbs-Up!

According your Question: No, turning the controller on after booting up the game to the title screen doesn't make a difference. it crashes immediately.

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Will be submitting an update to fix the iOS 9 and older Controller support tonight. This update will also have tutorials updated to show controller buttons, should you start the game with one.

Expect it to go live in a couple of days. Cheers!

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Update is out now!

14. tennisfan123

tennisfan123 New Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Uprising Team please get in touch

Hello,

Am an investor, great work on Tennis Champs - please get in touch to discuss an opportunity. Thanks.

Kay

15. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Not at all suspicious. #

16. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    How is the Nigerian weather? ;)

17. justelvis81

justelvis81 Active Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Having bought the game on iOS and android I'm now thinking of getting it for my amazon fire stick but just wondering how the controls work on it? any help would be great thanks.

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Sorry for late reply, been very busy.. The Amazon Fire ontrols have a few tweaks to improve the game on the remote, which is quite a difficult input device to get good gameplay on. I'm happy it gets the game playable, but it's probably not the best way to play the game if I'm being honest. Unless you've got a proper joypad controller, I'd stick with one of the other versions.

Also, I'm just planning what's going to go in a new update for the summer at the moment. Look out for more news on the "Tennis Champs : Season 2" update soon!

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Hello!

Been a bit of a while since there was an update, but after a busy year with a new addition to my family taking a lot of time, I'm now back in the swing of things!

Just finishing off a big refresh to Tennis Champs now, which will be out in a couple of weeks. I'll drop some more info later, with pics and news of what's changed.

I'm now also in the position of working on Uprising Games FULL TIME, after my day job unfortunately decided to make cuts. This is good news as it means I can make and release lots more lovely indie games, and hopefully become a sustainable business long term if all you people enjoy them! :) Cheers!

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1360 Uprising Elton, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Season 2 Update : Coming July 3rd!
    Icon1024.png

* New players on the tour! Boris, Stefan and Pete will offer a tough challenge and freshen things at the top of the rankings. Other top names might start to fade..

* A new rival who you'll meet as you play, who improves over time and also wants to be Number 1!

* Refreshed UI

* Improved Ball Physics, shot balancing, and AI. Doubles AI improved.

* Improved Dynamic difficulty, moving some of the "stiffening" to Pro Difficulty only.

* Touch-Tennis : A New touch control scheme minigame to play, where you can earn clothes and colours for your career players.

* New cusomisation options!