Universal Rogue Agent by Roguebox Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rogue, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    #1 Rogue, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016

You awaken in a strange yet familiar place. You must use stealth and intelligence to avoid capture from the enemy agents. You must escape every world. You must learn the truth.

[​IMG]

Touch Arcade had a look at a preview build. You can read the article at:
    http://toucharcade.com/2015/11/20/stealth-is-the-secret-to-survival-in-rogue-agent/

"An original stealth game with some pretty interesting mechanics" - Adrian Moore (designer - Framed)

Features:

+ 52 bite sized puzzling maps
    + Strange and creative gadgets such as the Scramble Suit, Sonic Mine, Recaller and Quick Clone
    + Minigames such as Hacking, Lockpicking and Wiring
    + Enemy Agent Variety: Guards can be upgraded with weapons or nightvision goggles
    + In-game replay system! Trim and share your replay videos on social media.
    + Leaderboards and Achievements

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi guys. We have just posted our first webisode that explains the gadgets in Rogue Agent. We will be posting more videos in the coming weeks revealing more of the game's features. Subscribe to this thread for new information (or follow us on social media)

3. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Roguebox Studios will be attending RTX Australia on January 23rd and 24th at Australian Technology Park in Sydney.

The plan is to have the game out on mobiles by then (fingers crossed) but if you are attending RTXAU then we would love for you to come by the booth and play some Rogue Agent on the big screen with either a Wii remote or an XBOX controller – you will be able to pick your favorite control style!

[​IMG]

4. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Will be keeping my eye on this.

5. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Do you like stealth games? Is there anything you are hoping to see in Rogue Agent?

I have just posted a new webisode about Rogue Agent's features. This week I talk about the different mini-games agents use to complete levels: Hacking, Wiring and Lockpicking!

6. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Stealth games are an interesting niche in video games. I haven't played too many but the concept of sneaking around and avoiding detection makes it a very different experience. I really like that this one has no kill gameplay. The idea of mini games is also a neat twist that opens up a much wider range of gameplay. The gadgets you've incorporated are really nice. I really like "recaller", it's kind of like time travel. The visual style of the game is also pretty cool. Let me know when you are ready for beta testing I'd like to participate. Thanks and good luck.

7. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia

In this week's video, I talk a little about the change in art style for Rogue Agent and why we decided to do it. (There is some early game footage to show you how different it was)

Next week I will be looking at how the controls work in Rogue Agent. Like always, if you have any questions about Roguebox Studios (or Rogue Agent), let me know in this thread :)

8. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    I was going through old screenshots of Rogue Agent and found some early prototype stuff. It is really interesting to see how the game radically changed but yet has elements still identifiable in the final game.

[​IMG]

9. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    I have updated the thread with a lot of new screenshots and some new information. If anybody has any questions I will be happy to answer them :)

10. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia

Hi guys, new video up where I talk about the controls used in Rogue Agent (and the failed control styles we tried - line drawing and following the finger). Like always, let me know if you have any questions. Also, we have started posting daily screenshots on Twitter and Instagram :)

11. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia

Hello! A new video is up where I elaborate on the enemies you will encounter in Rogue Agent. To give you an update on our progress, at the moment Rogue Agent is feature complete and we are just tightening the game up and adding the last few pieces of final art. We are on target for a mid January release.

12. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Release date is official: January 21st 2016 worldwide on the App Store and Google Play.

[​IMG]

Roguebox Studios is excited to announce Rogue Agent is coming to the App Store and Google Play on January 21st 2016. Follow us on twitter and like us on facebook for screenshots and news as we count down to release.

In Rogue Agent, you awaken in a strange yet familiar place. You must use stealth and intelligence to avoid capture from the enemy agents. You must escape every world. You must learn the truth. Read more about Rogue Agent on our website;

Still on the fence? We will be showing off Rogue Agent at RTXAU on January 23rd and 24th in Sydney - so stop by the booth and play Rogue Agent on the big screen (armed with a wiimote or an XBOX 360 controller - pick your favourite!).

Peter Anthony and Stephen Berg will be on hand to answer all your questions and give out prizes to the best agents.

13. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
  14. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Will there be a free version as well by chance?

15. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    For anyone wondering about the IAP, they are just to unlock stuff early.

So far I'm liking it. The controls are good. You tap to move somewhere and double tap to run. You sneak around the guards to collect various things such as keys, unlockables and gears that open gates. Unlockables so far include developer commentary and eventually, I presume, gadgets that help you out. The goal of each level may change as you progress but so far it has been to get to an exit.

You can also watch and share replays of your performance for each level. You are also timed in each level so there's some replay value in trying to beat your time.

That's all I have to report for now. I'm only on level 2.1 at the moment. I'll be playing more tonight and post anything else I discover.