RE4 or Commodore64??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gadm, Sep 7, 2009.

?

Which one?

1. Resident evil 4

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. Commodore 64

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. OTHER (post it) or music XD

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Credit just for one

2. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    #2 killy billy, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
    if you're into retro gaming i would def. take the commodore64
    especially because they're adding more games to it on a regular base, most free & some to buy.
    the first addon pack is this:

Commodore Sports Pack I
    - International Soccer
    - International Basketball
    - International Tennis
    - Le Mans

Price: FREE
    >Get it from AppStore soon!

link:http://c64.manomio.com/index.php/games

3. spider76

spider76 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    chef
    oxford
    not into resi but c64 is an app in developement so go 4 it u will kick yourself if u dont

4. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I'm a HC RE fan and as much as I would love to say RE4, i would go with C64 as everyone else

-skyye

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah RE4 is one of the best games of all time... but on GC/Wii/PS2. In this case I'd have to say C64 as well cause it has so much potential going for it right now.

6. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Resident Evil 4 has no relations to C64 o_O
    This is like asking "what is better, apples or cables?"...

7. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    *clears throat* they are both games :rolleyes:

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    ...and he only has enough money for one, so of course he needs to compare them otherwise how the hell will he know what to spend his money on?

9. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Well this is the general -game- discussions forum so I thought that would've been obvious -.-
    And you can't -compare- them since they're totally different games, in fact one is not just a -game-. You can compare RE4 to let's say Modern Combat or something, I don't see how the game can be -compared- to an emulator.
    If you like shooting games then RE4, if you don't then get C64?...

10. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Midian I will give you the honor to answer that

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    You can compare anything. If I have $5 and I can either buy food or a game, I'm gonna have to compare the two in order to work out which one I need/want/will enjoy most, and RE4... does not look like a cheeseburger.

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Y'know I would, but I just ate an entire pizza.

14. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    OK I compared this two cause I love shooting games, and only played RE5 on Xbox and really liked it, my friend borrowed RE4 for wii and is good also, but for my idevice which I find myself playing most of the time, RE4mobileedtion is 3 bucks, 3 bucks is so cheap for a game like RE4.. I think of all the work they put to make it for the idevice that 3 bucks seemed worth it for me.

I love retro games, I am 15 and also found myself playing the first mario, I bought an used NINTENDO NES and is wonderful, I wish this console titles where on market again XD, thats why I considered C64, there is also MEGA MAN II, but after reading some reviews here in TA (wonderful forums) I found C64 better made.

But thats why I put the third option guys, sorry If I didnt cleared myself before.

15. MunkieSuthorn

MunkieSuthorn Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    IT Manager
    Connecticut, USA
    What is this, tag-team posting?

btw... C64, it is an emulator, however it's purpose as a port on the iPhone is to play multiple games. The games themselves I am sure do not have the production value of RE4, however I believe you get (5) games with the emulator.

So what you are asking is...

Do I get a high production value game.

or

5 Lesser production value retro games with the possibility of many more in the future.

Take away the graphics and it all comes down to a virtual click, click, click, anyway.

Munkie!

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah, why not? :D

It's actually 9 or 10 now... they've released a game pack for free... it's either 4 or 5 games, I can't remember.

17. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

If you will get more money, C64 (to buy DLC) but if not get gangstar (RE4 Sucks in my opinion)

18. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Go for RE4 since it is on sale and will probably go up in price again. or go with option 3 and get Space Invaders Infinity Gene if you don't already have it.

19. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    RE 4 is the most satisfying purchase I made for $4. The content, the depth, the experience.. everything. Once you get used to the control, it's the best game you could get for $4 (note that I quite liked the control when trying RE: Dlite too).

Second place goes to Doom Resurrection and Iron Fist Boxing.

Touch KO and Zenonia are two huge disappointments. One has no depth at all while the other is terribly repetitive and all about grinding.

20. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    isn't it $3???