E.R.A TD Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Corey.G, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Corey.G

Corey.G Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    #1 Corey.G, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    Hey guys,

This is the place to talk about strategies in E.R.A, a unique TD that values gameplay the most. Ideas on improvements and future updates are also very welcome!

[​IMG]

★★★Basic Tips★★★

1. Always give attack priority to creeps with special skills by tapping them, such as Healers, Twiners, Stealth and so on. A blue marker should appear if it's selected as the top priority and only one enemy unit can be selected at the same time.

2. Selection of the Force (towers) is the key, and where to place them and when to upgrade are also important when facing a tricky level.

3. More tips are in the Strategy/Tips section in the game, really worthwhile to check it out.

Have attached some screenshots of a couple of levels:

Level 1-6 "What's Flickering"

And a gameplay video (of v1.0.2 the most difficult version) here : https://vimeo.com/48414298

This is a fixed path level where the Specter appears for the first time in Campaign, and you might need to sell the unnecessary Forces and replace them with T-Laser, the ultra-long range tower that's ideal in most Boss fights.

Level 2-4 The Invisibles

This is a quite interesting level, a combination of both open field and fixed path map, and one of the strategies we come up with is to sell/build Force in spot A/B in turns, trying to keep the creeps trapped inside the maze and thus giving more time to destroy them, any other strategy from you guys?

(Especially useful in V1.0.2 & 1.0.3, the rather difficult versions; the difficulty is reduced in v1.0.4.)

Attached Files:

2. Corey.G

Aug 25, 2012
    Hi folks, if you are stuck in a particular level, feel free to discuss it here ;)

3. JJay

JJay Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    3-4 Everything's on fire.

Hi. Im stuck on level 3-4 Everythings on fire. Please help!

4. Corey.G

Aug 25, 2012
    Hey, Im on mobile so I'll keep it brief, as for lv3-4, the trick is to destroy crystals ASAP so you have more room to build a larger maze.

I'll try to post a screenshot later on, FYI, difficulty has been toned down in v1.0.4.

5. Corey.G

Aug 25, 2012
    Screenshots of 3-4

Please check out the attached screenshots of level 3-4 as myself playing it.

First image indicates it's best to destroy the crystals first to gain advantage in the battle, more crystal, more interest, plus you get much more room to build a larger maze so the creeps are trapped.

Sometimes I even use Incite skill of Intelligent Hero to boost power of my Forces so they attack crystals more effectively, cool huh?

Second is just ONE OF THE WAYS to build your maze, and you might need to sell/build certain Forces in turns to be able to KEEP them trapped.

You guys are more than welcome to post your own strategy here.

I hope this inspired you rather than giving you a straight-forward answer, figuring out the strategy is IMO the best part of this game.

Attached Files:

• f1.jpg
      f1.jpg
      File size:
      255 KB
      Views:
    • f2.jpg
      f2.jpg
      File size:
      224 KB
      Views:
  6. Corey.G

Aug 25, 2012
    V1.0.4

Hi guys,

V1.0.4 is out now!

If you are running iOS6 on your iPad, it only takes less than 30 secs to update;)

If you were unable to continue Campaign in previous versions, please select "new game“ when tapping the center map in Campaign mode, everything should be fine and you won't lose any saved progress or Intrinsic Energy.

√ Difficulty for Casual Campaign is re-balanced;
    √ Leaderboards added for some challenging Campaign/Quickplay levels;
    √ Improved memory consumption, sound effects and game UI (You can use two finger tap to quickly pause/resume game).

Enjoy!

You can also visit our forum for strategy guide.

7. Corey.G

Aug 25, 2012
  8. clarence

clarence Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Hi guys im stuck at 2-3 can anyone help me? The flying stuff does me in everytime..

Also i have a few questions.
    Firstly the score in game does not match the score i receive after finishing the level. Whats the difference between the two? When i say the ingame score i am referring to the one at the top left hand corner while in the level.
    Secondly how do you get a "perfect" level? I have games where my energy source ended up with all 10 bars of health but it still didnt count towards my achievement and is not considered perfect. Must you stop all of the enemies from even touching the source?
    Lastly is it just me or can flying units be hit by absolutely nothing other than particle beams and the gauss thing? All my lasers dont seem to work :(

Oh and yeah i forgot to mention this is an awesome game and i am really surprised that the dev is so prompt to respond to complaints. Im really glad i bought this:)

9. Corey.G

Aug 25, 2012
    Hi clarence,

Sorry about the late reply, we are now mainly focused on our own forum, and I believe Amy has answered some of your questions already.

"Perfect" means your base must not take any hit AT ALL in V1.0.4, and we are planning to change it and make it easier to achieve it, in the upcoming update, as long as you have 10 full bars of HP, it's considered as a "Perfect" victory.

In-game score is used to calculate the final score, and we forgot to multiply the proper constant to show it correctly, thanks for letting us know :D

Flying units, yea, they can get quite annoying if you don't know what to do against them, and the Gauss Pyramid is NOT effective against it. As discussed in this thread:

[​IMG]

There are several ways to handle flying creeps.

A. Particle beam, not only it has 30% extra damage against flying enemies, its advanced ability “Circular” with emission of ultra-high-energy beam in all directions will cause fatal damage to ALL enemies within the range.

B. Hero, and their abilities of course.

C. Some advanced Forces’ abilities: Plasma Cannon’s Homing Missile, Lethal Shot of T-Laser, all this info can be found in Force Info section in the game.

D. Some special aerial units have unique shielding/attack skills, such as Revenge, Thunderstorm, Fission and so on, check out the Enemies wiki in the game for more details.

10. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #10 explosive, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    Here's screenshots i took of various levels :)

1-6

[​IMG]

2-1

[​IMG]

2-4

[​IMG]

2-5

[​IMG]

2-6

[​IMG]

3-2

[​IMG]