iFishing Saltwater Edition

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RPGGuy, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    #1 RPGGuy, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
    Desc:

iFishing Saltwater Edition is a spinoff from the wildly popular iFishing freshwater fishing simulation (over 130,000 copies sold). Now you can go fishing in the ocean and catch a wide variety of saltwater species, including blue marlin, sharks, and tuna.

Features:

* Unique Create a photo feature lets you superimpose your catch over an existing photo on your device and email it to your friends for bragging rights.

* 10 tournaments with unlockable locations will keep you playing for a long time

* Variety of lures with different actions (jigs, topwater, spoons, divers)

* Many species of saltwater fish to catch (blue marlin, swordfish, bluefin tuna, sharks, greater amberjack, red snapper, goliath grouper, barracuda, false albacore, flaming angel, knobbed porgy, nassau grouper, mackerel, permit, pompano, roosterfish, and tarpon

* Use the iphone's accelerometer to cast, jig, aim your lure, and fight fish.

* Exciting fish fights while keeping the line tension in check, even see them jump!

* Use the fish finder and drive your boat to seek out the best places to fish

* Advanced fish AI, including schooling behavior, lure preferences, and hotspots based on structure such as dropoffs, weeds, reefs, and logs

* Practice, Tournament modes, Fish a photo, and multiplayer modes

* Day/night cycle and relaxing ocean ambient sounds

* Trophy room to keep track of your biggest fish ever caught.

* Fishing guide gives you audible advice and encouragement!

* Multiplayer Tournaments against a friend over Wifi

Visit www.RockingPocketGames.com for more information.

[hqyoutube]c3lfS-4On8Q[/hqyoutube]

iFishing Saltwater Edition is available now for $2.99.
    iTunes Link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317926606&mt=8

2. Hi there!! Well this is a surprise. I seem to remember you saying you didn't want to go into this area because you hadn't fished this way yourself- have you tried saltwater fishing now then? It looks like you have done plenty of research on types of fish and bait anyway. The game looks just as polished as the first iFishing, and I like the music and menus. The one thing I am not so keen on, if you want a little constructive criticism, is the hat on the mans head- it doesn't look like it is sitting right. I know you could say it is meant to not be sitting right, as the guy is on his hol's, but it really does look like you added the hat onto him, and doesn't look like it is actually on his head. Look at the attached pics. The first one is a grab from your video as it is now. The second is one I edited, to make the hat a little smaller and slightly more centred on his head. I think it look all the better for such a small edit. What do you think?
    To say that's the only thing I can pick on is a testament to how good the game is looking otherwise. And if it plays as well as the first game, it should be worth getting. My main concern is just that though- is it going to be too similar in gameplay to the first?

Attached Files:

3. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    The game is a bit different than the first because you start out at the dock by the beach and have to venture out into the big ocean to find fish. It also has a series of images from dusk to dawn that are shown instead of specific areas on a lake in the old one. The fish are a lot bigger and there is more variety.

The gameplay is the same, but the graphics, sounds, maps, fish types and lures are new.

4. Sounds great. Might just pick this one up.
    How quickly does it cycle through dusk/day/dawn?
    What do you think of the hat pick comparison above?

5. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Sounds great RPGGuy, will pick this one up! I agree your photoshopping effort is great, but I thought the original version was purposely meant to be a nod to the original version...

6. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    sounds like a good idea, but you should really add squid or octopus!!! that would be awesome:D

7. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Yeah the guy dressed up is supposed to be comical so I don't mind if it looks fake. The dawn/dusk cycle varies to match the length of the tournament you're in.

8. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    It's out!