Universal Knights of Pen & Paper - (by Behold Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 31, 2012.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Gang,

A little confused about the Arena mode. I see the one 15th level Quest and am not sure if that is the usual friendly reminder that I should BE 15th level or so before starting (you must be this tall to ride this ride) or just a reminder of the level of the end encounter and that, as it is a big quest, I might get near that level by the end anyways.

2. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    It's the final encounter level. You should be much lower than that when you start it.

Incidentally, I heard it was supposed to be a leaderboard-type mode, but I don't see leaderboards for it? I don't know if my time is good or not, haha.

3. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    the leaderboards are only for iOS. It's kind of a challenge mode. :)

4. PeterJames

PeterJames Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I changed my team again. I had the set up that the guy had in the video he posted of him beating the final boss. I did that for a bit until I felt it wasn't giving me the results I wanted. I switched out the warrior for the knight, and swapped the bard for a cleric. The cleric being able to drop the enemy's attack is very very useful, and makes defeating 7 harder enemies a breeze.

5. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    is there some reason why you feel the need to tell people this on a public forum and ruin the game for people? im just curious what that is that makes people post stuff like this.

6. iJoashFoo

iJoashFoo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    I don't really see what's wrong with his post-he was merely posting updates on his team that would be better for farming exp as he claims, who knows that type of info may be beneficial to some people? The game has come out for quite a while in any case- it's not like he is spoiling the story (or what's of it) to any new adopters, just giving out his opinion on the best team.

7. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Is there some reason you would go on a forum to talk about a game that you don't want spoiled? Not that he actually spoiled anything--I can't find any plot details or statements about some outcome that a person wouldn't expect.

I'm merely curious why you would take it out on him for wanting it both ways--to talk about a game you haven't played in depth, and yet not read anything about it because you feel it ruins your experience.

8. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    This is a GAME? I thought this was a photo editing utility! Why would you ruin that for me! THANKS ALOT what is WRONG with people???!

9. Ajohnson1

Ajohnson1 Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    wow, someone's sensitive today.... :rolleyes:

10. secreto

secreto New Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Afew questions need answering if you have the time please?.

I have been playing this game for a few days I love it and it is very addictive. Can anyone please answer any of my questions?

1. How do you increase Magic Points for each character?
    2. Why is it that on a video on YT it shows a warrior with Magic Points of 193 when I am on level 21 with no more than 50+ ?
    3. What are Critical Points for?
    4. When an object says that it will give you +% goodies what does that mean?
    5. What is the easiest way to farm gold?
    6. How do you increase luck points?
    7. Is there an FAQ guide for this game or a basic set of instructions anywhere?

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I see nothing wrong with his post, actually I liked the information as I enjoy seeing what teams people are running and what is working for them...

12. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    1) Base stats are raised every time you level up. You can raise your characters' stats buying items or finding them thru battles/quests.
    2) I believe you've seen the last video posted here on the thread? That's the very last battle available in game and his warrior is fully geared with extra hp/mp.
    3) Critical chance is the chance you deal twice the damage you're suppose to deal.
    4) There are two tabs on the Shop interface that have different items that you can buy to your table and they are consumed by time, so +% goodies means extra time for these items that you can buy, example: pizza/coffee/etc.
    5) A few pages ago someone posted a very easy way to farm gold. So you might wanna take a look. There are lots of ways to farm.
    6) Luck points are increased by time. We're probably going to change that for a more interesting way in later updates.
    7) There isn't a FAQ made by us or tutorial or anything like that BUT there's a pretty interesting wiki that will definitely help you out.

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So how goes work on a patch to fix poor Mr. Paladin? ;)

14. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I bought this game and I really wanted to like it, but it is just too repetitive and dull just fighting the same stuff over and over with no REAL context or plot. Even a basic map for each encounter would go miles toward making it actually feel like you are old school table top gaming. But as it is, this game is just too minimalistic for my tastes, and I enjoy "8-bit" inspired games as much as anyone.

15. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    we had some problems with the update. we're currently uploading it today again.

16. PeterJames

Feb 28, 2012
    It's funny, because I love how this game requires me to grind. I guess it is repetitive, but that isn't a bad thing for me. I love grinding. All games need more grinding!

17. PeterJames

Feb 28, 2012
    What are people's levels at?

I have

Mage, 44
    Paladin, 20
    Shaman, 39
    Hunter, 41
    Cleric, 26

I am kinda bummed that at certain levels skills aren't as fun to get up when it takes forever to level up, only to be able to raise attack by .15

That's ok though! Still happy!

18. Emperorwendy

Emperorwendy New Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Hi,

I am sort of trapped for that quest where I am suppose to go to the Goblin's den but I cant figure out how to get there. Am i suppose to have all my characters at level 15 before I can get there? Cause i just bought a new character and is only level 8 though the rest are above 20...
    From the map it seems Sands of time dessert and den of devil are nearest but both places didnt give me option to get to goblins.

19. PeterJames

Feb 28, 2012
    Go to sunset village which is north of default village, then you can get there.

20. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil

you can reach the goblin's hideout when you reach the sunset castle.