Universal Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheMerc, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    There is a lot of praise for this game but it's kind of rough in my book.

It crashes frequently on my iPad Air. I had gems disappear (and you should be able to earn more than chips in battles, it will take forever to get a shard.) the stat increases don't match. I have 2, +240 explosion items on Caiera and she has about 6000 total attack. Similar with horse head. Healers should be able to select to heal themselves. Moving a healer is difficult because your line snaps to another character to heal instead. Hopefully these issues get addressed.

2. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    This game is completely unplayable for me. iOS 7.12 on iPad mini. Controls are unresponsive and game keeps crashing before I can finish a stage. Managed to make it to the second "world" but gonna put it on hold until these bugs get ironed out.

3. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    #63 hbernritter, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    I need some help, I am on the last level/boss and I am getting handed over and over. I have Starlord, Rocket Raccoon and Drax at level 30 and Groot at 29 and I'm getting one shotted by the first boss and if I make it to the next boss its with so little health I get destroyed instantly but isn't 30 max level?

4. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Instead of Groot, put Mantis (preferrably levelled up to 30) on your team, since her healing powers are more effective than Groot's (Star-Lord also has a rather effective healing special move). Also, I personally would switch Drax with Yondu, since I believe, in the final stage, ranged attacks are much more effective than melee (Ronan can kill most anyone with one hit, so it would be advisable that you keep your distance when he pops up). Also, ensure that your team is properly equipped with ISO/equipment and that their respective weapons are levelled up to the max (this point can really make a difference).

I can't really offer much advice on how to beat Ronan, but I can say this: be sure to move your team down a few inches when the level starts (so as to avoid those electric beams that frequently pop up) and target Nebula with Star-Lord and Rocket as soon as she appears (preferrably without giving her time to set up that one-shot killshot she often does). Hope I could help!

5. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    I'll give it a shot! thanks!

6. justcallmedewey

justcallmedewey Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Lots of crashes (iPhone 5) and poor controls lost this game for me. Otherwise, cool art, good story and the right amount of Marvel fan service

7. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Similar experience on 5S, 8.0.2. I believe it's a memory leak causing all the crashing. I've been shutting down the app every few battles or so and that seems to help. But it is stuttery sometimes none-the-less. If they can work out the kinks, there's a great game here.

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It worked fine on my 5S with iOS 7.0.4. I played it for quite a while before deleting it to free up that gig of space. Maybe it's an iOS 8 issue?

9. chadwerd

chadwerd Member

Oct 16, 2012
    #70 chadwerd, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Having trouble beating the last level? I have the ultimate work around. Have Starlord in your party and make sure he's at least level 30. Use all of your shield generator buffs in his skill tree. Right before you get wiped, activate the shield generator. You will die, but when you restart the level the shield generator will still be active! Starlord is invulnerable in the shield generator so stay within the confines of it. If you successfully activated it at the end of the previous attempt it won't go away as long as you keep activating it before the timer runs out! You can reactivate the shield while it's still active to reset its timer. Make sense? Took me a while to figure it out. (Using Starlord's health buff in the last battle will cause the game to crash every single time. If you use my strategy though you won't need to worry about health.) Don't even worry about your other party members.

10. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    If you delete and reinstall, will it save your progress?

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It didn't for me. Just reinstalled it to play while watching the film again.

12. Mintslap

Mintslap Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Not available in the Middle East wth.

13. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    They took the app down for everyone.

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Super disappointing that some of the best games that are premium end up getting the least sales or attention. This is a great game, and I'm glad I've still got it on my device! It is showing up in my purchase history thankfully.

15. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Yeah, but it doesn't seem to work anymore... I redownloaded it and launched it and it just says 404...

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Guess it had worked for me because I had downloaded the game already. It was one of those that you had to download after you downloaded it. That sucks that it was done that way and is now useless to those who don't already have it.

17. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Yeah... what a pity...