Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Aww :( My sympathy. My first Bloom was tough, too. Weird to read about all the easy successes, isn't it? So hang in there, it'll happen.. and best wishes for an easy second! I'm still trying! Just finished two more Storm fails and now there's a Lichen on the way.

My daughter got her two Blooms with Lichen/Storm, that's the only other known combo I can think of that you may not have tried? But that said, Lichen/Storm hasn't worked for me. I've even tried using my only Bloom with other types but no good.

Happy Easter/Passover all!

2. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Happy Easter everyone /Passover

3. Idoctor

Idoctor Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloom

Bred reindeer and storm (in that order) in the EBI and have gotten four blooms so far in about twelve tries. Fails have been storm, lichen, and cactus. All pretty painless. Hope this helps.

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aww, really sad to read your post Adaecia :(
    Really empathize with you cause it can be so tough at times especially when others already have one and often two.......

I was ‘unusually' really lucky with this bloom....storm/plant really did work
    extremely well for me, I certainly don't take these times for granted though.

Wish I could offer up a new combo, but as Aly said....sometimes using brand new dragons, feeding them up then breeding them can work really well.
    For me using plant/storm, then reversing the order next time (both lvl 10 was successful).....

You may have already been on here, but if not...here's the dragon wiki link for bloom....maybe having a read through others comments etc may help

http://dragonvale.wikia.com/wiki/Bloom_Dragon

Really hope you get your bloom soon....sending buckets of good luck wishes ;)

5. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Great this combo worked so well for you :)
    Disaster for me.....fifth try was a 48 hr timer (moon no 4)
    Just goes to show how some combos ‘just work' so well for some and not others...this one really is your mojo combo :D

6. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Whoa, go Andy!!! Big thumbs up :D
    I can't breed to sell quick enough haha....my best effort is 21 lvl 15 fire dragons....so still got a long way to got...but chipping away and I know I could do better but reluctant to sell more habitats to accommodate high level earners.
    So....this is the price I must pay....enjoying my snail pace journey though ;)

7. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I am at snail pace too I am still trying to get to level 30. I had a hard time with bloom I did not want to start spending all my gems like I did with Leap year so I purchased the first Bloom and than I did plant and storm about two times and I had another one. I do not know how some people can get one on the first try the only one I got on the first try was rainbow. It was a shock all the rest it has taken forever. They really need to give has more to do. I was hoping for more Easter stuff. Oh will Happy Easter Good Luck everyone with the Bloom Dragon.

8. Mmclowes

Mmclowes Active Member

Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    I love this forum .... Happy Easter/Passover to all!

9. Adaecia

Adaecia Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Thanks for the advice, if it disappears before I get one it'll be the first I've missed! My 6yr old said this morning 'when you do get it Mum you should call it Blooming 'cause you keep saying this blooming game'! I can think of many things I have also been calling this game when not in her presence!

10. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    just put my 2nd bloom in the nursery boo ya! back to PanLongs :D

11. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Easter day success for me! Yay! Bloomin' Bloom #2 - on the way finally! EBI Plant 10/ Storm 11.

12. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hello my forum friends...I have been out of town and have finally gotten caught up on this thread! I have managed to get 2 Blooms, I got them both in the EBC with the same pair of plant + storm both lvl 10 (with many fails before and after!) So to those who have yet to succeed...keep trying. My daughter needed to level up a new pair and reverse the combo in order to get her second. All were level 10 dragons, first was plant + storm, second was with storm + plant.
    Happy Easter and Happy Passover everyone!

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hopefully it will be around for a while...like clover was and you will still have time to breed it, fingers crossed ;)
    Your daughter is very perceptive....I renamed my first Sandstorm ‘Thorn' cause it literally took months and months to get and I related it to a thorn in my side....my second one was also becoming a huge pain until a lovely forum member suggested I try her combo and it worked first time, so that one was named after her :)

Looking forward to your post telling us all you have your bloomin bloom breeding

14. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    @ Foxy......yaya, good stuff....finally done and dusted, now you can sit back and enjoy the moment, good on you for persevering....

@ Hooked....
    Hey, welcome back!
    Great to hear you got your blooms as well....your perseverance also paid off.

My Easter wish is for Adaecia and anyone else still trying for their bloom......to have theirs breeding before Easter finishes....

Happy belated Easter to all :)

15. darren12

darren12 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Just got 2 blooms in a row in EBI after a 48 hr in my normal one. Used lvl 15 cactus and lvl 10 storm. Gl and happy easter

16. Adaecia

Adaecia Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Yay, I FINALLY have 1 bloomin bloom in my nursery, but trying to get a second one has now landed with 2 48hr waits, so both my EBI and cave are tied up! Normally I would be over the moon but now I am just fed up!

Girlpower: I remember you're struggle for Thorn very well, I only got my sandstorm two days before Thorn finally arrived. At least I now have one even I don't manage to get a second one!

17. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Good stuff Darren...congrats to you :D

18. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aww that has made my day, so happy for you :D
    Doing a little happy dance here.....you so deserve this success Adaecia ;)

Eek 2 x 48 hr timers is a real pain....do you still need any rares?

But I reckon you will still have time to try for your second bloom....sending positive vibes your way....so good that you got one on its way now, yay

19. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    YAAAAY! Congrats Adaecia, finally! :) Hoping for that second one soon. Well, after the 48 h waits of course. Isn't it weird how disappointed we get now when we get 48 h breedings?!?:p

20. Adaecia

Adaecia Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    @Girlpower no I don't need rares, was feeling v. proud of myself for having at least one of each before Bloom! Serves me right!