TriBlaster for iOS Universal / Upcoming Shoot-em-up

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iandunlop_oeFun, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Still looking great! Any update on an ETA?

2. iandunlop_oeFun

iandunlop_oeFun Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX
    ETA is for March 20th.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Sweet, March 20th is gonna be a good week

4. iandunlop_oeFun

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX
    TriBlaster3

It's been a while since I've had anything to say about TriBlaster. Two pieces of good news - I've now resumed publishing duties on my game and I have a fairly large update coming in the next week or two. Currently it's pending a review in the Apple App Store and I'll follow up with the Android and Steam versions later in the month.

So... what happened to TriBlaster2? A while back I was asked by the publisher (at that time BulkyPix) to make a unique version for the Nvidia Shield. That was called TriBlaster Remix. I'm not exactly sure what happened but that got released in the Google play store and could be downloaded for all compatible android devices. Unfortunately that was never my intention as it was built just for Nvidia Shield.

So, rather than cause confusion I wanted to get iOS, Android and Steam all on the same version - hence the name TriBlaster3.

TriBlaster3 Features:

- Updated branding
    - Start new game where you left off.
    - Updated gameplay mechanics (requires more skill to play)
    - Remastered levels (updates and re-ordering)
    - Added shot speed power up
    - Added smart bomb weapon
    - Improved aesthetic of "glowing" lines
    - Improved enemy scoring attract demo

[​IMG]

To celebrate the impending release on iOS; I’ve lowered the price. Keep in mind that this link is for the original TriBlaster. However, if you purchase this now you’ll get the update to TriBlaster3 as soon as it goes live.

[​IMG]http://itunes.com/apps/oefuninc/triblaster

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi,

What did you lower the price to? It shows $3 on the AppStore. If I buy it will it just be a regular update and change the branding and all that or will it be a completely different install?

Have you worked on more control options? I had it originally on Android and I remember having a hard time with the controls. I'm a tempest nut! Hehe

Billy

6. iandunlop_oeFun

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX
    HI Billy, the price went from $3.99 -> $2.99. The new version will be a free update to the existing TriBlaster; so it will overwrite any current install of the original. If you played TriBlaster: Remix on the android then TriBlaster3 will feel familiar yet different. I made a lot of adjustments / changes since the remix version.

I didn't tweak the touch control as it works well (although there are many improvements to the way the game plays). However, on Android given the many different devices there are, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it didn't work well on some android devices.

Let me know what you think of TriBlaster3 once it goes live. Thanks!

7. iandunlop_oeFun

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX