The TribeZ (game play discussion)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by girlpower, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Mishmad

Mishmad Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Wales
    Newbie here

Hi all,

He you don't mind me joining in. I've been playing this game for a few weeks now and just got to the second island. Got to admit its sooooo addictive. It's the last thing I do at night and the first thing I do when I get up in the morning.

As I've said I've just got to the first island, bit daunting as you only take money with you and you have to start from scratch, no problem with that but the new things you build takes hours rather than minutes like the first island. My problem is that it won't let mego back to the first island. I've even got a quest to go back but when I go to the maps page it won't let me click on the island.

Does anyone know if I need to have certain things build or something to go back, it's driving me mad!

Any help would be appreciated and if I can help anyone at all I will.

Cheers

2. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi there, it's good to have new people joining in!!

I see a couple of other people on here today have been having the same problem as you and someone has suggested re-booting? Personally I haven't ever had any problems switching between islands and I have all 3 now.

Perhaps it's worth sending an email to the developers?

Good luck and hope you get it sorted ASAP as its a great, and very addictive game! :D

3. Mishmad

Mishmad Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Wales
    Hi,

Thanks for replying. I did email the developers earlier but they are never quick to reply that sway I asked you guys, and reading the threads it nice to join the Tribez 'community' :)

I've just started the pig farm, it maybe that I have to have that first. I did (as others have done :-|) clear the ground and therefore used up my food and lost all the things that come from the chest too. I'm going to build some more warehouses as soon as i can.

I'll try rebooting ow and see if it works.

Thanks

4. Mishmad

Mishmad Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Wales
    Rebooting the iPad worked, thank you.

Anything I can help you with please let me know :):):)

5. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Sweet! Glad the rebooting helped. It's amazing how many app issues are fixed with a reboot.

6. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #66 girlpower, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    Have started from scratch

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, sadly I deleted the app and started all over again :(
    Wasn't easy to go from nearly lvl 23 to 0 but wasnt prepared to buy all those gems either......feel like the real newbie now :)

Hopefully this time round more wiser with my game play?

Welcome to the new posters....really great to see more coming on board and catching up with all your news.

I hope Rothgarr's suggestion to reboot your iPads has worked for all of you now?
    It really does help alright...another thing is to restart or reboot the app (this also works).

Thanks for that big piece of advise Jazbo.....see that will teach you not to be in such a rush.....funny thing, before I deleted my app, I installed the app on hubby's iPad, did a bit of building then deleted it app then reinstalled it with the hope that it would save my data as Dragonvale does...(nope) it did save my achievements and ranking in GC.

But my lightbulb moment came whilst mucking around with clearing.......
    I realized that any fruit, wood supplies from the apple trees just went into thin air if the storehouse was already full....which as you all know it doesn't initially hold much anyway...

The second thing was not to be too quick to upgrade, build new stuff but to wait for the quest asking me to do so....this way I dont intially end up with more than maybe needed...(not talking huts, houses...as three of each
    is max)

@ Jazbo, thanks for the screen shots....wow very impressive and stuff Ii haven't yet seen....so much to look forward to as I progress. Made me nervous to see how close you had stuff by your plane crash? :eek:

I still can't explain how just placing my Dino Lair to the back of this site and hitting the green okay tick could make my plane dissappear into thin air then???

Anyway, as usual this is another long post from me :p
    Sorry bout that ;)

7. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Bummer that you had to start the game over, GP, but in the long run it's probably for the best.

Does anyone know if there's a way to "cancel" an order? For example, there have been times where I accidentally told a little dude to chop down a huge tree when I didn't really mean to. I wish there was a way to cancel my order.

Or at least a way to replant the giant trees... like if one of the crops you could grow were some sort of seedlings...

8. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Rothgarr :D
    Now that it's done, I am moving forward with renewed vigor and enjoying my journey.....fingers crossed this crashed plane isn't a Houdini :rolleyes:

That's a good point about incorporating a cancel deletion button...and a great idea about growing tree seedlings....a suggestion would be that you could always send an email to the TribeZ game support with your ideas?

What level are you on now? I am currently lvl 13....hehe, do you remember back that far?

9. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    I just hit level 34. I'm about an hour from starting my main building upgrade to level 8 on island 2 so that I can start accumulating marble. I think that's when it'll let me go to the third island. So I estimate I'll be hitting island 3 before the weekend is over...

I'm close to 550k in both xp and coins...

I wish there was some sort of online multiplayer gameplay element similar to that game Fleck Touch (another game that had me so incredibly sucked in).

10. Mishmad

Mishmad Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Wales
    Do you guy generally buy the coins and diamonds? I've got this far without buying but this second island is proving really slow.

11. Epsi

Epsi Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Hey all, just hit the 3rd island. BUT.. I think I have found a bug -.-

Every time I go back to the 2nd island it kinda resets itself... I collect all the resources/cash from buildings, then start them again, go away from the island and return and it all resets, as if I never collected anything.. Doesn't really effect anything else tho, just the second island. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or know of a fix?

Mishmad, not sure if anyone else buys cash but I found that once I had done all the quests on the first island, it became a place just for making money. I have 6 fortune places and 4 trading posts and they give me more than enough money to do anything. Currently I have just over a million hitting the 3rd island.

WTG Girlpower, must be horrid to restart, but I suppose it's better than sitting around and waiting for a fix or spending a lot of real life money on jewels :/

And finally Rothgar, I'm sure there is no way (currently) to cancel something like that, it's a shame really because I have done that a few times :(

12. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    I haven't. I'm about to hop over o the third island and I haven't purchased anything...

13. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Yes, I have that same problem with the second island to, thought I was going mad at first!! Luckily I had finished all the quests on the second island so its not affecting my game, but it is a bit annoying!

14. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #74 girlpower, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    New update

Hi everyone,

Have you all downloaded the latest update?
    Heaps of new achievement awards and more decorations.
    Not sure how the achievements will effect those of you who are very advanced in the game as much of the stuff you will already have or have done?

As for me, probably won't be an issue....now on lvl 16 so getting there :)

Maybe that issue with Island two resetting itself may be fixed with this update?
    Hmm, if I had waited two more days before deleting my original app, it would have been interesting to see if my missing plane reappeared....my new name for this is ‘GHOST PLANE' :D (now you see it, now you dont)

@ Epsi...thanks for your kind thoughts....wasn't easy but I am back on track now and have just expanded into that area again....treading very warily around my Ghost plane though ;)

@ Mishmad...no I haven't brought any coins nor do I intend to.....I am finally learning to be patient....not normally my strong point :rolleyes:

@ Rothgarr, Epsi, Jazbo.....you are all doing so well with your game play....think I will like Island 3 better than 2, although I have only seen Jazbo's screen shot.....do any of you have a favorite?

15. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Thanks for the head's up about the new version, GP!

Yeah, it looks like loads of new achievements. Oddly, I only see then in game and not in GameCenter...

New island, new features, etc.

My quests appear to have updated as well. I finished all quests on the first island but now I have a new quest. But on the second island I got a quest to unlock the territory where the ruins are. But I already did that! (in fact I'm almost done with the second island...) So I have no idea how I'm going to get rid of that...

16. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Yes, I updated this morning as soon as I saw it in the app store! very excitied and brilliant to see a new island! It's sorted out the problem with the second island as well which was good, although I to have been given the quest to expand down to the ruin on the second island but I've already done it??? Everything else seems ok though.

Glad you're treading carefully round your plane this time!! Learn this lesson well as you've got a ship and a UFO to come!! And whatever is on the fourth island of course! 3rd island is definitely my favourite so far, but then I'm a sucker for golden sand and palm trees.......:D

17. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    App won't load :(

So yesterday the game would shut down every time I tried to go to Marble Fiord. So I downloaded the update and now the app won't open at all. It gets stuck at 93% and jumps back to my iPad home screen.

I contacted support and they said they are working to fix he issue but I am in serious withdrawal in the meantime! Anyone else having this issue?

18. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Mine is working fine at the moment, touch wood!!! Dragon vale is a different matter though! Haven't been able to get in there for a couple of hours!! The virus is spreading............. :(

19. Epsi

Epsi Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Awesome update, finally something to look forward too. Gotta say I was losing a little bit of interest as I had just reached the last island, but now something to look forward too.

Although, I think I have completed most of the quests levelling, but anyway something else to do. Seems to only have tracked a few, like hours ingame etc. But not moving buildings and others.

Was there a quest that opened on the first island for anyone apart from the build that different road? I have built decoration items and buildings everywhere so was thinking if a building like on the second island opened up?

And I'm the same as you about the statue and buying the piece of land Jaz, seems a little broke.. And Girlpower, my favourite island is the first I think, have put the most effort into it and I think I have made it look nice, would post a screenshot but posting on the forums is about as technical as I get lol

Ehehehehehe Ghost Plane!

20. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi there and welcome :)
    Have you tried to reboot your iPad? As Rothgarr posted earlier in this thread this usually works and did so for a couple of other posters on here.
    Even rebooting the app often works too....let us know if this works, fingers crossed for you ;)

This seems to be supports standard reply (I have also got the same with a different issue)

@Jazbo, I had the same issue, just posted about it in DV thread