Romance of the Three Kingdoms Touch: Is it worth 10$?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Somerandomdude, Nov 14, 2009.

?

Is RTK Touch worth getting at the current price of $10?

1. Yes, the game is awesome.

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Only if you really are into strategy games.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. No, way overpriced for a game like this.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I've been looking at this one alot lately. I like strategy games and the level of depth in this one just looks outstanding. I have the 1st and 3rd ones on my laptop that I'm going to give a shot later to see how much I like the series. It's just that $10.00 is alot of money on the appstore and I want to make sure it's an outstanding game before buying.

2. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
    no
    no no no

3. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

#3 Aurora, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
    Care to explain why? Or are you just too busy playing no-brainer games like Rolando or Mario? I'm willing to bet you've never even played RTK before.

To answer the question, RTK is arguably the only quality turn-based strategy in the store, that offers decent challenge, storyline, and content. $10 is definitely worth it.
    But like all $10 games, wait for a demo or something before buying it. The game might be a bit too complex for some, and requires some knowledge of the history of that era to succeed.

4. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I agree. Don't listen to kijib, he hasn't played any substantial games in the App Store whatsoever.

5. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    It's totally worth it. You just can't find games that in-depth and strategically-dependent these days on the app store.

6. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I am also thinking to get this game but the showstopper is you will lose all progress interruped by a phone call. You need to save frequently. I am also hoping for a price drop soon given the current AppStore trend.

7. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I agree with you, RTK is a phenomenal game! And I do tend to respect your opinion on certain topics. But I don't understand why you always throw Mario/Sonic/Rolando under the bus... It's obvious you don't like them... but millions of people do. if you don't like platformers fine, but at least provide disclosure and inform people of your taste/

Your insight will be much more helpful and appreciated if you don't constantly take digs at popular favorites.

just my opinion.

8. ufogeek

ufogeek Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    From what I have read, the iPhone version lacks several features from the classic RTK games. So I will say hold back the purchase, especially with Rogue Planet and Wesnoth coming.

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to hold off a bit in hopes of a price drop or a lite version just in case I find it's too much for on the go. There's other games I've been wanting to get and I want to make sure I can get those first.