The creeps --- "a sticky situation"

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by shigure14, Dec 3, 2009.

1. shigure14

shigure14 Member

Dec 3, 2009
    guys.... i have exhausted every possible avenue in beating this level.. it is too hard.. i cant do ti anymore.. i have beaten each and every level on hard mode with all the gold star, but i jsut cant seem to figure out the strategy for this map ( the sticky situation).. no glue and jsut one bloody spider.. how do u do it. how do u get the gold star for this. big bosses comes on level 40, 45 and 50. there's practically no time to replenish the spider. and u cant sell and rebuy them.. HELP ME!!! thanks alot.:)

2. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    omg...me too. I've asked several times and there still is no definitive answer. I have other problem levels too. I even emailed the dev. Nothing. I cry :'(

3. Sardonicus

Sardonicus New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Focus on putting defenses in the center

Start by putting a boomerang in the bottom center, along the path. The focus should be on concentrating defenses (mostly boomerangs) in the middle of the screen. If you concentrate your defenses on the right-hand side of the screen, your boomerangs will a) have to chase after creeps and b) won't get enough activity because the creeps will be out of range much of the time. You will need the spider, so don't sell it, otherwise you'll never be able to slow down and beat the bosses, who you should be able to pummel on the bottom part of the path (in the middle and bottom left, mostly). I try to get three boomerangs together below the bottom path and, in between levels, target rocks, trees, etc., so that I get extra money. You'll also need to get three or four lasers (or flashlights) into the bottom section where the big rock is (thus, you'll have to blast that away). This way they can rotate about and have creeps within range as much as possible (since the path wraps around that section).

I've got an image, if you're interested. I can't seem to attach it. Anyone know how to do that? I'm new to this forum thing.

4. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Why so curious?
    Just type in the web address between . :)

5. Sardonicus

Sardonicus New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Still not sure how to attach an image.

The picture's on my computer. Isn't there some sort of "browse and embed" functionality. I need specifics. Thanks.

6. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I am in that level and having lots of problems too. 1 thing that helps is to use the spider near the end of wave 39 to stop the boss in the 40 and use again the spider in 45 and sometimes in 50 too. That's the best way I know to win on that level. I did that but 1 miserable creep ruined my victory but I'm still trying...
    Good luck

7. uSuxors

uSuxors Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I had to try it probably over 100 times before I beat it

8. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Yes it's the survival hardest level. I just beated it for the first time but I had to try like 100 times too. I used the spider at half 39 wave, at 45 and 50. In the 50 for the boss I sold the bumerangs and spent the money in flashlights

9. PhagoCychotic

Mar 22, 2009
    I swear to god I played Sticky Situation almost 200 times and I still can't get the scores I want!

Thank you, Sardonicus, I will try that.

10. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    #10 Phantom X, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    Sticky Situation (On Hard)

The trick to this level is towards the end. Here is one way to get through it with a decent score:

1)Get a set-up by level 39 like pictured in the 1st attached pic (There is only one boomerang- full power)
    2)Use the Spider when you have 5 creeps left on level 39. Don't slow the creeps with the spider just move him under the door. You will have just enough juice left to slow the boss in level 40 (Again don't slow the creeps...just wait until the boss comes and slow him down).
    3)Use the spider on level 45 AS SOON AS YOU CAN. Don't wait at all.
    4)On level 48, your set-up should look like the 2nd attached picture. Don't add anything before level 48! You need to drag each level out as long as possible so the spider has more time to charge.
    5)By level 50, your spider should juice up when the boss is mid way through giving you plenty of time to defeat him.

On all levels, make sure you hand target any fast moving creeps and kill them 1st. And of course sell everything before the level ends to maximize your cash bonus and your score. And now you have your gold star.

Hope this helps ;)

Attached Files:

11. PhagoCychotic

Mar 22, 2009
    *ah* you just gave me an excited little feeling in my tummy. I never fully thought out timing of spider activation!

12. smurfpumper

smurfpumper New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Because of that level...I found this site.
    Thanks for the help (Glue???? No glue??? Oh no!!! I need glue!!)

13. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Thanks for sharing your strats!

I've been waiting for a post like this for a while.
    :D

14. ccrider93

ccrider93 New Member

Feb 7, 2010
    This won't get you the star, as you have to sell towers, and in order to get the star, you have to keep your towers.

This is one tough level, anyone else have any general suggestions?

15. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    You can sell towers in survival mode to get the star and with the strategy here in this thread you can do with a little practice

16. edcarrer

edcarrer New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Next strat..

Now to solve on the road for gold star :)

17. Sardonicus

Sardonicus New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    How did you get that big yellow thing? I thought the best thing you could buy was one of those laser things. Looks like you've got something else. And how do you get a "full Power" boomerang? Did I miss that in the instructions . . . ?

18. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    that's a fully upgraded flashlight, bosses are impossible to beat without those...o.0

19. Sardonicus

Sardonicus New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    No wonder I've had so much trouble. I only noticed the "SELL" option for an existing defense, not the "UPGRADE" option. Shame on me. I thought the game was getting exponentially harder and that you had to be a MENSA member to pick the perfect strategy. Thanks for the clarification.

20. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

How sticky is this situation?