Buying 4.0 Beta?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iGilo, Apr 11, 2010.

1. iGilo

iGilo Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
  2. All-Eyez-On-Me

All-Eyez-On-Me Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Seems like it, if it is, It's a def buy. I am NOT waiting 'till summer to get this, too many features too drool over.

3. Firestar

Firestar Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    It's illegal. The developer agreement prohibits it. Besides, OS 4 is buggy, not feature complete, and crashes a lot. On my testing iPod, I rebooted and it went into recovery mode. It's not worth it.

4. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    Yeah I've heard that it's VERY buggy

5. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    If you're a developer, you should already have access to it. If you're not, then I'm wondering why you'd even want to touch early-beta level firmware.

If you're looking to find exploits in it, just grab a copy off a bittorrent site - it's exactly the same code and won't waste one of someone's developer slots.

6. derekvanvliet

derekvanvliet Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Programmer
    Toronto, Canada
    The 4.0 beta is considered confidential information by Apple, subject to NDA. So whatever registered developer is doing this is asking to have their license revoked (and maybe legal action). Hope the 4.49 is worth it to them.

Or it's just a fraudulent auction and not worth giving the time of day.

7. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

8. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Not necessarily. Developers can register up to 100 device IDs, so the only thing that's possibly illegal here is the fact that this guy's trying to make money from selling those spots.

9. iGilo

iGilo Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I ended up not buying it, and my friend who attempted to make an app had entered my UDID into his list. Thanks for all your replies :D I think it was genuine, but I would have been stupid risking it :D