Universal Eternium (by Making Fun, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 12, 2014.

1. angua2105

angua2105 Member

Nov 29, 2012
    #41 angua2105, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    I really like this game. Sure, there's IAP, but so far I manage very well without it. The rarity of gems make enhancements you need them for - such as new ability slots or slots for companions - a rare achievement when you get them. And I don't mind the timers on improving an ability - I start one or two throughout the day and in the evening, when I have time to play, I have an improved character to try out :).

There is rather much grinding, as you replay the levels several times, but I see it as a way to improve my strategy. For me it's a well made game with slow paced progression and I like it. Touch Arcade should really cover this game, I am astonished that it doesn't get much attention.

One thing I don't get: Why can you - potentially - have 5 character slots, when there are only 2 different classes? The costs for a third slot don't really outweigh the gain in gems (as you can gather gems with each character for each level played). Or did I do my math wrong?

Greetings,
    Angua

2. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    I don't know if anyone can help me here with this but i have finished the 1st area The shores of hope on normal twice now and it won't let me up the lvl to Heroic. It still says finish on normal is this a bug or is it something else I'm missing. Apart from this I'm liking the game so far and almost compelled to get a iap to support the dev.

3. jForsythe

Apr 9, 2013
    You have to finish the whole game first before you can change the difficultly to Heroic err just answered my own question didn't i. ;)

4. jForsythe

Apr 9, 2013

Sounds like your really enjoying the game have you thought about supporting the dev he/they can't make this and a sequel hopefully for free.

5. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Playing for about a week and I love this game. Very well done!

6. Gamer999

Gamer999 New Member

Oct 6, 2014
    #46 Gamer999, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Mage & Minions

I have been playing the game for a few weeks now, im on the max level 50 as the mage character, i'm currently half way thru legendary level, stuck on Margoth. (anyone got any tips to beat him?) :) :confused:

A few comments on previous posts,
    IAP - you can spend money on gems but you don't need to, as you can get gems a few ways
    a) completing levels.
    b) completing the daily quest
    c) sometimes get gems during the daily drops when log in.
    d) doing the cup challenges. eg destroying 5000 skeletons, etc.

I have only opened 1 chest and it is not really worth it at lower levels, as you can soon find better loot from drops as you increase in level.
    At higher levels you can get legendary gear from chests and the shop so might be worth it then.

I have found the most important things to spend gems on are increasing your 1) spell slots, 2) increasing the the number of companions and 3) increasing the spaces in your inventory, then 4) opening chests or buying legendary gear from shop.

Spells: Frost Nova, Blizzard and Frost Bolt stack nicely together due to the double damage against frozen targets benefit.
    I also use the lightning bolt, good against multiple enemies sometimes.

Against some fast moving targets, Time Warp spell is useful especially on level 10 as your minions get the benefits also. So i swap Blizzard out for Time Warp.

of the passive abilities I am currently using Tough as Nails, still don't have a second slot yet but will prob get Celerity or Endurance.

Online: You don't need to connect to the internet to play the game,
    the only things you need to connect to the internet for are
    a) receiving the daily drop
    b) receiving the daily 20 gem challenge
    c) starting or finishing crafting
    d) starting or finishing spell research.

so if you dont have internet on your tablet can easily connect on wifi somewhere at home/work/coffee shop, get daily drop/challenge, start or finish crafting/researching etc.
    then connect again a few hours later if you need to.
    Good for the commute to work/college.

crafting - most of the time you don't get much from it, but sometimes you get a higher level item. On a few occasions i managed to get rare from 3 uncommon, epic from 3 rare and on two occasions legendary from 3 epic items.
    The item crafting takes into the account the bonuses of the items used to craft, eg if 3 items used give extra gold then the gear created will have extra gold as at least 1 ability, if 2 items give extra gold the item created will probably give extra gold, (but not definitely)

The different bonuses on the items can lead to many different strategies, such as maximizing attack speed, critical change or maximizing armor for a tank strategy so the game does have some variety in that respect.

complaints:
    game occasionly locks up downloading profile, a work around i have found is turning off wifi, then starting game,then turning wifi back on, seems to work fine then.
    crafting and researching spell times can be too long, especially at higher levels.
    game can get a bit repetitious.
    level 50 cap is a bit low

7. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Add me!
    XAVO WEXA KODO 1810

8. raposo777

raposo777 Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Great game!

They overdo it a bit in the "sales department" with the discounts and everything.... But its ok.

Btw.... I am a really bad player and so i am stuck in the Fiery Pit....

What is the way out? I get killed a lot....

Thanks for not laughing at me.

R7

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I just started this back up and loving it all over. I just wish there was more classes. Imagine a Necromancer, Paladin, or Druid along with the existing 2 classes!

10. karolis.mika

karolis.mika Member

Dec 28, 2014
    Looks worth giving a shot at.

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    For sure its a good game.

12. ttkwan

ttkwan Member

Apr 5, 2009
    I decided to give this a try myself, and I too am surprised that this game never got the coverage it deserves.

Having a blast with the mage so far. Will try the fighter later.

13. diegohostettler

diegohostettler Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    At first I thought it's quite a cool game. Even bought some iap, but soon found out that purchases made are not account bound and only count for 1 of the 2 character slots. Considering it costs you about 20.-- for 1 char to max all skill slots it's quite greedy. Also it's really really grindy. The drop rate for gear is way worse than d3. Also if you can't resist don't play Mage.

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Update adding sets! Guys why is this game not getting more attention...

15. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    This game is awesome, I feel like it should be getting more attention by the TA community. Give it a shot!

16. tdm6926

tdm6926 New Member

Jun 8, 2015
    disabled, was a legal secretary
    Lake Worth, Fl
    I really like this game. It reminds me of Diablo. I am still very new just did #5. I have question, I haven't been able to find the answer to. In Diablo, we fused the smaller gems (I,e, topaz, ruby, etc) to larger ones until we got perfect. I notice we have those type gemstones here but how do we fuse them until we vet perfect stones. I could nit find any way to do this and I have alot of those type gemstones. Thanks.

17. tdm6926

tdm6926 New Member

Jun 8, 2015
    disabled, was a legal secretary
    Lake Worth, Fl
    Review

I am really enjoyiig this game. I find myself spending alot of time playing. I would give it five stars.

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I wish it had more classes though.

19. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Having fun with it so far. Died a few times on mission 7, but I think I'm on 9 now. Trick is not to buy any treasure chest unlocks and save gems for skill slots, helper slots and inventory slots.

One thing I just discovered is that you get a better result if when crafting a particular type of item - say pants - you use as many of that type of item as you can. Higher level, and an additional bonus.

I havent added a gem to anything yet, not sure if they are removable or item-locked.

To answer a question above, you can combine 3 identical gems by clicking, nothing like a horadric cube is required.

20. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    #60 Cronk, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Nifty game. Scratches the d3 itch, and thread deserves a bump. Seriously, give it a shot if you like torchlight/d3 kinda games. Impressive for mobile.

Edit: friend code - TUKU JOGI PATA 9835