Upcoming fighting game maker for iphone!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VaudooG33k, Dec 26, 2010.

1. VaudooG33k

VaudooG33k Active Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Quebec/Canada
  2. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
  3. Shanatenay

Shanatenay Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    #3 Shanatenay, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
    Really cool idea that should appeal to a lot of fighting game fans.

I saw in the screens it says iMugen. That makes me wonder if Beats of Rage could show ever up on the iphone as well.

I know user-made packs use a lot of sprites from other games. If the packs are free would Apple have any legal trouble or legal obligations from letting something like iMugen or iBeats of Rage access them?

If it is based on Mugen then pleeeease support this mod pack when it's finally released.

It's called Card Sagas Wars and should appeal to the fanboy in everyone.

Here's the main site (it's in Spanish):

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

There's only one thing about Card Sagas Wars that I don't like: I don't know when it's coming out!

4. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Don't know if it'll ever come out, but it appears they're making a LOT of characters so I guess it'll be a while.

5. Shanatenay

Dec 19, 2010
    #5 Shanatenay, Dec 27, 2010
    Yeah I read that they've spent at least 3 years on it. Too bad they don't release it in episodes or something like that and just keep the previous characters in each episode.

I sent an email to one of the artists asking them to please consider making an action-rpg for the Iphone. I know they're busy with their current project, but there's no way they could sell it due to all the copyrighted characters.

They should at least make some money off of all the talent they have.

I'd buy the game no matter how boring it was just for the graphics alone.

That Soma Cruz in the video looks AWESOME.

Maybe they could make a retail fighter using their own characters as well as an action-rpg.
    There was a Dragonball Z Quake 3 mod called Bid for Power a while back and when they faced legal action they made plans to create their own characters.
    I just remembered that mod for some reason so I don't really know what became of it.

I don't think this mod will cause them any trouble though since:

1) it's not being sold

2) most of the copyright owners are more focused on 3d games nowadays so I don't think they would see any 2d fanart projects as a threat.

6. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    i highly doubt if this could be released!

7. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

#7 Beto_Machado, Dec 27, 2010
    Same exact OP post has been posted in dozens of sites. I bet you "can't wait", right Vaudoo? Anyway, looking at their Youtube account iFIGHT video, i can't help but shake my head - Mugen makes me sick, stealing people's sprites.

I wonder if they even got the Martial Masters rights, or maybe it's stolen, too. MM is one game that was never ported and would make lots of fighting game fans happy to own it... Legally, that is.

Yeah, i'm sure Arcs and SNK (which still make 2D fighters, unlike what you think), that have their sprites stolen in this garbage will be real happy about it... :rolleyes:

8. Shanatenay

Dec 19, 2010
    #8 Shanatenay, Dec 27, 2010
    I didnt day there werent any more 2d fighters

I just meant there seems to be more of a focus nowadays on 3D.

I know the characters from card sagas wars aren't original, but the team is claiming that most of them are recreated from scratch.

I have know way of proving if thats true or not but two of the sprite artists have deviantarts with their work and the same YouTube channel has a video showing the creation of a sprite starting from the beginning.

I also will admit that I dont have enough experience with any card games or whatever games the art styles are based on so I don't know if theyre straight rips

9. videogameman9

videogameman9 Member

Feb 20, 2010
    question

What's the release date?