What nintendo games would you like to see on ios?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by seanec89, Oct 27, 2012.

1. seanec89

seanec89 Member

Oct 8, 2012
    I think we all want Mario, Zelda and pokemon on our phones but aside from the those what nintendo games would you wanna see ported over to the iOS platform.

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    You mean developed by Nintendo? A Super Smash Bros. game. Well, Melee is the only one I played, but it was hella fun.

3. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    From Nintendo's first parties? None, really. It would mean (I presume) that they were failling as a hard ware company - something I don't want to see.

3rd party, though? Rune Factory Frontier and Pandora's Tower.

4. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    "Mario (nods in agreement), Zelda (nods again) and Pokemon (Every gamer over 18 in the room looks at each other with WTF faces on)" lol

Ummm yeah any Mario would be great, but honestly, I'm friggin kiling myself for a proper Contra port. I know it's not developed by Nintendo, but that's even worse! It's made by a dev that already makes iOS games! For god's sake Konami, make it happen!

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Metroid (a redone Return of Samus [OG GB title] would be BEYOND amazing)
    Kid Icarus
    Kirby's Adventure
    Kirby's Dream Land
    Adventure Island
    Bonkers

There's loads more, but that's it right off the top of my head...

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Finally somebody makes a thread about this.

The games play fine on their systems, wouldn't want them on a touchscreen(only).

7. seanec89

seanec89 Member

Oct 8, 2012
    I love nintendo games but have never been a fan of their hardware. I've been reading a lot of story's how nintendo is losing tons of money on the 3DS and the Wii u is the last hope. All this has me thinking that I kinda want nintendo to fail so they will port their games to other platforms.

Look at sega and all the games they are making on ios we wouldn't see that if nintendo didn't beat them back in the day. F Zero, Animal Crossing, Earth Bound and fire emblem are just a few IPs I would live to play on ios.

8. Super mario bros, all of them, heck super mario kart too!

Edit: and starfox! That rocks too!

9. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Do you really think no one over the age of 18 play Pokemon? Really? I can't even begin to tell you how wrog you are...

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Really? Adults play Pokemon? I thought that comment was hilarious. Adult version should read "We all want Mario, Zelda, and Metroid".

11. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #11 Greyskull, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    Wasn't worth the death of the Dreamcast. Though the deathof the Dreamcast was actually a good thing for me...I got it while Best buy was clearing out their stock for 50 bucks, and 15 games or so for like 5 bucks each. Then I grabbed 30 or so more, mostly cheap, from Electronics Boutique/EB games (now swallowed by the abomination known as Gamestop). Well, at first they were cheap, then the prices started going up...like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 used for 35 bucks. That was when it was only available for Dreamcast.

That reminds me. I WANT VIRTUAL ON ORATORIO TANGRAM ported, dammit! I never got a chance to play against real people...sniff...

EDIT: Nintendo had nothing to do with the demise of either the Saturn (well, maybe a bit) or the Dreamcast. If any company helped put a stake in Sega hardware, it was Sony. Nintendo 64 came out well after the Playstation, and the Dreamcast was timed poorly, in-between cycles. Too many people where waiting for a more capable Playstation 2.

12. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #12 Snozberry, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    22 yo female who loves pokemon here
    *hangs head in shame*
    if I were a male it'd probably be harder to openly admit that, but come on.. I find it hard to believe people who grew up on pokemon could not still find it fun.. My mom would never enjoy pokemon, nor my dad, but they didn't grow up on it.. I think when I'm like 50 I'll still love the classic pokemon games.
    Back a few years ago you were a nerd if you liked gaming, but the times are changing, technology is so advanced, even the cool kids like gaming on their idevices.. It's becoming more sociably acceptable to admit.. Most ppl assume people who like pokemon are a pansies. I'm pretty badass.. I went through a big party phase at one point of my life and had to go to rehab twice and nearly died.. I'm through that now.. But so many people assume pokemon fans are sort sort of Steve urkle doofus when it's not.. Just us typical 90s kids who grew up on it.

Pokemon gold was the bomb.. And pokemon ruby.. I played pokemon red as a child, gold in middle school, ruby as a teen, and lastly, diamond as an adult..and I enjoyed the hell out of every one of them.. Not sure if they will still be enjoyable as the years pass though.. I don't like things changing too much. I also loved habbo and neopets when I was a kid but years later neopets changed so much, even as a kid I no longer liked it, then I randomly went and played habbo a few months ago and was disgusted at what it's become.. Too complicated.. Too much crap to do..goals, achievements, this and that.. Kids these days want too much.. I liked things basic.
    But anyway moving along..

Nintendo games I want on iOS:

Well for starters, in agree with all Mario, all zelda, and all pokemon games.

If I could only pick a few I'd pick

Mario and luigi superstar saga for gba
    I should just JB my phone so I could play this.

Mario party - not a exact game though, I mean like a bunch of minigames throughout the whole series that would work perfectly with the touch screen, with split screen multiplayer mode and online multiplayer mode, and pass and play.. The board game being option able, mainly just the mini games is important.. Not many multiplayer games on iPad would be great.

Smash bros with the same modes as above

Banjo kazooie a billion percent probs my fav nintendo 64 game ever

Kirby the crystal shards

Kirbys dreamland

Klonoa

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Banjo Kazooie is Microsofts now.

14. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I like to compare Pokemon to Call of Duty. Call of Duty is made for adults/teenagers, but tons of screeming 10-year olds end up playing it. Pokemon is made for screeming 10-year olds, but tons of adults/teens play it.

15. seanec89

seanec89 Member

Oct 8, 2012
    I'm 23 and and I love pokemon I started playing on the gameboy in 4th grade. I like the first and 2nd gen the best. I know people older than me with wife's and kids who still enjoy pokemon.

Sure it was targeted to small kids but the games were very good rpg's with insane replay value. Even to this day when I start a new game I make it a point to catch a unique team to beat the game with. That game isn't for kids only.

16. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I never got into Pokemon because I was past playing video games (for a time) by the time they came out...I think.

But the idea always intrigued me, and I loved...was it Monster Rancher? It was for the original Playstation; you created monsters by scanning a music CD; each CD would create a unique monster, but using the same album would always create the same monster.

Anyways, I've tried some clones but never got too into them. Most on ios are craptacular browser style "fake" games.

Age don't have a thing to do with it. The most popular game in history could arguably be Pac-Man. Adults played it as much, if not more, than kids. What's so grown up about Pac-Man?

I've found that most people who lump games into "kiddy" categories which they won't play are kids themselves, usually 11-13 years old. Maybe 14-20 year olds with terrible self-esteem as well.

17. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh yeah, Animal Crossing. Never got it but wanted it sooo bad. Didn't it come with a mic, to talk to the animals? If so, that would be perfect for iDevices.

18. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I can't believe that kids who played Pokemon are adults now. Well, at least I can date them now without facing jail time.

19. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I agree about the Dreamcast. And the adjective used to describe the games retailer.

20. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think the Sega iOS catalog is anywhere near the heights of their Genisis/Saturn/Dreamcast best.

Also, the Wii U pre-orders are sold out, aren't they? And most articles I have seen (admittedly, not that many in total) point to a sure win for the Wii U.

Finally, isn't game hardware always sold at a loss? I seem to remember Sony loosing or at best breaking even during the PSX.

Either way, seeing Sega go out of hardware was sad. I think it is a testament to the people's admiration of the system that there are still games being produced by indy devs. I really don't want that to happen to Nintendo.

Though... in ten years (?) it will be content, not platform...